Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season discussion: Two signings. Rinse, Repeat add 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last thread was waaaaaaay over 1k and some people were starting to question keeping it running when it was so unwieldy.

That's on me because I've largely checked out of discussion on here after the playoff fallout got so poisonous that I just couldn't sift through it. I'll try to be around more now when I can.

Previous thread:

tl;dr: Airplanes, sushi reservations, media backtracks, media infighting, snap decision radio show substitutions about nothing, and ultimately we're still where we were on Thursday.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Last thread was waaaaaaay over 1k and some people were starting to question keeping it running when it was so unwieldy.

That's on me because I've largely checked out of discussion on here after the playoff fallout got so poisonous that I just couldn't sift through it. I'll try to be around more now when I can.

Previous thread:

tl;dr: Airplanes, sushi reservations, media backtracks, media infighting, snap decision radio show substitutions about nothing, and ultimately we're still where we were on Thursday.
I'm glad Optimus Nemesis is back <3

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I'm trying so hard to be pessimistic about this so I won't be let down, but man oh man its getting harder and harder. Everything you see online in social media seems to point towards it actually happening.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Since this is the latest I'll repost it in the new thread

Then why haven’t the Dodgers pivoted to other players. I’m going off the belief that if the Dodgers knew they were out for, according to this guy, the last 24 hours, we’d see a flurry of activity from the Dodgers as a signal. Why would they wait until Ohtani “officially” signs somewhere else?

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020
Then why haven’t the Dodgers pivoted to other players. I’m going off the belief that if the Dodgers knew they were out for, according to this guy, the last 24 hours, we’d see a flurry of activity from the Dodgers as a signal. Why would they wait until Ohtani “officially” signs somewhere else?
Well, just last year Carlos Correa signed with both the Mets and Giants before returning to the Twins.

Also, the rest of the market could be waiting on it being official. It’s not like everyone in the business knows it’s a certainty yet.

Reactions: Discoverer

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm trying so hard to be pessimistic about this so I won't be let down, but man oh man its getting harder and harder. Everything you see online in social media seems to point towards it actually happening.

Up until 4:00 pm yesterday things were looking like it would happen.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

They may have or maybe not I dunno. My guess is though that the Dodgers pivot is the trade market and not the next best FA. I'm sure a reunion with Bellinger is where the Dodgers turn.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Even if the Dodgers knew they were out on Ohtani, they're not just going to instantly start signing guys. It's still a process to get a deal done, and the players would have an incentive to hold off on signing to see if other teams come calling once Ohtani is officially off the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino