Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season V: Baseball's back and so are blockbusters (Jays send 4 prospects to A's for 3B Matt Chapman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
They have to fire him, no? Can he even cross the border?
I don't think they will fire him and he will be able to cross the border I'm sure.

If he hit someone then he would be in trouble.

Gordon Campbell was arrested for drinking in and driving in Hawaii while he was premier but that was decades ago.

Last edited:

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
For those that bring up DFA'ing Reese, he was 22nd in fWAR by C (and would be likely be the starter on BOS and NYY).

Even without his bat improving, his D plays.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Why would they fire him?
Because he committed a crime, and usually when a Canadian commits a crime they can't cross the border for x amount of time. I assume it's the same for Americans. Not to mention how it can be a distraction and set a bad example in the organization, and send the wrong message to players and fans if they don't do anything about it?

Not exactly rocket science here. I'm not saying "they should fire him" I'm wondering if they will.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Because he committed a crime, and usually when a Canadian commits a crime they can't cross the border for x amount of time. I assume it's the same for Americans. Not to mention how it can be a distraction and set a bad example in the organization, and send the wrong message to players and fans if they don't do anything about it?

Not exactly rocket science here. I'm not saying "they should fire him" I'm wondering if they will.
Yeah if he’s convicted would need a TRP to get in and not the best look to give that to someone for coaching a baseball team. Really interested to see what they do here.

Reactions: stickty111

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Yeah if he’s convicted would need a TRP to get in and not the best look to give that to someone for coaching a baseball team. Really interested to see what they do here.
The counter argument is that he's a rich white man who committed the crime in Florida

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
For those that bring up DFA'ing Reese, he was 22nd in fWAR by C (and would be likely be the starter on BOS and NYY).

Even without his bat improving, his D plays.
Taking this one step further, McGuire was roughly equivalent to Stallings and is in a similar position.

Stallings got a 40+, a 40 and a 35+. For perspective, that would be top 10, top 20 and somewhere on the list in our system.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Ugh, those articles of the Jays being world series favourites are starting to look bad :(
At least if he can recover from this at a professional level on a personal one he'll learn something...I hope.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I expect we'll get a public apology from Pete, possibly a suspension, and a statement from the Jays by the end of the day.

I have to imagine the FO is livid. The Jays being a team that portrays a family friendly image is definitely important to them, they did a phenomenal job cutting bait after the Osuna incident. If Pete gets himself in any trouble again whatsoever, he's done.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Taking this one step further, McGuire was roughly equivalent to Stallings and is in a similar position.

Stallings got a 40+, a 40 and a 35+. For perspective, that would be top 10, top 20 and somewhere on the list in our system.

I think they would be able to trade him for something, for sure, but if the options were to DFA him or have Kirk as the backup catcher in AAA, I would DFA him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
I expect we'll get a public apology from Pete, possibly a suspension, and a statement from the Jays by the end of the day.

I have to imagine the FO is livid. The Jays being a team that portrays a family friendly image is definitely important to them, they did a phenomenal job cutting bait after the Osuna incident. If Pete gets himself in any trouble again whatsoever, he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad