Observations XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
This is brutal.

Slide Jarnkrok up. If Fisher can play, reunite the second line. Put sissons as third line center. Fiddler on the fourth. This is okay, but it is reliant on Forsberg/Arvidsson playing well. We could really use Smith back in this lineup.

If Fisher is out, you have to put Kamenev in this lineup.

------

Oh, and if Rinne keeps giving up 1-2 soft goals in every playoff game in this round, we are out anyways. We are tied in spite of him thus far. He has to be good Rinne going forward.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I dont want to speculate, but unless he pulls a Crosby we aren't seeing him for a while.

I would slide Kamenev into Johansen role at ES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I dont want to speculate, but unless he pulls a Crosby we aren't seeing him for a while.

I have no medical proficiency and am basically a hypochondriac so I don't know much, but I'd assume that if he's able to have a surgery to alleviate the emergency and half the offseason to recover, I trust that type of recovery process more than that of a brain injury.

Could always be wrong though.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I want to ice a line of Cody Bass, McLeod with Watson at center.

If we can't win, let's just beat the **** out of them and make sure they can't win it all.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
With a couple of hours to let the shock pass.... the truth is, we CAN still win this series, and if we luck into the Sens in the finals, the Cup itself. But, we need this team to suddenly revert to Barry Trotz hockey.... Defense is first, second and third priority... protect our shaky goalie at all costs... plan on scoring on a turnover, bad change, blue line bomb, or power play, and hope to win 2-1 or 1-0.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
exactly right andy.. it's hockey anything can happen any single game or series..we can still win this series. to do it we almost surely have to turn it into a low event, defensive struggle type game. a game where we rely on counterattacks or breakaways out of our zone. and we absolutely must have rinne dead on.

any team that has Forsberg and neal always has a chance to score enough to win. I actually worry more defensively without johansen and our small or mismatched centermen being overpowered by getzlaf or Kessler and losing key faceoffs than anything.

well. it all depends on the heart in the room now. will this horrible news deflate them or inspire them to seemingly impossible things? will be interesting to see which now.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Should we do what the Penguins did w/ their goalie which gave them success tonight and switch goalies by giving Peks a rest and have Saros play the next game instead. Peks seems to have been shaky and letting in some bad far away goals lately or do we just ride him for the rest of the series and hope for the best. Peks and the guys in front of him needs to play better if we want to get a win.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Should we do what the Penguins did w/ their goalie which gave them success and give Peks a rest and have Saros play the next game instead. Peks seems to have been shaky and letting in some bad goals lately or do we just ride him for the rest of the series and hope for the best. Peks needs to play better if we want to get a win.

holy Christ Im sorry if I sound flabbergasted but I keep reading things like this and just can't believe my eyes.... Pittsburgh has the luxury of subbing a Cup winning goalie for... another Cup winning goalie.. Jusse Saros didn't even look that frigging good as the season wore on, and he hasn't played in 6 weeks, and he has NEVER played in the playoffs, and you want to put him in net NOW????

Sorry folks, we live or die with Pekka Rinne. Anything else at this juncture is madness.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
holy Christ Im sorry if I sound flabbergasted but I keep reading things like this and just can't believe my eyes.... Pittsburgh has the luxury of subbing a Cup winning goalie for... another Cup winning goalie.. Jusse Saros didn't even look that frigging good as the season wore on, and he hasn't played in 6 weeks, and he has NEVER played in the playoffs, and you want to put him in net NOW????

Sorry folks, we live or die with Pekka Rinne. Anything else at this juncture is madness.

Was just seeing what you guys thought. Didn't know if a rested Saros would be better than a worn out Peks. Got to hope he has his best game tomorrow.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Speaking of Pittsburgh... Didn't the Preds beat them earlier this year with what was basically an AHL squad? If we could win that game, we can win game 5.

Sometimes I think we play better w/ an AHL squad for short periods of time as it's usually our younger guys who have more energy, skate faster, and seem to grind harder. Plus I'm fine w/ infusing some rested/fresher legs in the line up that can probably add some energy and speed to our game.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was just seeing what you guys thought. Didn't know if a rested Saros would be better than a worn out Peks. Got to hope he has his best game tomorrow.

Rested is having not played in a week.

Not playing in 6 weeks = Rusty.

I understand the frustration with the manner of the goals given up... but he still only gave up TWO in regulation... a team that only gives up 2 goals should win >50% of the time.

That said, a two goal performance tomorrow might not be good enough... but I would still say a one goal or less performance is far more likely to come from Rinne than Saros.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Rested is having not played in a week.

Not playing in 6 weeks = Rusty.

I understand the frustration with the manner of the goals given up... but he still only gave up TWO in regulation... a team that only gives up 2 goals should win >50% of the time.

That said, a two goal performance tomorrow might not be good enough... but I would still say a one goal or less performance is far more likely to come from Rinne than Saros.

Oh okay. Thanks for your opinion. Did the Penguins back up goalie that play today play any other games in the playoffs or was this his first playoff game this year?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

EXACTLY

The fact that people are actually dogging Rinne on here is completely mind-blowing.

Yes, he has given up a couple of shaky goals in this series- no argument there. But he still has by far the best numbers of any goalie in the entire playoffs.

And while the 2 he gave up last night were not great goals by any stretch, did any of you guys who are dogging him pay attention to the numerous unbelievable saves he made to keep the game at 2-0?? Which gave us the ability to tie the game???? His save percentage last night was only .945, for crying out loud.

All I can say is I am glad some of you guys on here aren't our Coach or GM. We would never have even made the playoffs...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Well if by awhile you mean next October, then yes that is correct...

EDIT- sorry I think I misread you there- you are talking about Fisher, my bad

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
EXACTLY

The fact that people are actually dogging Rinne on here is completely mind-blowing.

Yes, he has given up a couple of shaky goals in this series- no argument there. But he still has by far the best numbers of any goalie in the entire playoffs.

And while the 2 he gave up last night were not great goals by any stretch, did any of you guys who are dogging him pay attention to the numerous unbelievable saves he made to keep the game at 2-0?? Which gave us the ability to tie the game???? His save percentage last night was only .945, for crying out loud.

All I can say is I am glad some of you guys on here aren't our Coach or GM. We would never have even made the playoffs...

Nobody is dogging Rinne just seeing if having another player for one game would help give Rinne some rest and better help us down the stretch in this series. Even in the regular season, Rinne needed breaks and playing Saros more helped Rinne to get the needed rest and play his best hockey and be sharp down the stretch. Can't be easy playing as much as Rinne has played in this playoff and fatigue not to set in. Sometimes adding fresher players helps a team and gives the other players time to rest to play sharper and better when they are back in the lineup.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Nobody is dogging Rinne just seeing if having another player for one game would help give Rinne some rest and better help us down the stretch in this series. Even in the regular season, Rinne needed breaks and playing Saros more helped Rinne to get the needed rest and play his best hockey and be sharp down the stretch. Can't be easy playing as much as Rinne has played in this playoff and fatigue not to set in. Sometimes adding fresher players helps a team and gives the other players time to rest to play sharper and better when they are back in the lineup.

Calling him shaky and "worn out" when he has been the best goaltender in the entire playoffs sounds like dogging to me.

And why exactly is he "worn out"? He should not be any more worn out than any other playoff goaltender. Even with the two goals allowed, he was very good last night, and again, without several unbelievable saves when the game was 2-0, that game would have been blowout regulation win for Anaheim.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Calling him shaky and "worn out" when he has been the best goaltender in the entire playoffs sounds like dogging to me.

And why exactly is he "worn out"? He should not be any more worn out than any other playoff goaltender. Even with the two goals allowed, he was very good last night, and again, without several unbelievable saves when the game was 2-0, that game would have been blowout regulation win for Anaheim.

Yes he is still our best goalie and making great/bunch of saves but when you looked at his play now compared to how he was playing at the beginning of the playoffs where he was a stone wall and just in a zone and teams couldn't get any goals in on him, he just hasn't seemed as fresh as then so by that I meant worn out. Should have used a better word I guess. Of course he still our best player out there though. Guess giving him a day off to rest probably wouldn't do much anyways to get him back "into the zone" and he's still our best goalie so it's not a big deal whether or not he played the rest of the series or not. Just was seeing what you guys thought.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ok. Almost midnight.

Let's see if Ellis and forsberg and whoever can get into the heads of the locker room cause they need to believe.
Pekka, time to stand tall and take your emotions out.
And playoff Wilson, time to show up.

Let's hope a miracle occurs and a coach fixes the dam power play.

I just will have to mute roenick and milbury tomorrow, isn't there an app for that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA