Line Combos: Offensive line combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
TOP LINE

I like jenner here, wins draws and good down low. Can score dirty goals. Will compliment these guys nice!

( LW ) JOHNNY GAUDREAU
( C ) BOONE JENNER
( RW ) PATRIK LAINE

SECOND LINE

I like jack here. This line needs a scoring center and jack can be that. Gus and voracek both are pass happy.

( LW ) GUSTAV NYQUIST
( C ). JACK ROSLOVIC
( RW ) JAKUB VORACEK

THIRD LINE

I honestly think danforth was really good last year. He has some great looks and the goalies made big saves. I think now pressure is off he will surprise a lot of people. He's always in the right space and has a great shot! Team resigned him for a reason. Hoping kent can take big step and cole just does his thing.

( LW ) KENT JOHNSON
( C ) COLE SILLINGER
( RW ) JUSTIN DANFORTH

FOURTH LINE

This line was so good last year when healthy. Would like to see foudy in for Robinson both have speed but foudy imo has larger ceiling. Roberson has been solid tho.

( LW ) ERIC ROBINSON
( C ) SEAN KURALY
( RW ) ALEXANDRE TEXIER

Rotation guys
YEGOR CHINAKHOV

Honestly don't know where he fits. He didn't impress me last year at all. Seemed lost at times. Think ahl would do him good. Could be RW 3RD Line but that's a young line.

KIRILL MARCHENKO

Really excited for this guy. Hope he can become bjorky 2.0. He will work his way in the lineup at somepoint. Could be third line RW But again pretty young line. Will need to play two way game to stay in lineup. Might need time to adjust to nhl.

EMIL BEMSTRÖM

Has potential but most likely 3rd or 4th line rotation guy. Should trade him not getting opportunity here. Maybe he steps up in camp and pushes for a roster spot

MATHIEU OLIVIER

4th line rotation guy. Never understood this trade, especially with ERIK GUDBRANSON being top FA on our board. Will he slow our lines down. Not a offensive guy.

LIAM FOUDY

Imo should be in rotating in robinsons spot. I really like foudys game! But for some reason he's dropped off coaches prospect list. Seems bound for ahl unless we are hit with injury Bug. He should be pressing Robinson for ice time. Competition brings top game

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Posted this to off-season thread but this seems like the right place for it, so I'll copy it here.

Tried to spread the young guys around the line-up since based on eye test coaches seem to dislike playing a bunch of 20 year olds together.

Johnny - Jenner - Laine
Tex - Sillinger - Voracek
KJ - Roslovic - Nyquist
Robinson - Kuraly - Marchenko
Olivier, Danforth

Werenski - Blankenburg
Gavrikov - Boqvist
Bean - Gudbranson
Peeke

Elvis
Korpi

Didn't check the waiver status of these guys, but that might chance some things.
AHL: Bemström, Foudy, Chinakhov

Reactions: NotWendell

RykerNasher

Jul 22, 2022
Marchenko and Chinakhov arent going to the AHL. Danforth sure as hell isn't taking a spot from them.

RykerNasher

Jul 22, 2022
The way Larsen praised Danforth in this interview, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the opening night line-up. Can't bother to search for the timestamp, but it's a great interview overall.

Ah i missed all the times coaches openly throw players under the bus

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Voracek-Roslovic-Marchenko
Johnson-Sillinger-Nyquist
Robinson-Kuraly-Bemstrom
Olivier, Danforth

Texier (if he's still here) factors in somewhere. Chinakhov to AHL.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Wouldn’t be surprised if we make one more W for D “hockey trade”. Maybe even a package. We have a glut of wingers at the moment.

Something I don’t think Lars will do but I’d be intrigued by:

Gaudreau - Sillinger - Laine
Nyquist- Roslovic - Voracek
Johnson - Jenner - Marchenko
Robinson - Kuraly - Texier
Bemstrom
Danforth
Chinakhov
Foudy

Have the higher upside Sillinger who can win pucks with Johnny/Patty. Speedy Roslovic with the elder vets. Savvy, responsible Jenner with the young kids.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
This team really needs Voracek to step up on the second line. He’s kind of the key to everything right now. We know the first line will produce. But Voracek can’t have a down year. We need the old 20 goal version of him.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This team really needs Voracek to step up on the second line. He’s kind of the key to everything right now. We know the first line will produce. But Voracek can’t have a down year. We need the old 20 goal version of him.
We need growth all over the place. Voracek needs to do his thing. Roslovic needs to be the guy we saw at the end of the year vs the start. Sillinger needs to continue to grow and show he knows he belongs vs letting the game come to him so much.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Ah i missed all the times coaches openly throw players under the bus
U must not watch much hockey man. Marchenko has to earn a spot and coaches trust.

Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Voracek-Roslovic-Marchenko
Johnson-Sillinger-Nyquist
Robinson-Kuraly-Bemstrom
Olivier, Danforth

Texier (if he's still here) factors in somewhere. Chinakhov to AHL.
Like those lines. Nyquest adds vet to rookie line. Tex will slot in for bem.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we make one more W for D “hockey trade”. Maybe even a package. We have a glut of wingers at the moment.

Something I don’t think Lars will do but I’d be intrigued by:

Gaudreau - Sillinger - Laine
Nyquist- Roslovic - Voracek
Johnson - Jenner - Marchenko
Robinson - Kuraly - Texier
Bemstrom
Danforth
Chinakhov
Foudy

Have the higher upside Sillinger who can win pucks with Johnny/Patty. Speedy Roslovic with the elder vets. Savvy, responsible Jenner with the young kids.
Also good mix!! Silly did play top line last year. Could have shot this year as well.

Cool to have options.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Gaudreau - Jenner - Laine
Tex - Jack - Jake
Gus - Silly - Marchenko
Robinson - Kuraly - Danforth
Bemstrom

KJ, Foudy, and Chinakov as the first call ups from clevland but also get then major minutes. KJ has never had a season as long as this. Give these guys time to prove they don't belong in the A.

I also went with the old fashion formula of corners - shooter - passer line combos. Hopefully Jake can feed Jack like Laine as at the end of last season. Also trying to keep from having pure kid lines (hence Gus with Silly). Also shelter Silly a bit more.

We're going to see lots of combos this year

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I can't decide which one of the line combos I like best, they all look pretty nice. Wonder how much Larsen will test out different lines, at least he's got options to choose from!

I slightly disagree on Chinakhov though - to my eye he seemed to do a lot of little things right but it never amounted to much due to his teammates fumbling or some bad luck (goalie saves). Some AHL might do good regardless, but he didn't play bad in my opinion, just couldn't get flying and didn't get many chances to try out that shot of his. I think it was a good first season overall, and this season will be much more telling of his real future with the team.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I can't decide which one of the line combos I like best, they all look pretty nice. Wonder how much Larsen will test out different lines, at least he's got options to choose from!

I slightly disagree on Chinakhov though - to my eye he seemed to do a lot of little things right but it never amounted to much due to his teammates fumbling or some bad luck (goalie saves). Some AHL might do good regardless, but he didn't play bad in my opinion, just couldn't get flying and didn't get many chances to try out that shot of his. I think it was a good first season overall, and this season will be much more telling of his real future with the team.
I like that. To be honest he just didn't catch my eye but you seem to have watched a lot closer.. Hope he grows and isn't another bem. We definitely have a log jam of prospects

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
You guys have so many options for lines it’s scary!

I’ll go with this;

Why: makes too much sense. Jenner will do the hard board work and will get pucks to Gaudreau and Laine(they will do rest).

K.Johnson - Roslovic - Voracek
Why: KJ needs to get minutes to show what he can do. Roslovic and Voracek will give him the vet support he needs.

Texier - Sillinger - Nyquist
Why: a nice 3rd line with Nyquist the playmaker, Texier the finisher, Sillinger does it all.

Why: should be a great 4th line that can still get some points

Marchenko, Chinakov, Bemstrom, Foudy - they all need good ice time in minors. Will get call ups as needed….preferably for good NHL minutes.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If Tex doesn’t come back I am gonna have some work to do.
I personally replace "work" with drinking

I’ll go with this;

Why: makes too much sense. Jenner will do the hard board work and will get pucks to Gaudreau and Laine(they will do rest).

Why: KJ needs to get minutes to show what he can do. Roslovic and Voracek will give him the vet support he needs.

Why: a nice 3rd line with Nyquist the playmaker, Texier the finisher, Sillinger does it all.

Marchenko, Chinakov, Bemstrom, Foudy - they all need good ice time in minors. Will get call ups as needed….preferably for good NHL minutes.
2nd line is 3 playmakers. Roslovic can score but probably not enough to play with 2 pure playmakers

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017

I’ll go with this;

Love it!! Would roll kj on two!!

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Posted this to off-season thread but this seems like the right place for it, so I'll copy it here.

Tried to spread the young guys around the line-up since based on eye test coaches seem to dislike playing a bunch of 20 year olds together.

Johnny - Jenner - Laine
Tex - Sillinger - Voracek
KJ - Roslovic - Nyquist
Robinson - Kuraly - Marchenko
Olivier, Danforth

Werenski - Blankenburg
Gavrikov - Boqvist
Bean - Gudbranson
Peeke

Elvis
Korpi

Didn't check the waiver status of these guys, but that might chance some things.
AHL: Bemström, Foudy, Chinakhov
I like Peeke in the lineup, but otherwise a good plan… until the puck drops and we scramble everything.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Texier-Roslovic-Voracek
KJ-Sillinger-Nyquist
Robinson-Kuraly-Marchenko
Danforth, Bemstrom

Werenski-Blanks
Gavrikov- Boq
Bean-Guds
Peeke

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I like Peeke in the lineup, but otherwise a good plan… until the puck drops and we scramble everything.
Peeke and Blankenburg are going to be an interesting battle. Peeke would be great in a 3rd pair role but unfortunately doesnt have Gundbranson's fists. Realistically Peeke and Blankenburg could both play but the team probably either wants Boqvist to develop into the player he was supposed to or show him off

Reactions: thebus88

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
started writing lines and realized they were the same as the OP. Danforth or Marchenko is probably the debate. Danforth adds the never quit attitude of Bjorkstrand which is good for the kids but unfortunately not the offense

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I keep reading that Laine is best on the LW. Gaudreau is a LW. Does it make sense for them to be paired?

Jake could feed Laine but then who feeds Gaudreau? or is he such a great play driver/assist producer that he doesn't need a great assist man?

Or does Gaudreau play the right side so Laine can tee up his one timer?

Seems like the default in the reponses is to pair them Laine-C-Gaudreau.

I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad