Speculation: OEL Mega Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Armstrong gives an update at 9:30 in. Nothing super substantial, just that they are waiting on the two teams and to see what happens, then they'll discuss things again. To me, that is the "What will it take to make you happy?" call, which means firing Tocchet.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I wasn't really talking about the quality (or lack thereof) of the proposals

I just meant quoting his own posts and only his own posts from the other thread and them unattributed as "some of the key proposals from the last thread".

It's either unironically cringey or its intentionally amusing, and I don't know which was his intent.

From what I know of the poster, I'd go with the latter

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Regardless of how this goes, I feel like I've grown closer with Arizona fans through this shared journey.
I personally haven't hated the Canucks this much since the postseason dive fests vs Chicago and Boston! ;)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
even if this had nothing to do with Vancouver, and his ntc was another team in the West and team B was Boston, as a fan I am actually hoping he stays in Arizona.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You can have his rights for a 5th round pick. It'd be odd to have him included in a major deal, but sure

I wasn't asking for it to be included but rather was wondering if the farewell was a precursor to a trade of his rights. Probably not, but this OEL talk has really died down to the blink.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Nothing of substance to add other than Armstrong reminds me of this guy:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think it's died down because it's down to the wire. I don't think Armstrong is going to swallow a bad deal for his captain, top pair defenseman, and biggest trade chip in his first deal just to get something done. Either Benning comes up, or he keeps OEL. I doubt he moves much.

Benning on the otherhand has plenty of problems to fix, and only one option exists that gets rid of a bad contract, potentially gives him more cap room to play with, AND adds a top defenseman in one simple move. He's hooked. He might not even know it. He's just looking at it from all angles as he talks himself into it. It doesn't mean a deal ultimately gets done, but he's absolutely all in on making the numbers work. Plan B is way less attractive to him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A GM would say that trying to ploy any leverage they have to claim there was still two teams wanting him when reality its just Vancouver. Negotiations via public.

You're quite literally making shit up. It has never been down to just Vancouver. Vancouver is closer and more likely for a variety of reasons, but it's never been reported that Boston is completely out.

Reactions: Coach Parker

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think it's died down because it's down to the wire. I don't think Armstrong is going to swallow a bad deal for his captain, top pair defenseman, and biggest trade chip in his first deal just to get something done. Either Benning comes up, or he keeps OEL. I doubt he moves much.

Benning on the otherhand has plenty of problems to fix, and only one option exists that gets rid of a bad contract, potentially gives him more cap room to play with, AND adds a top defenseman in one simple move. He's hooked. He might not even know it. He's just looking at it from all angles as he talks himself into it. It doesn't mean a deal ultimately gets done, but he's absolutely all in on making the numbers work. Plan B is way less attractive to him.
Lol! Well that’s certainly one side of the argument.
I’ve said from the beginning that Armstrong is in a bind here as I think they’ve passed the point of no return. I know Arizona fans don’t agree but I’ve seen this movie too many times with other key players and a franchise.
I don’t blame Armstrong for stretching it out and for trying to get a higher offer but in the end I think he accepts what’s on the table and tries to get on with the tough job he’s inherited.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I’ve said from the beginning that Armstrong is in a bind here as I think they’ve passed the point of no return. I don’t blame him for trying to get a higher offer but in the end I think he accepts what’s on the table and tries to get on with the tough job he’s inherited.

Keeping your 1D and firing the coach isn't a tough job. It's very easy. Desirable, even. If the Coyotes had a normal amount of picks in these two drafts, probably what happens.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I'd rather Coyotes retained than give them bad contracts. It just pushes the problem back a few years.

Keeping your 1D and firing the coach isn't a tough job. It's very easy. Desirable, even. If the Coyotes had a normal amount of picks in these two drafts, probably what happens.

OEL isn't a 1D anymore

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
You're quite literally making shit up. It has never been down to just Vancouver. Vancouver is closer and more likely for a variety of reasons, but it's never been reported that Boston is completely out.
yes it has

A GM never says publicly that its down to 1 team when privately it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad