Speculation: OEL trade megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Sounds like any deal between Arz and Vancouver will not include Hoglander or Podkolzin.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Either Benning is trying to prop up Hoglander as part of the OEL trade OR Canucks are super high on him.

Peronsally, im super high on Hoglander. He's been playing in the SHL full time since he was 16 for the last 3 years. He can make the Canucks this season. I see him as a Victor Arvidsson clone with a home run potential of a Brad Marchand type.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Yeah seems like he's trying to sell him.

I really don't want to lose him with likely a 1st/2nd for a crippling contract like OEL. We have 2 half decent prospects left and we don't pick until the 3rd round this year. Let's not drain the system now and next year for 7 years of OEL.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Either Benning is trying to prop up Hoglander as part of the OEL trade OR Canucks are super high on him.

Peronsally, im super high on Hoglander. He's been playing in the SHL full time since he was 16 for the last 3 years. He can make the Canucks this season. I see him as a Victor Arvidsson clone with a home run potential of a Brad Marchand type.

He also mentioned Tyler Madden a lot before he dealt him for a guy who played 15 games as a Canuck. Wouldn’t pay much attention to this

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

I really don't want to lose him with likely a 1st/2nd for a crippling contract like OEL. We have 2 half decent prospects left and we don't pick until the 3rd round this year. Let's not drain the system now and next year for 7 years of OEL.

Our studs are all 25 and under though.

Plus Podz/Hoglander

Wildcards with Juolevi, Rathbone, Woo,Tryamkin, Lind , Dipietro.

I think were fine with not having as much draft picks. Its time to insulate these young studs with legit talent around them.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

Is OEL at 35 really that crippling though? He has a very good buyout contract at the end. Even if it comes to that you are better dealing with OEL in 7 years time if you can get out from LE right now. You'd be getting a really good defenseman as a trade off for a number of years.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Is OEL at 35 really that crippling though? He has a very good buyout contract at the end. Even if it comes to that you are better dealing with OEL in 7 years time if you can get out from LE right now. You'd be getting a really good defenseman as a trade off for a number of years.

I dont even know how anyone can without a doubt say thats going to be cripling when we dont even know what the cap will be in 6 years.

The league is expanding, ESPN seems to be wanting to jump back on board in television, the cap will probably be around 90 million in 5 years.

I think the OEL contract is highly over- exaguraed by panic petes

Worst case scenario is you spend an asset to get rid of him in the future.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Our studs are all 25 and under though.

Plus Podz/Hoglander

Wildcards with Juolevi, Rathbone, Woo,Tryamkin, Lind , Dipietro.

I think were fine with not having as much draft picks. Its time to insulate these young studs with legit talent around them.

You know how I know you haven't been a Canucks fan with any seriousness since probably about 2015? You remember nothing of Gillis's most prominent mistake: never acquiring a proper top 6 forward to play with Kesler and Samuelsson. That was what eventually ended Vancouver. This, with a prospect pool that was barren and a drafting wasteland led to no help from inside the organization. And eventually the Canucks rather sudden downfall circa 2014.

Y0u would have Vancouver make the same mistake again?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I dont even know how anyone can without a doubt say thats going to be cripling when we dont even know what the cap will be in 6 years.

The league is expanding, ESPN seems to be wanting to jump back on board in television, the cap will probably be around 90 million in 5 years.

I think the OEL contract is highly over- exaguraed by panic petes

Worst case scenario is you spend an asset to get rid of him in the future.
Right now we have LE and Loungo taking up 9 million in dead weight. If you can push 6 of that to the distant future, why wouldn't you? I cannot fathom how people don't see that adding a top pair 23-25 minute all situation D on a buyout friendly deal helps us. An opportunity like this NEVER comes up.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
You know how I know you haven't been a Canucks fan with any seriousness since probably about 2015? You remember nothing of Gillis's most prominent mistake: never acquiring a proper top 6 forward to play with Kesler and Samuelsson. That was what eventually ended Vancouver. This, with a prospect pool that was barren and a drafting wasteland led to no help from inside the organization. And eventually the Canucks rather sudden downfall circa 2014.

Y0u would have Vancouver make the same mistake again?

I'm not really sure what youre arguing or trying to say.

What im saying is the Canucks have a young core in a lot of the important positions.

I think now or in the next year or 2, they need to be getting proven players to support the young core.

Which is why im ok trading away draft picks and magic beans in return for , more cap space , or proven players to help the young studs.

for example,

id be okay with moving 2021 1st round pick for OEL.

Reactions: NextGoalIsHuge

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
based on Jim Benning's presser and other information leaks out there, this is what i would guess is the current Canuck offer that has been submitted

Olli Juolevi
1st rnd pick 2021
Loui Eriksson
Kole Lind

for

OEL

Zona clears 50 million from their salary commitments. They get a 1st rnd pick and A dman with potential but can also play right now. Lind is also a B/C level prospect

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
based on Jim Benning's presser and other information leaks out there, this is what i would guess is the current Canuck offer that has been submitted

Olli Juolevi
1st rnd pick 2021
Loui Eriksson
Kole Lind

for

OEL

Zona clears 50 million from their salary commitments. They get a 1st rnd pick and A dman with potential but can also play right now. Lind is also a B/C level prospect

That would be a disaster for Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad