• That new commercial with a kid singing completely off-key

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Insurance (please specify)

• Other - anything else

• Total voters

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't watch hardly any TV during the offseason. At least not anymore I don't.

So I'm unfamiliar with most of these commercials, although I'm sure I've probably heard a few of them and would know them if I saw them.

I'm familiar with those Burger King commercials and they're pretty annoying. Progressive has had the stupid Flo commercials for over 15 years now. My Pillow has had those commercials for quite a few years also.

For me, this is probably a better question for me to answer during hockey season, when I'm exposed to all the commercials. Especially when I do my goalie reviews, there's always an ad for every goal video that I have to watch and many times it's the same one or the one for ESPN+ with Messier. It gets rough watching literally 90-100 ads (and many times the same one) on those game heavy days like a Saturday, where there's been over 100 goals scored those days.

I will say that the Jardiance one is terrible. I remember @TheUnseenHand mentioning how brutal this commercial was a few months back.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I saw a commercial for Chipotle last night. One of those commercials that usually has a young woman preparing the food and only shows her, but features just audio from a creepy, old (at least he sounds old) man and some of them are really weird. This was one I hadn’t seen before, but I remember them last year being a constant ad before goal highlights on the NHL app for when I’d do my goal reviews.

“Fresh is what you stand for?!”

I can’t believe I forgot about all those when this thread was first made. I consider myself fortunate for that. But of course I saw another one and that triggered the thoughts or the ones I had to watch constantly all season long.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Obviously I don't watch any (outside of hockey streams) live American tv, so I'm not really exposed to this stuff enough to answer.

So I'll say anything which is pharmaceutical related. As a Brit, it is wild to me the amount of drug commercials that you guys are exposed to.

It's non-existent over here. Just not a thing at all.

Regarding British tv, it's betting ads. Deplorable and I hate it so, so much.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Pharma commercials. I watch freevee tv on Prime from time to time and get the HIV drug commercial all movie long. Before that it was SPAM recipe commercials back to back for months. If they really want to market it to me, they should market it as an apocalypse food item. I would get enough for 6 months with that commercial. A month before Covid hit I bought 250 pounds of rice and enough dried beans and spices to feed an army for 6 months because I was taking care of my 86 year old grandmother and saw videos of them welding apartment doors closed in China a month before they tried shutting flights to the US.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Obviously I don't watch any (outside of hockey streams) live American tv, so I'm not really exposed to this stuff enough to answer.

So I'll say anything which is pharmaceutical related. As a Brit, it is wild to me the amount of drug commercials that you guys are exposed to.

It's non-existent over here. Just not a thing at all.

Regarding British tv, it's betting ads. Deplorable and I hate it so, so much.

Those betting ads are more and more numerous here as well. Though they seem to be mostly confined to sports broadcasts, for now.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Those betting ads are more and more numerous here as well. Though they seem to be mostly confined to sports broadcasts, for now.

It's so predatory here.

Gambling is a big problem in this country. Betting shops on the corner of every high street in the cities. Even towns have numerous outlets now.

You walk past and they are just the most depressing looking places on the planet.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's so predatory here.

Gambling is a big problem in this country. Betting shops on the corner of every high street in the cities. Even towns have numerous outlets now.

You walk past and they are just the most depressing looking places on the planet.

I’d think British TV would be flooded with ads for corgis, blood pudding, and all the reject Rovers that are constantly shipped back to the factory.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Since it seems there are a few who are not familiar with the commercials (and just to torture y'all):

Lume:

Whopper:

Amazon:

Avelara:

Rover (which I referred to as the new commercial with a kid singing off-key:

My Pillow:

Progressive (Just one of many):

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad