Observations XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
St. Louis it is. Wonder when the series will start? I'm hoping on Friday for optimal rest for Smith and Wilson to heal up.

One thing I forgot to mention on Thursday, Kevin Fiala has looked like a completely different player since late March. Does he still have defensive brain farts? Yes. But they kid has gotten really good at taking the puck off people's sticks and protecting the puck in the offensive zone.

Certainly making me eat crow.

Kind of felt like he played without looking over his shoulder to see if the coaching staff was watching him. Seemed like he was more confident and mentally free. That's my take.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's never a bad day when the Wild lose.... but losing to a coach they fired... with a coach they picked up after he got fired for losing to us... bonus.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
St. Louis it is. Wonder when the series will start? I'm hoping on Friday for optimal rest for Smith and Wilson to heal up.

One thing I forgot to mention on Thursday, Kevin Fiala has looked like a completely different player since late March. Does he still have defensive brain farts? Yes. But they kid has gotten really good at taking the puck off people's sticks and protecting the puck in the offensive zone.

I can't wait to see what Fiala can do with some experience and a full season.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hoping for Friday night and Sunday afternoon game 1 & 2. I'm assuming Tues/Thurs for 3 & 4.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Soo, how about those two massive trades Poile made, huh?? How about that Arvidsson steal in the 4th round??

Where the Poile haters at??

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

But you man up and admit to it, unlike a couple of turtles who have disappeared. Stick tap! :handclap:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Soo, how about those two massive trades Poile made, huh?? How about that Arvidsson steal in the 4th round??

Where the Poile haters at??

I assume you are referring to the Forsberg and Jones/Johansen trade yes? :laugh:

I don't think you will find anyone upset with the Jones or Forsberg trades. The Weber trade still yes TBD. If we get passed STL and to the Confrence Finals (big if) I would say the trade was worth it for the immediate future.

Saw some people ripping on Weber on Facebook. So silly. If you anyone watched that entire Montreal series, they would know Weber was the least of their problems compared to only one forward line having any kind of offense outside of Radulov.

Subban had a very good first round. Let's hope he can keep it up!

St. Louis is going to be a completely different team. Hard team. Heavy team. You really gotta wonder what kind of game we decide to play against them because unlike Chicago, they will win board battles.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Why does it fall on the team advancing further to prove the worth of the Weber/Subban trade? I guess it will vary from person to person but to me the Hawks series already proved it.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Why does it fall on the team advancing further to prove the worth of the Weber/Subban trade? I guess it will vary from person to person but to me the Hawks series already proved it.

It's more "haha Weber is golfing and PK isn't" kind of jokes. I just think it is in poor taste to rip a guy who probably didn't want to get traded in the first place.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Looks like Willy should be ready to go. Skating full speed at today's practice. And though Smith didn't skate today, I think he should be ok by the end of the week. How do the lines change from the Chicago series? Insert McLeod for Zolnierczyk for a little more grit?

Arvi - Johansen - Forsberg
Fiala - Jarnkrok - Neal
Smith - Fisher - Wilson
Watson - Sissons - McLeod

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Looks like Willy should be ready to go. Skating full speed at today's practice. And though Smith didn't skate today, I think he should be ok by the end of the week. How do the lines change from the Chicago series? Insert McLeod for Zolnierczyk for a little more grit?

Arvi - Johansen - Forsberg
Fiala - Jarnkrok - Neal
Smith - Fisher - Wilson
Watson - Sissons - McLeod

Neal wasn't skating either. Hope they're both okay.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
According to the main boards, the Predators are a boring trap team... Gotta love it

Yeah- I was going to make a post about this very subject. Pretty disappointing, and a little aggravating, that there are so many ignorant people out there. There are apparently a ton of people who actually think we are still a slow, grinding, defensive-minded team.

Oh well, they will learn......

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Controversial opinion: As long as the Preds compete level stays where it was during the Hawks series AND Peks doesn't suffer a mental breakdown the only team left in the west that can beat the Preds is the Ducks.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Yeah- I was going to make a post about this very subject. Pretty disappointing, and a little aggravating, that there are so many ignorant people out there. There are apparently a ton of people who actually think we are still a slow, grinding, defensive-minded team.

Oh well, they will learn......

I love it when you have so many people posting opinions starting with "I didn't watch any of the series but..."

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The best part was when I was told that Kane is an authority on the subject of winning (wasn't the topic, but ok I can agree) and knows what styles work because he played on a team with stellar defense and an exciting offense.

So yeah I guess that description eludes the Preds, a team with the third best playoff offense and who held their opponent to .75 goals per game, good enough for dead last in offense.

Makes sense.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I wouldn't get too bothered by it folks. Sounds a whole lot like British generals complaining that the colonists won't form up into proper line of battle during the Revolution. "By Jove, it's classless and not fair. They may win a battle, but they'll never win a proper war that way."

Hope teams take a page from our book and play the Hawks like that all season next year. You know what "style" of hockey is boring Patty? Endless perimeter possession with hardly any scoring chances created.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
At the end of the day they don't remember how you won the cup, they just remember you won. When the goal is winning, you don't worry about whether the how is pretty or exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad