Observations XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This would explain Ribeiro. He relapsed in December and the team decided they didn't want him around.

His agent, Bob Perno, tells Richard Labbé of La Presse that Ribeiro relapsed into alcoholism “before the holidays” this season.

“Mike is currently in Nashville and he’s trying to get better. He’s at resting and he’s giving himself a few more months to come to a decision about his future in hockey,” said Perno to La Presse. “Mike had a relapse with regards to his issues with alcohol, and he has to get better/take care of himself. It’s the kind of thing that can jeopardize a career, especially at his age.”

Perno said that Ribeiro, who has three children, was jettisoned from the Predators after they heard about the relapse.

“Mike had a relapse before the holidays, and the management of the Predators heard about it. They decided it was better for him to leave. So Mike accepted the move to the farm team [in Milwaukee]. It has to be said, he didn’t give up. Many veterans would have chosen to give up if they had been in his shoes, but not him. He found the courage to keep going,” said Perno.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I hope ribeiro gets some help. Hard place, wish him the best.

We will always be hard on subban, he replaced Weber . And we were hard on Weber at times, at least I was. Everyone has particular players you watch more, or expect more out from that player.
When you are at the top, more is always expected......

I think he's done a very good job......

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poile deserves huge kudos for making it such that we have two more full seasons before we have to worry about any one of those top 4 D needing a raise.

edit... just saw the Ribiero piece.. hope he gets help... there is more to life than hockey.

I understand his agent being on his side but "jettison" isn't what the Preds did... the owners gave him an opportunity to keep earning a very substantial salary while getting nothing in return.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Poile deserves huge kudos for making it such that we have two more full seasons before we have to worry about any one of those top 4 D needing a raise.

edit... just saw the Ribiero piece.. hope he gets help... there is more to life than hockey.

I understand his agent being on his side but "jettison" isn't what the Preds did... the owners gave him an opportunity to keep earning a very substantial salary while getting nothing in return.

Pretty sure it was translated. I saw the article posted on FB in French.

I wish him well.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I hope he gets better, but I knew there was a reason for his benching other than just play. Tbh he's lucky Poile is as nice as he is. Lots of GMs would have used it as a means to dump his salary.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Great atory. Tells you a few important things about Poile, Lavy and Fiddler himself.

Edit:someone should post this link on the main playoff boards because it says so much good about the organization.

Last edited:

belle

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Addictions are hard to overcome AND to continue to keep that addiction suppressed. I wish for Ribeiro success in once again slaying that demon and keeping it in check. I wish for his family, especially his children, a dad that is sober and present.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Literally couldn't sleep last night. I truly believed we were going to win that game.

We have to find our secondary scoring. Someone has to step up. That person very well may be Johansen, who needs to be told to shoot the freaking puck sometimes. Maybe it's Wilson, who has once again, been all smoke and no fire. Maybe it's Watson who has played the role of super pest lately.

We deserved a better fate in game 2. Gotta find a way to put game 4 out of our minds and get back to playing our game. We've shown we can win in Anaheim. Let's get out there and bring home a W.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Literally couldn't sleep last night. I truly believed we were going to win that game.

Same. I'm still kind of jacked up from the roller coaster ride this series has been.

Taking a step back though. I feel like we should have won the first 3 games. Last night was basically an even game overall, though we were heavily dominated in the 1st and I feel that outweighed the rest.

If we really put everything into perspective it seems like we should still be in good shape tomorrow night. It just doesn't feel like it.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Same. I'm still kind of jacked up from the roller coaster ride this series has been.

Taking a step back though. I feel like we should have won the first 3 games. Last night was basically an even game overall, though we were heavily dominated in the 1st and I feel that outweighed the rest.

If we really put everything into perspective it seems like we should still be in good shape tomorrow night. It just doesn't feel like it.

Not if we can't get SOG's during a 5 on 3 PP. A time out, Housley frantic with his plays on the white board. Then stand around like statues waiting for pigeons.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
At some point the other lines need to do something. It's gotten pretty bad, and could get worse if Fisher is out.

You hit the nail on the head. Neal line has to step up now. If Fisher is out, we've essentially lost an entire 2nd line these playoffs with Smith, Fisher, and Fiala. That's really starting to show imo.

Has anyone seen a recent update on Smith? What's his injury?

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
It definitely wasn't his brightest moment discussing hockey. But let's face it, I doubt he even really knows much about it and this is from just hearing him basically say as much previously. One example was yesterday when Jared asked him about Joe Thornton. Assist machine. Superstar? Floyd's reply was basically 'there are a lot of Joe Thornton's out there, only a couple of Toews'. No. No. No.

On the other hand...

102.5 in the morning is great with Braden & Fitz.

His main point was that Arvy wasn't a superstar......and he is right. He is just making the argument poorly. There is a difference is a great player and a superstar. Arvy will need to have a few more 30 goal seasons to jump from "player who had a great year" to great player.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
You hit the nail on the head. Neal line has to step up now. If Fisher is out, we've essentially lost an entire 2nd line these playoffs with Smith, Fisher, and Fiala. That's really starting to show imo.

Has anyone seen a recent update on Smith? What's his injury?

I would suspect it is a groin issue since he was having trouble turning the last game he was in. Maybe an ankle. Regardless, his straightaway speed was ok, but his lateral quickness was MIA.

We didn't deserve to win last night, much less get it to OT. Sure was fun though.

I feel they have outplayed us generally one period in each game. Game one we were able to withstand the 3rd period. Game 2, we didn't hold the 2nd. Game 3 they were better in the first. Same as Game 4.

Start fast in game 5. Concerning about Fisher. Isn't scoring, but I really don't want Fiddler back in the lineup.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I genuinely believe in this team. We can come back from last night's debacle. It's not time to give up.

Also, I hope Perry gets a game for that intent to injure on Pekka.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We knew we would have to overcome adversity. Well, now we got it in spades.

I know we all feel awful after a loss but is it really that much adversity???

Of course we would rather be up 3-1, but if being tied in a series is your worst adversity in a postseason, you know things are going pretty darn good...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
at no point in this game did i feel we deserved to win this game. we almost stole it a couple of times in OT, but that's what it would have been, a complete steal.

we started this game like a bunch of rookies in their first game seven. playing scared and not to lose or make a mistake. not like a veteran team in a hugely important game 4. Add in a couple more long range unscreened goals from rinne (aren't most of those he has allowed all playoffs?) and an absolutely pitiful PP and you have the perfect recipe for defeat. Amazed it wasn't 4-0 after the first honestly.

win or lose, i've decided this is my last full time season as a fan. too frustrating and i'm too old to worry this much over a game. do wish i would at least see a banner raised opening night next year where i could semi retire in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad