OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I wore my North Face rain jacket to the train this morning and felt like I was suffocating.

**** THIS WEATHER

Friend was working the World Series last night in LA where it was 104 but the humidity was only 10 percent.

Right now in Cambridge it is 69 with 100% humidity - I think I would rather be in LA

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I guess everyones work sucks.

They just put me to salary and Im getting $600 less a month from the no on call pay.
Gonna have to work part time @ Lowes me thinks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Do we work at the same place?

The SLIGHTEST potential issue or problem they go off the deep end. Like it's not even a problem yet and may not be. Relax. I can't stand stressed people that try to f*** up your day. Their attempts drive me nuts. One said "How are you so calm?"...I'm like the answer is two fold, 1. it's only paper (No I don't work at Dunder Mifflin or whatever it is) not an organ for transplant, and 2., I honestly give zero f***s about you, or your stress level.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I guess everyones work sucks.

They just put me to salary and Im getting $600 less a month from the no on call pay.
Gonna have to work part time @ Lowes me thinks.

Get this. I'm on salary. Supposedly. One week I took half a day and worked 39 hours for the week. I work 8-5:30 or longer, one hour lunch. I got my check and they paid me for 36 work hours and charged me 4 hours vacation. These owners are out of control.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Get this. I'm on salary. Supposedly. One week I took half a day and worked 39 hours for the week. I work 8-5:30 or longer, one hour lunch. I got my check and they paid me for 36 work hours and charged me 4 hours vacation. These owners are out of control.

That's f***ing ridiculous.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Fats Domino, the amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music while honoring the traditions of the Crescent City, died Tuesday. He was 89.
Mark Bone, chief investigator with the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, coroner's office, said Domino died of natural causes at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Fats Domino, the amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose steady, pounding piano and easy baritone helped change popular music while honoring the traditions of the Crescent City, died Tuesday. He was 89.
Mark Bone, chief investigator with the Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, coroner's office, said Domino died of natural causes at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Boooo

Reactions: BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

That is some bull poopy. I'm just stuck in a 4x4 grey walled cubicle with no windows, oh and I look back and forth between spread sheets and computer screens all day. I hate it. The people here are ok, but I'm a keep to myself kind of employee, I don't come to work to make friends. There is definitely drama around here, I just have nothing to do with it. Haven't gotten a raise in the 3 years I've been here, nor one 'yearly review', yah, I'll be outta here by end of January I hope.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

that sucks. Well- I plan on bolting out of here at 3pm every Friday now. or whenever there isnt much going on for the day. I do alot of driving around for this company, oversee alot of sites around the state, so Im guessing they wont know when I leave for the day.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Love when companies nickel and dime their employees. Such a great way to show them how little they're valued.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope you get your wish.

I`m a frustrated job seeker. For 30 years I was in the Food and Beverage Industry and after I "cleaned" my act up I did something I didn`t think was possible for a HS dropout to do, I took loads of tests and qualified for admittance to Saint Mary`s University here. I spoke with a few Program and Career counselors about which programs would offer the best prospect for work upon completion and they agreed that the field of HR is one that is vast and in need of many candidates.

Graduated in 2014, have done everything they suggested, went to numerous networking events, sent out and hand delivered countless resume`s (since 2014 approx 500), make call backs for everywhere I applied and crickets. I have had 6 interviews in that time. My biggest hurdle is my bloody career in the restaurant biz. That`s all prospective employers see, they don`t look at my responsibilities as a Manager in those restaurants where performing HR tasks is a daily duty, recruiting, screening, interviews, payroll, scheduling, creating policy/procedure manuals, determining wage and compensation packages.

I don`t get it, if there is one positive, the ONLY interest I have garnered and have been asked to interview for are a number of HR positions in BC which Mrs Odaat and I are moving to upon completion of her program. They plucked my resume off LinkedIn but I had to decline possible consideration as I`m not going anywhere without her and the pooch.

So disheartening, I was so excited then proud to attend University, busted my arse, did everything suggested post graduation when job seeking and nothing. I`m not feeling sorry for myself, I have a job today but it`s back in the resto biz and while I`m grateful every day for having a job, it`s so frustrating
Good Luck Andrew. I would hire you :D

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I hear ya, is this not the same kind of BS schedule they had last year? Soft early then crazy heavy heading down the stretch?

Another OT question, Eric Russo seems to have replaced Caryn Switaj, I`m enjoying Eric`s delivery but anyone know what Caryn is doing now? I thought she was very solid in her position there

That's funny, I literally thought the exact same thing a few days ago - every update is Eric. Well, I looked it up...

Guess she's no longer with the team. I really liked Caryn's on-air presentations, so I'll miss her...but Eric's not bad, either.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
First Dave Goucher and now Caryn Switaj?

This has been a rough season and it only just started.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I wish they’d get rid of the in game presenter. She’s no Kelly Malone.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Kind of along those lines of on air personalities for the team, I was watching the last game in between periods and Dale was on with Billy Jaffe, and some clown fans stuck their faces up behind them and yelled while on camera. Jaffe was talking and handled it like a pro, just kept on going and made his point, but the look Arnold shot the people was hysterical. He clearly was beyond pissed off at the disruption. So funny.

Reactions: Aeroforce

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
First Dave Goucher and now Caryn Switaj?

This has been a rough season and it only just started.

I finally heard some game calls by Judd Sirott. While he's no Dave Goucher, he's actually pretty good. Much better than what I expected after hearing some folks rip on him earlier this year.

And FWIW, I still miss Kathryn Tappen.

Reactions: Seidenbergy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad