Speculation: OEL trade megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Our studs are all 25 and under though.

Plus Podz/Hoglander

Wildcards with Juolevi, Rathbone, Woo,Tryamkin, Lind , Dipietro.

I think were fine with not having as much draft picks. Its time to insulate these young studs with legit talent around them.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in any of those players to potentially make any sizable impact on the franchise. Hopefully I'm wrong, but who knows. Hoglander may end up being a nothing player too, but right now him and Pod are our 2 most likely prospects to make an impact. I think we're still at least 2 seasons away from potentially being a cup "contender". So if we're getting rid of one of them, plus a 1st next year... what decent players are we going to have left on ELC's when we're actually competing? We'll need those guys to be important pieces if we plan on being competitive and still managing the cap. This years draft is a wash, next years, at this rate, will probably be a wash too.

Hughes/Pettersson are going to be heavily paid soon. Horvat/Boeser/Miller will need to be replaced/re-signed soon after. I think our mid-term cap situation is just as worrying as our current cap situation imo. I just don't have faith that Jim Benning, given his record, is going to manage our mid term cap efficiently while keeping us competitive. Look at the mess he's created already and that's without 7 years at 8.5 for a aging defensemen who's arguably on the decline.

Reactions: bukwas

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Arizona is just in such a tough spot.
If youre the owner yoy only have 2 options to be able to get out of a 57 mil contract.

Boston or Vancouver.

I dont think the return will be prime and that Arizona will take the best deal they can get even if it means its below market value because the 50 million in savings will just be too enticing for Arizona.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
based on Jim Benning's presser and other information leaks out there, this is what i would guess is the current Canuck offer that has been submitted

Olli Juolevi
1st rnd pick 2021
Loui Eriksson
Kole Lind

for

OEL

Zona clears 50 million from their salary commitments. They get a 1st rnd pick and A dman with potential but can also play right now. Lind is also a B/C level prospect
Lol, this is bad. I'll be equally as bad, just for the hell of it. Neither package would suffice btw.

Lias Andersson
1st round pick 2021 (top 10 protected)
Brendan Smith
Strome

For

OEL

sw0op1985

Sep 16, 2020
I don't have a whole lot of faith in any of those players to potentially make any sizable impact on the franchise. Hopefully I'm wrong, but who knows. Hoglander may end up being a nothing player too, but right now him and Pod are our 2 most likely prospects to make an impact. I think we're still at least 2 seasons away from potentially being a cup "contender". So if we're getting rid of one of them, plus a 1st next year... what decent players are we going to have left on ELC's when we're actually competing? We'll need those guys to be important pieces if we plan on being competitive and still managing the cap. This years draft is a wash, next years, at this rate, will probably be a wash too.

Hughes/Pettersson are going to be heavily paid soon. Horvat/Boeser/Miller will need to be replaced/re-signed soon after. I think our mid-term cap situation is just as worrying as our current cap situation imo. I just don't have faith that Jim Benning, given his record, is going to manage our mid term cap efficiently while keeping us competitive. Look at the mess he's created already and that's without 7 years at 8.5 for a aging defensemen who's arguably on the decline.

hey but you can agree that JT miller for a 1st was a good trade no?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Lol, this is bad. I'll be equally as bad, just for the hell of it. Neither package would suffice btw.

Lias Andersson
Brendan Smith
Strome

For

OEL
Rangers aren't on his list....

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
If that be the case freemd then it's clearly an underwhelming return for AZ .
They would have to be very high on Joulevi and I can see that being possible.
A pick a player and a prospect but louie isnt a player so I'd expect a useful player of positive value should also be going to AZ at least.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Rangers aren't on his list....
I was just f***ing around like i said.

And I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to join Zibanejad and some fellow swedes in New York. Great city and a potentially great team with all the young players insulated by him, Zibanejad and Panarin.

But i don't see the Rangers making moves for him. He's a better fit in Vancouver.

Reactions: BCNate

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
based on Jim Benning's presser and other information leaks out there, this is what i would guess is the current Canuck offer that has been submitted

Olli Juolevi
1st rnd pick 2021
Loui Eriksson
Kole Lind

for

OEL

Zona clears 50 million from their salary commitments. They get a 1st rnd pick and A dman with potential but can also play right now. Lind is also a B/C level prospect
I can't see this getting it done, at the very least Lind would be upgraded to Rathbone or a 2nd.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
It’s horrendous value, but it’s what I’m half expecting at this point, honestly. It SHOULD be Hoglander instead of Lind to make it fair. But life isn’t fair. Lol.

I think that the deal gets dragged out then (but what do I know, you have guys like Friedman saying that OEL has probably played his last game as a Coyote)

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Is AZ going into a rebuild or what?
Like obviously they want futures for OEL...
They want Van’s good young prospects.

I’m pursuing a bigger trade, with anything/everything on the table.

Boeser - young forward close to career PPG and could pot 35 in the right environment. This guy sells jerseys (good looking kid, can be face of franchise)
Juolevi - young Dman, high draft pick, better performance (when healthy) than most seem to recognize
Eriksson - zero to give offensively, but slightly above average defensively, hilariously overpaid
1st 2021 or Podkolzin - you want our young Russian pitbull, you’re gonna pay for it

for

OEL - A veteran defender who instantly rewinds the clock and gives us prime Edler for another 5 years (possibly even better, as he’s more gifted offensively)
Garland - small skilled forward who put up 22 goals in a shortened season. His QMJHL numbers were insane back in the day.
Kuemper - 1B for Demko, and a good one.
V Söderström - sneaking under the radar for AZ, but I see you Soda-stream. He is a fantastic all-around D prospect. Ready to play next year, and his style would fit perfectly with Quinn Hughes eventually as well.

I think AZ probably needs an NHL defender going back, maybe Stecher finds his way in there too.

Am I overrating Soderstrom, or is he the right shot defender of Benning’s dreams? Or is he so good that he’s “untouchable” for AZ? It was Chayka that wanted him so bad after all.
I see a more talented offensive version of Chris Tanev.
Q. Hughes gets his longterm D partner.

I just don’t think OEL is the perfect target for Van (although it’s obvious it was his list that lead Benning here), but in this package he slots nicely into the second pairing, we get our young right-shot D, some added scoring, and a goalie.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Moj on tsn1040 (Close friends with OEL's Agent).
He hyped his segment up.
There's a growing sense of frustration from OEL's camp on how Arizona is handling the situation. They feel way too much time is being spent trying to expand the trade-list.

Really Interesting stuff, Looks like OEL is pissed, apparently they have been working on this for 3 weeks already.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
In a perfect world we add OEL for Erickson + for D and maybe Grabner for 4th line depth.

Ferland LTIR

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Let's check about the consensus.

It will almost certainly cost a 1st round pick in 2021 from Vancouver.
It will also certainly have a Cap dump attached to the trade.
These are pretty obvious.

Everything else is what's curious overall, How in the world will they get this to work, I have been thinking so much about it recently, and still can't figure a way this makes sense.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Is AZ going into a rebuild or what?
Like obviously they want futures for OEL...
They want Van’s good young prospects.

I’m pursuing a bigger trade, with anything/everything on the table.

Boeser - young forward close to career PPG and could pot 35 in the right environment. This guy sells jerseys (good looking kid, can be face of franchise)
Juolevi - young Dman, high draft pick, better performance (when healthy) than most seem to recognize
Eriksson - zero to give offensively, but slightly above average defensively, hilariously overpaid
1st 2021 or Podkolzin - you want our young Russian pitbull, you’re gonna pay for it

for

OEL - A veteran defender who instantly rewinds the clock and gives us prime Edler for another 5 years (possibly even better, as he’s more gifted offensively)
Garland - small skilled forward who put up 22 goals in a shortened season. His QMJHL numbers were insane back in the day.
Kuemper - 1B for Demko, and a good one.
V Söderström - sneaking under the radar for AZ, but I see you Soda-stream. He is a fantastic all-around D prospect. Ready to play next year, and his style would fit perfectly with Quinn Hughes eventually as well.

I think AZ probably needs an NHL defender going back, maybe Stecher finds his way in there too.

Am I overrating Soderstrom, or is he the right shot defender of Benning’s dreams? Or is he so good that he’s “untouchable” for AZ? It was Chayka that wanted him so bad after all.
I see a more talented offensive version of Chris Tanev.
Q. Hughes gets his longterm D partner.

I just don’t think OEL is the perfect target for Van (although it’s obvious it was his list that lead Benning here), but in this package he slots nicely into the second pairing, we get our young right-shot D, some added scoring, and a goalie.
THAT is absolutely horrendous for the Coyotes. Zero chance they would do that big of a deal and still have NO Center.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Going into a rebuild, so the obvious move is to give away Garland and Soderstrom along with our top defenseman.

I will say though, th at I wouldn't be surprised to see Armstrong flip some prospects that he doesn't particularly love for guys he does. I'm not sure how Soderstrom and Garland fit that bill in anyway, but perhaps some other guys.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Moj on tsn1040 (Close friends with OEL's Agent).
He hyped his segment up.

Really Interesting stuff, Looks like OEL is pissed, apparently they have been working on this for 3 weeks already.

Considering Armstrong has been on the job since September 17th, what did he expect?

Reactions: bukwas

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

Lias Andersson
Brendan Smith
Strome

For

OEL

again, yes its not market value for someone like OEL

BUT

consider the owners POV in which the trade i propsed saves him 50 million bucks.

also consider that there isnt a bidding war going on, its litterally van and boston. and theres been reports that van is the only one that has shown a real eagerness between the 2.

leverage isnt on arizona's side.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I can't see this getting it done, at the very least Lind would be upgraded to Rathbone or a 2nd.

dont think juolevi and rahtbone will both be included. 1 but not both.

Canucks leftside needs help, and yes OEL would help that but Edler is only signed for 1 more year. I think they are banking on 1 of Juolevi and Rathbone to be the 3rd LD and then 2nd LD spot when Edler retires or moves on next year.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Going into a rebuild, so the obvious move is to give away Garland and Soderstrom along with our top defenseman.

I will say though, th at I wouldn't be surprised to see Armstrong flip some prospects that he doesn't particularly love for guys he does. I'm not sure how Soderstrom and Garland fit that bill in anyway, but perhaps some other guys.

Boeser, Juolevi, and Podkolzin are old?
Garland is 24 himself btw, Boeser is way better today and going forward. He’s the best player in this deal (including OEL) and Podkolzin could easily end up a better Nhler in his role than Soderstrom. Soda just fits our team need as good as any prospect so we’re willing to take that risk.

We can probably do without Kuemper, I just figured AZ wanted that money moved.

Vancouver doesn’t have a centre to trade unless you value Sutter for some reason. Feel free to fit Gaudette in there if you like.

If you think this is that lopsided for Vancouver, then you’re definitely underrating our prospects.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
70% sure the cap dump will be Sutter, I just can’t see it being Eriksson. Sutter will have value at the trade deadline this year; to dump Eriksson alone costs a first rounder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad