GDT: Oct. 18th: Sabres @ Flames [TV: SN Flames]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Code:
We need a win badly, that much is for sure.

My hope for this game is that we see Gaudreau, Gio and Brodie play up to their abilities, which I don't think we have seen yet.[/QUOTE

The Flames just need something good to happen and it will. Plus Johnny needs to stop whining and *****ing and get back to doing what he does best.

Honestly the way he was called (or not called) against Edmonton, I don't really blame him. It was getting ridiculous.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sabres fan here. I'm praying your coaching stuff hasn't figured out Johnson is better than Elliott yet, and we get Brian.

Chad Johnson was a genius pickup by Flames.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 50s50 seconds ago Calgary, Alberta
Chad Johnson indicates he starts in net for #Flames vs #Sabres Tuesday.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Might seem weird but i am slowly starting to gain faith in Gully, he seems to actually know where our players should play in terms of lines.. Although Monny and Gaudreau look lost out there due to them not understanding the system at all. Gio starting playing better last game and overall our defence was much tighter. Heres to hoping we can squeeze a bi out of our first line and maybe get some pressure and solid play from our other lines. For once in a long time i actually like our top 9 other than our top line RW, but It could be far worse.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Hot stuff Gully! Fun fact, me and the coach have the same hair style.

I agree, These lines, especially defensive pairings are exactly what they should be based on the first 3 games. Wideman and Grossman both deserve to be eating popcorn right now. Kulak just keeps looking better, nice promotion.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Might seem weird but i am slowly starting to gain faith in Gully, he seems to actually know where our players should play in terms of lines.. Although Monny and Gaudreau look lost out there due to them not understanding the system at all. Gio starting playing better last game and overall our defence was much tighter. Heres to hoping we can squeeze a bi out of our first line and maybe get some pressure and solid play from our other lines. For once in a long time i actually like our top 9 other than our top line RW, but It could be far worse.

Hmm... when you put it this way... I am almost curious if this was a weird Gully styled continuation of the "earned not given" mantra which has moved silently to the corner. I mean really, the top 3 lines are pretty darn close in terms of interchangeability, with an obvious edge to Johnny and Monny's line.

The first game's D pairings were what they were in terms of confusion, laugh ability and concern. Yet in the end, all the players shook out to where we expected them to be on D. The kids had to wait out the vets, but Grossman and Wideman can only say they lost their roles to the kids until they show they can earn their spot back.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Hmm... when you put it this way... I am almost curious if this was a weird Gully styled continuation of the "earned not given" mantra which has moved silently to the corner. I mean really, the top 3 lines are pretty darn close in terms of interchangeability, with an obvious edge to Johnny and Monny's line.

The first game's D pairings were what they were in terms of confusion, laugh ability and concern. Yet in the end, all the players shook out to where we expected them to be on D. The kids had to wait out the vets, but Grossman and Wideman can only say they lost their roles to the kids until they show they can earn their spot back.

Thats it, and as we have seen for the first time in a long time we may actually be able to run three solid lines, One thing that stuck out before the season though was how much Gully emphasized about defending and attacking fast and honestly other than maybe Backs and Frolik we are not seeing this.

He was preeching this early on, he wants an up tempto team who defends and attacks fast, i get we have seen the few break aways but the rushes are for the most parts not three attackers attacking two defenders. Our defenders arent clearing the puck that quickly niether. Johnny and Monny look absolutly lost and out of place. Hopefully soon we can get all the guys to understand this system so we can fully judge our coaches capabilities. As for right now all i can say is that he seems to adapts his lines well after viewing performances and actually sees the potential of putting certain players with certain players ie Brouwer with Bennett, Ferland with Backs and Frolik and so on.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Apparently Derek Grant is their third line C... Good thing we kept Bollig, Hamilton and others over him :(

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I think we win this game. I mean we're facing a team that has two of their top six forwards missing.

One thing I would like to see is Bennett and Gaudreau playing together if that top line doesn't get going. I do like our D pairings headed into the game.

Overall, I like our chances.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Buffalo actually played really well against Edmonton given their injuries, Flames have to be significantly better than they have if we are to win tonight. But I have little to no doubt we will look better.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hopefully some practice time has helped. Really need Johnny and Mony to get going, cannot lose this one.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Call me crazy, but I'm optimistic about this game. The extra day off to practice should have really helped. Hopefully.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
possible sabres lines per daily faceoff

Sam Reinhart - Ryan O'Reilly - Kyle Okposo
Matt Moulson - Zemgus Girgensons - Hudson Fasching
Tyler Ennis - Derek Grant - Nicolas Deslauriers
Marcus Foligno - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe - Zach Bogosian
Dmitry Kulikov - Cody Franson

Robin Lehner - Anders Nilsson

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Apparently Derek Grant is their third line C... Good thing we kept Bollig, Hamilton and others over him :(

Nah, he centers the 4th line.

Gaudreau and Monahan will see a heavy dose of Foligno-Larsson-Gionta or the ROR line. McDavid drew both of those lines and the Risto-Gorges pairing nearly exclusively.

The Girgensons and Grant lines play pretty evenly at even strength. What may happen during the course of the game is that you'll see Ennis swap in for Fasching and then the Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis line becomes the 3rd line while the Grant line gets scant minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad