Observations XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Subban was the teams best defender in his own zone and the neutral zone all series. Tremendous at puck recoveries and clearing the zone, dominated Toews every time they were on the ice together.

Absolutely correct- which is why I completely went off on the "PK Stupid" post....

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Oh give me a break. Erat's both in execution and context is MUCH worse than that play. Good feaking grief.
I'll agree to disagree.

Are you serious??? The greatest day in Predators history and this is what you post?? Unbelievable.......

Come on man.......:shakehead
Whatever. I'm not some negative nancy that's constantly complaining on the boards...

How about that Aberg? It's great seeing him play to the level he has been.
If it wasn't for Victor standing next to the net acting like he was going to shoot the puck never goes in.
There is a drop off from Craig to PA. Need him and Wilson back healthy.
Still glad the coach is playing the kids rather than old, slow, un-creative players.

Is my original statement more valid now? Still the dumbest play I've seen.

Just because the game and day were good, doesn't mean a completely stupid play didn't happen. Although the same can be said about any game as every game has a stupid play at some point.

But to criticize someone for pointing an observation out....:shakehead
Exactly

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He held Toews and the gang in his back pocket the whole series. In the big picture, he was our best d-zone player in the series.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Some of you really need to grow up and calm down.

PK played a great series no doubt. It was still a stupid play and a joking post.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The Erat play directly led to us losing a game and ultimately a series. The PK play didn't, therefore Erat's was worse.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Observation: Tipping the smashcar was kinda douchy but as long as it was the only thing I'm cool. We are not Chicago fans trashing everything. We party hard but responsibly.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
our defensemen, all 6 of them, had a truly great defensive series. ekholm/subban on toews line primarily, and ellis/josi on kane's. and weber/irwin on their third/fourth lines when called upon. of course mistakes were made by everyone, but they were covered up by their partner or by the guy who made the mistake himself...or by rinne.

subban was very good all series, but so was ekholm too and he played a fine series himself.

then when you add in the fact that josi (2) and ellis (1) had as many goals as a unit as the entire Chicago team, there simply isn't anything to really criticize about the overall play of the entire defense. Would certainly take this same play the next series from them.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
our defensemen, all 6 of them, had a truly great defensive series. ekholm/subban on toews line primarily, and ellis/josi on kane's. and weber/irwin on their third/fourth lines when called upon. of course mistakes were made by everyone, but they were covered up by their partner or by the guy who made the mistake himself...or by rinne.

subban was very good all series, but so was ekholm too and he played a fine series himself.

then when you add in the fact that josi (2) and ellis (1) had as many goals as a unit as the entire Chicago team, there simply isn't anything to really criticize about the overall play of the entire defense. Would certainly take this same play the next series from them.

And the offense from the goalies. *insert laughing here*

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i agree on aberg, we saw great speed and hustle from him all series. we haven't yet seen the offensive skill i know (or believe) is there yet. would sure be super to see some offense from him now.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
all kidding aside, rinne had a great puckhandling series himself. time after time him cutting the puckoff behind the net confounded their dump and chase that our defensemen were forcing at the blueline. really helped us all series. last night the break out of the crease to get that puck was a real athletic move that prevented a breakaway and then of course the 'miracle' save off the bad bounce off the halfboard in game 3 might have really kept this series going our way.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So are you seriously defending a post that called him PK STUPID??? After the greatest win and night in franchise history?? Completely uncalled for.

Get the heck out of here- that was a completely ridiculous post and I will call it out every single time.... That would be like if I came on here and took the time to make a post bashing Sissons for his 4 minute penalty- again- come on man

There is a reason why there are a million posts on the boards about last night and that was the ONLY one with that kind of crap in it.

He didn't call PK stupid, he said what PK did was stupid, big difference. Everyone does stupid stuff from time to time, that doesn't make them stupid.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I just don't think it was anywhere near the level of boneheaded play that Erat made. I don't think it's worse than Kostitsyn going for a line change on the PK. Or Suter scoring the own goal... in fact, although I wasn't pleased with the play, it definitely isn't something that I would consider among the worst plays in franchise history and nothing that I'm going to dwell upon longer than the 15-20 seconds during which the play and replay occurred.

I like NIF, great old school poster who I wish was around here more often. But, I just don't see where that post was coming from. If it was sarcasm, it went completely by everyone.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I am sorry, Predators fans, but last night was only the second greatest night in franchise history.

There is one greater. It hasn't happened yet.

It involves Gary Bettman, a big silver thing on a table, and Mike Fisher.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I just don't think it was anywhere near the level of boneheaded play that Erat made. I don't think it's worse than Kostitsyn going for a line change on the PK. Or Suter scoring the own goal... in fact, although I wasn't pleased with the play, it definitely isn't something that I would consider among the worst plays in franchise history and nothing that I'm going to dwell upon longer than the 15-20 seconds during which the play and replay occurred.

I like NIF, great old school poster who I wish was around here more often. But, I just don't see where that post was coming from. If it was sarcasm, it went completely by everyone.
I didn't realize the post would cause such a stir or I probably wouldn't have worded it that way. It's not a big deal, didn't ruin the series for me or make me want PK gone. It'll just be the play I think of when I think "man that was dumb".

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I didn't realize the post would cause such a stir or I probably wouldn't have worded it that way. It's not a big deal, didn't ruin the series for me or make me want PK gone. It'll just be the play I think of when I think "man that was dumb".

Well it is certainly good to know that you are giving PK enough slack that you don't want him gone....

No offense man, but the fact that that play is even in your head whatsoever on a day like today is completely mind-boggling.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Well it is certainly good to know that you are giving PK enough slack that you don't want him gone....

No offense man, but the fact that that play is even in your head whatsoever on a day like today is completely mind-boggling.
I'm sorry you didn't see that as a play that stood out during the game. I didn't realize the this was the cheerleading thread.

Let it go..... "PK Stupid" was a quip/play on words.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Observation thread , let's observe and not attack each other for a week.......blech.......

This team that played these four games is the team that we all hoped was there at the beginning of the season. No more settling, we've seen them and they can do it. They were focused and relentless .
I don't care how or who did what to change their mental attitude, but wow.......

Doing well isn't good enough........keep the hammer down, nothing else is acceptable anymore.

And I'm done as a fan just being happy to make the it to the second round:D

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I am sorry, Predators fans, but last night was only the second greatest night in franchise history.

There is one greater. It hasn't happened yet.

It involves Gary Bettman, a big silver thing on a table, and Mike Fisher.

"Franchise history" can not, by definition, include something that hasn't happened yet. :laugh:

This one feels different. It was a great win, a great series, and the team truly dominated--and despite being a great moment in and of itself it was just step one and I'm getting that vibe from the team.

But man, was that fun or what?

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Settle down guys. No need to get heated at each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinions so keep that in mind.

With that said, enjoy the next few days of stress-free NHL playoff hockey (unless you are in the NPPG Playoffs!)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
"Franchise history" can not, by definition, include something that hasn't happened yet. :laugh:

This one feels different. It was a great win, a great series, and the team truly dominated--and despite being a great moment in and of itself it was just step one and I'm getting that vibe from the team.

But man, was that fun or what?

Great observation. This feels amazing, but if we're lucky enough to go on a nice long run, you'd be surprised how distant and insignificant the first round can seem. We're talking about another possible 21 games, a month and a half. It's what makes the road to the Cup so difficult, it's such a grind and an emotional roller coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad