Speculation: October Waiver Candidates

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Cody Franson if one of the Sabres young guns on D really take that step this year and possibly Matt Moulson if he looks worst this season then last.

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. Our 7th defensemen right now is Justin Falk. No depth. While it is possible one of the teenagers jumps into the 6, I feel it is highly unlikely.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mark McNeill is a big one that sticks out at me, a ton of Blackhawks fans and media hyped this guy when he was drafted.

I remember those days

Was supposed to be the answer for #2C spot longterm behind Toews

Has done nothing of note since draft and at this point his future in Chicago seems pretty bleak

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Why would you wave one of the best swimmer in the world? :sarcasm:

3zb5d.jpg

whlscowt

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. Our 7th defensemen right now is Justin Falk. No depth. While it is possible one of the teenagers jumps into the 6, I feel it is highly unlikely.

What about Casey Nelson?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I was pissed that Buffalo didn't grab Frankie Corrado off waivers - poor guy has had his development screwed by the Leafs. He'll have to pass waivers again this year?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Scott Mayfield of the Isles is one, good chance he would be claimed, obviously Berube as well if we can't move Halak.
Who's going to be in net for the isles if they move halak? they have that much faith in greiss?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I was pissed that Buffalo didn't grab Frankie Corrado off waivers - poor guy has had his development screwed by the Leafs. He'll have to pass waivers again this year?

lol What??? The leafs have had him for one season

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Who's going to be in net for the isles if they move halak? they have that much faith in greiss?

don't quote me, but i believe that Halak was not happy with the 3 man rotation. nobody would, really, but hockey is a team sport. suck it up, play hard, let the coach coach. i think that words were said, and the Isles management said that they would trade him if he wasn't happy.

i think that the Isles said something about Halak's injury, maybe waiting to see how he plays in the World Cup this fall.

i thought Greiss played very well, but i don't think it's smart to trade Halak, unless another seasoned vet like Ramo or Enroth can be signed.

Snow is traditionally tight lipped, so lots of speculation...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad