Speculation: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Fisher is not a legit 2C and neither is Bonino. If everything else stayed the same and Fisher came back, he should be the 2C and Bonino the 3. Nothing about Bonino points to him being a real 2C in this league.

Did you not see last season? While the Preds made a hell of a run, they were the worst team to make the playoffs out of all of 'em. They weren't exactly tearing it up in the regular season. The Central is going to be a bloodbath.

We also had a ton of injuries early on that factored greatly into that record, which I think most people seem to forget. It also created chemistry issues throughout the season.

We didn't do poor because of our roster, we did poor because they weren't there. However, I think that paid dividends in the playoffs where guys just moved up.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think a lot of folks here are going to be eating crow about Hartnell by this time next year. I'd put him in the top-6 here without hesitation and call it a great move. If Fiala or similar beats him out, so much the better.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
What do y all think we would have to give up for bozak and jvr? they would be a great addition to our team. they are both ufa after this next year. But could you imagine
1st line forsberg Joey arvi
2nd line jvr bozak fiala
3rd line hartnell bones aberg
4th line Watson sissons gaudreau
if you notice the players missing that's the players I would put in the trade

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
So 6 million 6 million 6 million 6 million 6 million 6 million for Arvidsson?

I would give him a bridge contract at 3 years for 9 or 2 for 6. let's see if he can do it more than 1 year. he has only 1 good year under his belt give him that much for that long would be a mistake imo he has to prove he can do it more than 1 year

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Joey for anything less than 8 would be incredible. I'd realistically take 8.5 though. I feel like they may have settled in the 8ish range

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Joey for anything less than 8 would be incredible. I'd realistically take 8.5 though. I feel like they may have settled in the 8ish range

8 years 64 million is what I'd offer him. for the points he got in the year and half hes been here he's worth about 7.5. give the extra .5 million to make him happy. 8.5 were getting up there with Crosby malkin stamkos and toews money and no offense to ryjo but ypu have tp produce like them if ypu want those dollars. 8×8 is fair

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
I don't know if you have heard, but the Pens lost their 3rd line center. Do you think Sissons could be had? If so, what cost?

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
if it was that easy Pittsburg would have duchene instead of sissons

I don't think the Pens salary cap could afford Dutch's extra $6 million on yet another center, especially a 3C. Sisson's contract might make him a more appealing low-end option at 650k for 2 years.

A Preds trade for Duchene in that situation would likely be Maata + 1st + Aberg/Gaudreau/etc.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would give him a bridge contract at 3 years for 9 or 2 for 6. let's see if he can do it more than 1 year. he has only 1 good year under his belt give him that much for that long would be a mistake imo he has to prove he can do it more than 1 year

I made the mistake previously of not realizing that a 3 year deal makes Arvy a UFA.

So he either gets a 2 year bridge deal probably in the 4 mil per range or else 6 or more years averaging about 4.5

Its also possible that he gets a one year deal thru arbitration if his agent plays hardball

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Still don't like RW or C (if Fisher is indeed gone). I hope to see another move or two before puck drop

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I made the mistake previously of not realizing that a 3 year deal makes Arvy a UFA.

So he either gets a 2 year bridge deal probably in the 4 mil per range or else 6 or more years averaging about 4.5

Its also possible that he gets a one year deal thru arbitration if his agent plays hardball

If he wants to stay here and maximize his money, he should take a 1-2 year deal to prove he can continue to perform at that level. That will set him up for a bigger contract at the expiration. It would be bad for us as we would start having some of our nice contracts on D expire at the same time though.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If he wants to stay here and maximize his money, he should take a 1-2 year deal to prove he can continue to perform at that level. That will set him up for a bigger contract at the expiration. It would be bad for us as we would start having some of our nice contracts on D expire at the same time though.

only 1 that will expire in 2 years is Ellis and I honestly don't think we'll be able to afford him so he might already be moved. I like the 1 to 2 year deal at 4 you get a 2 years to prove that last year is no fluke. I just think it would be a mistake to give and big long contract with only 1 good year on his resume. I say if he can score at least 55 points then you give him the 6×6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad