Observations XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
He's not just allowed a couple of shaky goals, about 80% of all the goals allowed this series have been near identical. The Ducks have learned his weakness and are picking him apart. Pekka is playing small now for some reason and has fallen of the wagon and back to December form.

Yes he was good in rounds 1 and 2, but he's been terrible this round.

He has not been terrible in this round, no way. He was bad in game 2- I will agree with that. But terrible in the other 3 games???

Game 1- .931
Game 2- .950
Game 4- .919 (.945 without the complete fluke winning goal)

6 total goals allowed in 11 periods/ .931 overall save percentage

You call that terrible for the whole series?

And I will repeat what I said earlier about game 4- those were not great goals he gave up, but he was very good in that game- made a ton of great saves to keep the game at 2-0 and gave us a chance to win. And the winning goal had nothing to do with him.

We have basically allowed 9 total goals in 4+ games. I will take that every time in a playoff series.

Rinne definitely has not been as good as the first two rounds- but its kind of hard to do that when you put up some of the best goaltending numbers in NHL history..

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As the official Superstitious Old S*** of the boards I call on all who believe in MOJO to do any and all things that have produced favorable results in difficult situations in the past..

Yes Adzy, that means you have to find a spider...

Yes 101, I know you are stuck in the sandbox where alcohol can result in beheading, but you need to find something to Tilt, Pour, Consume, and Repeat.

I don't know if Rassega still reads these boards but years ago he gave me a 160th SOAR hat that I only wear on the most desperate of game days... and it's perched atop my cranium as we speak... washed out and had coffee from the lucky game day mug... and even though it's above 80 degree come gametime I will have on my authentic 1998 jersey...

Put it all out there fellow FANATICS..... it's only weird if it doesn't work...

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
as the official superstitious old s*** of the boards i call on all who believe in mojo to do any and all things that have produced favorable results in difficult situations in the past..

Yes adzy, that means you have to find a spider...

Yes 101, i know you are stuck in the sandbox where alcohol can result in beheading, but you need to find something to tilt, pour, consume, and repeat.

I don't know if rassega still reads these boards but years ago he gave me a 160th soar hat that i only wear on the most desperate of game days... And it's perched atop my cranium as we speak... Washed out and had coffee from the lucky game day mug... And even though it's above 80 degree come gametime i will have on my authentic 1998 jersey...

Put it all out there fellow fanatics..... It's only weird if it doesn't work...

this!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Don't get down on yourselves Preds fans.

The series is still 2-2. Nashville has the best D in the league and a top goalie.

The Preds have had playoff success in the past with far less firepower up front.

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
Just hoping for a miracle. I think we can still win this series but the team as a whole will need to be firing on all cylinders. Everyone needs to show up and everyone need to cover their nut.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Feels like the old days. Us against the world. No one giving us a chance.

If we can steal a game tonight like Anaheim stole game 2, I think the atmosphere in Bridgestone may be enough to drag our hockey club across the finish line.

Whatever happens, the boys have made us proud. I've never been more proud of my city. I think we opened a lot of eyes and a lot of hearts around not just Nashville but the entire hockey world.

If we are going down, we might as well leave some marks.

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
Feels like the old days. Us against the world. No one giving us a chance.

If we can steal a game tonight like Anaheim stole game 2, I think the atmosphere in Bridgestone may be enough to drag our hockey club across the finish line.

I agree with all that. We still have plenty of scoring power and D left. If Rinne plays like he can we will be fine. Def not downplaying the seriousness of this but we do have depth here.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
While I still think the injuries will doom us, to be fair we're obviously extremely reliant on our D for offensive production and that bodes well for us if/when we lose top forwards.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Just wanted to point out that we got through there St Louis series without much help from the top line until Game 6. I'm not expecting anything at all, but a surprise tonight would be great for my mood.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It's interesting to me that it seems like the outside hockey world/experts are giving us more of a chance than even us Preds fans.

In the Vegas odds we are less of an underdog tonight than the Ducks were going into game 4

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I just think we are getting hyped because the rest of the world doesn't understand yet just how mismatched we are without Fishers grit and RyJos creativity.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
This could rival our first few teams for worst centers 1-4 to play a game for us.

I'd be willing to wager this will be the worst 1-4 of any center combo in Preds playoff history.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I just think we are getting hyped because the rest of the world doesn't understand yet just how mismatched we are without Fishers grit and RyJos creativity.

But I'm not just taking about fans- Vegas certainly knows the circumstances

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Anything can happen. We made it this far. Just win tonight boys and let the crowd carry you to victory Monday. Whatever is left in the tank has to come out tonight.

Don't give them an inch without making them pay for it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Anything can happen. We made it this far. Just win tonight boys and let the crowd carry you to victory Monday. Whatever is left in the tank has to come out tonight.

Don't give them an inch without making them pay for it.

My biggest hope is that the Ducks assume they have this thing locked up and get overconfident. That and hoping they used up all their desperation energy and are flat and fatigued tonight

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ive been insulating myself from the other threads and I totally missed it that Getzlaf got fined 10K for calling the ref a word that would be grammatically correct if you vacuumed a rooster

A shame the Preds brass probably wouldn't tolerate ten fans spelling out the word in block letters during warmups for game 6... but maybe signs with a rooster and a lollipop would do the trick...

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
Ive been insulating myself from the other threads and I totally missed it that Getzlaf got fined 10K for calling the ref a word that would be grammatically correct if you vacuumed a rooster

A shame the Preds brass probably wouldn't tolerate ten fans spelling out the word in block letters during warmups for game 6... but maybe signs with a rooster and a lollipop would do the trick...

Pisses me off that he only got a fine ... the league suspended Shaw for the same offense ... different terminology ... but same offense.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
As the official Superstitious Old S*** of the boards I call on all who believe in MOJO to do any and all things that have produced favorable results in difficult situations in the past..

Yes Adzy, that means you have to find a spider...

Yes 101, I know you are stuck in the sandbox where alcohol can result in beheading, but you need to find something to Tilt, Pour, Consume, and Repeat.

I don't know if Rassega still reads these boards but years ago he gave me a 160th SOAR hat that I only wear on the most desperate of game days... and it's perched atop my cranium as we speak... washed out and had coffee from the lucky game day mug... and even though it's above 80 degree come gametime I will have on my authentic 1998 jersey...

Put it all out there fellow FANATICS..... it's only weird if it doesn't work...

The Law of Attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad