OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I enjoyed Sobotka myself. I thought that whole story was well told.

Do you have a favorite character?

Near the end of 2 I felt bad for Frank Sabotka and Ziggy. What meant the most to Frank was his union and he did everything he could to save it only to be murdered and the union being de-certified. Really felt bad for Ziggy when he and Frank talked in the police station. Ziggy being tired of being the punchline to all the jokes.

Favorite characters. Omar, Bodie, Bunk, McNalty, Brother Mouzone, Slim Charles, Herc, and Carver.

One of my favorite scenes is when Slim kills Method Man at the end of season 5. He may have lost money by that move but its loyalty to Prop Joe.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I bought one at Christmas time for the kids. My wife didn't get why I bought one, but now that we have it, she likes it a lot. It's pretty slick. You just talk into the thing and it pulls up exactly what you want to see.
I’m glad I bought it but I just turned on my Apple TV and shockingly, there’s a Prime app.

I’m curious to see what apps the Fire Stick has that Apple TV doesn’t.

Can you get your iTunes movies on it by any chance?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Near the end of 2 I felt bad for Frank Sabotka and Ziggy. What meant the most to Frank was his union and he did everything he could to save it only to be murdered and the union being de-certified. Really felt bad for Ziggy when he and Frank talked in the police station. Ziggy being tired of being the punchline to all the jokes.

Favorite characters. Omar, Bodie, Bunk, McNalty, Brother Mouzone, Slim Charles, Herc, and Carver.

One of my favorite scenes is when Slim kills Method Man at the end of season 5. He may have lost money by that move but its loyalty to Prop Joe.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but I just love Bodie. He just does what he has to do.

Reactions: VegasPatriot

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Not me, I'll just go hop in a pool.

Shoveling this morning was not fun. Even with the leg in a brace, the knee buckled a few times. I really don't want to have to shovel anymore.
Snow blower! Power hand shovel. There are things out there besides a normal shovel.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I’m glad I bought it but I just turned on my Apple TV and shockingly, there’s a Prime app.

I’m curious to see what apps the Fire Stick has that Apple TV doesn’t.

Can you get your iTunes movies on it by any chance?

They are competitors so no. Well, technically yes, but it takes extra steps to convert them.

Reactions: Alicat

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Snow blower! Power hand shovel. There are things out there besides a normal shovel.
I live in an apartment so a snow blower doesn't make sense. I was cleaning off my car and my roommate's car which had 2 feet of snow on them, and the areas around them. If I lived in a house, I would most definitely have a snow blower and a generator.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but I just love Bodie. He just does what he has to do.

I think what people like about Bodie is we watched him grow from a kid to a man from season 1 to season 4. Sad that from the crew from season 1 only Poot survived. I like the relationships Bunk had with Omar and McNulty with Bodie, Herc and Carver with the kids and dealers. The show is very deep, all sorts of hidden meanings and other stuff. I heard Harvard or another college has a class to analyze the show.

Reactions: William Faulkner

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So today is my last day at my current job. My boss will not be there, as she has a meeting at a different facility. So, yesterday she brought in cake for a quick farewell gathering in the conference room. She came out to ask me if i wanted lunch....I said...how bout we get pizza and folks can share? She mumbled...I dont want to spend money on everyone. So I just asked for a turkey wrap from a local place. When it arrived she brought it to my desk with a card and went back to her meeting. I'm not sure what I was expecting in my head......but I thought that was ....idk, but it caused me to examine what my expectations were at that moment.
Later, I had to text her to tell her I was leaving for the day and wanted to say goodbye (she was in another meeting). So she came running out to hug me. She also left me money in the card for "a night out dinner" for me and Trev. (which was very thoughtful)
I guess thats why I struggled so badly in this job....the nature of the industry makes it necessary to be "detached" and it is an exclusive community. I I think she was trying to do her best with all the pressure she has on her and I'm grateful for her effort .
I'm taking away a lot of lessons from this experience about being strong in who I am.

Sometimes things are meant to be transition periods and not an excellent fit. I set an intention to exit with grace and positive energy.
on to new experiences.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Oh, and our Minister backed out of our wedding yesterday....he had a family "conflict".

it was a great day :(:mad:

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Oh, and our Minister backed out of our wedding yesterday....he had a family "conflict".

it was a great day :(:mad:

Yikes that sucks but tell Trevor to grow some hair so they don't see the 666 on the side of his head.

Seriously though wedding planning is a nightmare. Things are always falling through for some reason. Hang in there and it will all remarkably come together. That and buying a house/moving are the worst. Add in changing jobs and you are going through three of life's greatest stressors at once. Please be sure to take time for you, find your center and hang out there for a bit as much as you can.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Plenty of time for Lou to get ordained!
Happy last day, @Kovi!

that image made me laugh. :laugh::naughty: and thank you Soosh.

my best friend and maid of honor was so sweet, too, just now. She said shed go get "express ordained" to help out.
I know at least two other ministers and our wedding coordinator is also ordained in NH, so it's not a panic. But im just gonna need some distance from the disappointment.
Its clearly a day of transition..... being on a threshold can be uncomfortable. :nod: the universe has a plan

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I live in an apartment so a snow blower doesn't make sense. I was cleaning off my car and my roommate's car which had 2 feet of snow on them, and the areas around them. If I lived in a house, I would most definitely have a snow blower and a generator.
Point taken. Take it easy out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scruffy

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Lost track of how much I have rewatched the series. Just finishing rewatching 2. I mean I don't HATE season 2, I just hate Frank Sabotka, Nick Sabotka and Ziggy. I enjoy all the "greek" scenes. Ben Victor w/e is awesome in The Wire.

What I hate about 5 is that it's season 5 and the last of the series..........I also hate how Omar was killed. Now I am not saying have Omar live throughout the whole series because that would not be realistic. But the way he died didn't sit well with me, have also read complaints that him hunting Stansfield alone was out of character. On the other hand his death was realistic in a way anyone can get smoked by anyone. Also hated how Bodie was killed.

They should at least make a movie or since they're bringing back sooooo many **** shows maybe bring back a good one. They already left all sorts of story lines. Michael being the new Omar, Randy becoming hard and distant to the world because of how police handled his situation, the smelly kid(forgot his name) becoming the new bubbles, Namon now with the former police major and becoming a good student. Even inside the prison Chris and Wee Bey it showed them sharing old war stories.

I could go on and on about the wire

haha, Just started watching it from the start for the umpteenth time. Got watching some clips on Youtube and dove in again.

Season 1 is still by far the best season, and season 2 I just pretend never happened except for the Barksdale/Omar scenes.

Slim Charles is my favorite character. Guy was always honest, loyal, but also may be the smartest one of the bunch. He was always the one with the good advice but they never listened to him. It's why he survived

1 good thing about season 5 was the end of the show itself. Really good to show how the machine keeps going with the kids taking the roles of guys like Bodie (Randy), Omar (Michael) and Bubbles (Dookie).

Also liked that Omar ended up winning against Marlo. Last episode, Omar's name still is known and feared and he's become a street legend...Marlo isnt known by the new generation (last scene when the 2 on the corner dont know who he is)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have a minor fender bender in Sunrise ( I was rear ended slightly but tail light damaged )

The driver hands me his license and he is from Quebec and says - no English

I say in English as he is taking my info ' Bruins are going to the playoffs and Montreal will play golf '

He explodes ' Your team has animals like Chara and Marchand'

I replied 'Ole, Ole, Ole' - I am in a very good mood right now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad