Observations XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Eddie Lack, win/loss ratio, Hasek incarnate, where do people come up with this crap? Completely and totally irrelevant, not to mention, wrong.

Eddie the eagle. Hasek was his back up before he Was traded.

Not Eddie Lack. NHL history goes further back than Eddie lack.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The Sharks just whooped the Caps. Good luck going there on Saturday and playing like that. Might get ugly.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Where and when?

Please provide proof of this. Definitely not talked about during XV thread.

On the 7th at 4:21 pm.

When referring to the eye test here it is in reference to all the praise he has gotten about being positionally sound tracking the puck ect ect. At times that is true even Eddie Lack looks good at times. And in time Sarro's could well be a superstar we do not know. But again historically goalies do not hit there prime uintil after age 24. Having a guy with potential ride the pine behind a guy who is going to be the starter until his contract is up is short sighted. if it delays Sarro's two years development then your looking at age 26 or 27 until he is at the top of his game.

Again he has 7 wins out of 17 games in the NHL this is below minimum expectaions most have of any back-up. A good back up wins 50% of there games under any circumstances. Do you not think it would be better to give the guy some time in the AHL and be ready to take his lumps when it is his turn. Or do you think 25 to 30 games a year as a back up and being sent down to get some games is in his or the teams best interest? I know there are those here right now that think Rinne should be benched and let Saoor's do what he can. Well thats a sure fire way to beat him out of the league. Its not that I want the guy rto fail I want him to succeed but you can bet every game he gets in the NHL other teams keep the book on him and next time arround can expose his weaknesses and he does have them. WIth some more age and alot more experience he would have a better chance to be successful. To ignore his win loss ratio now and just put him out there on potential is asinine. Even though he does some things well he is not winning. And at the end of the day thats what will keep the guy here.

Of course he also spelled Saros about 50 different ways in that post, so maybe Eddie Lack meant Saros?

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
On the 7th at 4:21 pm.

Of course he also spelled Saros about 50 different ways in that post, so maybe Eddie Lack meant Saros?

You're correct, I suppose I don't read every post. I have a job where I can't read the forums every minute.

Never the less Saros is getting pumped way to much for what little he has proven in the NHL, he could be hasek or could be enroth but people need calm down and let progression happen.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You're correct, I suppose I don't read every post. I have a job where I can't read the forums every minute.

Never the less Saros is getting pumped way to much for what little he has proven in the NHL, he could be hasek or could be enroth but people need calm down and let progression happen.

Yet you continually bash any young player we seem to have in or out of context. You love bashing on Fiala. Now you're doing the same with Saros. How about bashing on our glut of 4th liners that don't get anything done on the ice night in and night out instead. These are grizzled vets that don't provide anything other than some hustle once in a while all the while getting pinned in our zone shift after shift.

And don't use the I don't read every post line. It's a cop out. You see what you want to see regardless of facts or play on the ice. I bet you think Fiddler and Zolnersuck deserve ice time over a guy like Fiala too.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just a guy who supports our young guys and wants to see them succeed so the team has success. Heaven forbid anyone should be an optimist about our players. Last year I didn't know if Arvy had another level in him and look at him this year, he's turned in to a solid player for us. Once again, maybe Fiala follows the same path but no, he's a bust. He'll never make it. And we should just keep playing Rinne and forget that Saros kid because he's useless too.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Yet you continually bash any young player we seem to have in or out of context. You love bashing on Fiala. Now you're doing the same with Saros. How about bashing on our glut of 4th liners that don't get anything done on the ice night in and night out instead. These are grizzled vets that don't provide anything other than some hustle once in a while all the while getting pinned in our zone shift after shift.

And don't use the I don't read every post line. It's a cop out. You see what you want to see regardless of facts or play on the ice. I bet you think Fiddler and Zolnersuck deserve ice time over a guy like Fiala too.

But hey, what do I know. I'm just a guy who supports our young guys and wants to see them succeed so the team has success. Heaven forbid anyone should be an optimist about our players. Last year I didn't know if Arvy had another level in him and look at him this year, he's turned in to a solid player for us. Once again, maybe Fiala follows the same path but no, he's a bust. He'll never make it. And we should just keep playing Rinne and forget that Saros kid because he's useless too.

Lavy Iced 4 scoring lines earlier this season before going back to a traditional 4 line lineup which GMDP help via trade and call ups.

Do you know why a 4th line exists? It's not for goal scoring, they can supplement scoring but that's not their job.

What's Fiala's job?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Glenn just exactly what has Saros's and Faila actually done? The answer is not very damn much. You and a number of others act as if these kids are established superstars. And yes my spelling of the names was intentional. Either of these guys could in time be a critical piece of the team but right now They are part of the problem. A roster filled with under performing players. Other than Arviddson every player on the roster has had a section of the season where they added nothing to the TEAM. And perhaps that is the issue it is a team sport not an individual contest nightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Glenn just exactly what has Saros's and Faila actually done? The answer is not very damn much. You and a number of others act as if these kids are established superstars. And yes my spelling of the names was intentional. Either of these guys could in time be a critical piece of the team but right now They are part of the problem. A roster filled with under performing players. Other than Arviddson every player on the roster has had a section of the season where they added nothing to the TEAM. And perhaps that is the issue it is a team sport not an individual contest nightly.
Then why do you focus on hating on Fiala so much instead of spreading it around to other guys? And I really really hope the answer isn't because everyone thought he was going to be much better than he has been and you enjoy saying you were right because you didn't agree and you get a told-you-so moment to hang your hat on. (Which, if someone says everything sucks and predicts everything to fail, it's pretty easy to be right from time to time). Whether it's intentional or not, I think you have a hard time deciphering between being optimistic while rooting to see positives from certain guys, and how good some of us truly think they are. If anyone thinks Fiala is (your hopefully exaggerated words, not mine) an "established superstar", they're an idiot.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Was just saying what Drake said, if you predict eveything to fail and say nothing but negatives, you have to be right sometimes. So, to tell other people off "I told you so" is pretty pathetic.

E: Byrd, what are you going to do if we have a win streak or let alone win a SC? Are you gonna delete your account?

Last edited:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Glenn just exactly what has Sorryo's and Faila actually done? The answer is not very damn much. You and a number of others act as if these kids are established superstars. And yes my spelling of the names was intentional. Either of these guys could in time be a critical piece of the team but right now They are part of the problem. A roster filled with under performing players. Other than Arviddson every player on the roster has had a section of the season where they added nothing to the TEAM. And perhaps that is the issue it is a team sport not an individual contest nightly.

Good grief this is incredibly bad. Sit the next few plays out and try again later.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
On the plus side, the 60 of 63 minutes played at even-strength were good. The 3 on the PK sucked.

Thought Rinne, and for that matter the team in front of him played well, and hard all night. Gotta fix that penalty kill unit, and fast. Losing Ellis in warmups sucked.

And I just feel pity for Craig Smith right now. Quick pulling a Hasek out of his bag was something else.

As far as the young guys-neither has had a full season. Fiala has 8 goals in 41 games....a 20 goal pace. Coming into the season I thought that would be a good goal for him. If only he played more....

and anyone else catch Stu-pid say that Weber was slated to be out of the lineup rather than Bitetto before Ellis went down in warmups?

Ellis-I wonder if his leg/hip pops out of place. I had originally thought his ankle rolled in his boot, but it looks like in some of his stills when he is on edge, his boot is lace tight at top, which would eliminate that. Would explain the non-weight bearing aspect of it. But I am not a doctor.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Then why do you focus on hating on Fiala so much instead of spreading it around to other guys? And I really really hope the answer isn't because everyone thought he was going to be much better than he has been and you enjoy saying you were right because you didn't agree and you get a told-you-so moment to hang your hat on. (Which, if someone says everything sucks and predicts everything to fail, it's pretty easy to be right from time to time). Whether it's intentional or not, I think you have a hard time deciphering between being optimistic while rooting to see positives from certain guys, and how good some of us truly think they are. If anyone thinks Fiala is (your hopefully exaggerated words, not mine) an "established superstar", they're an idiot.

No the words were not exaggerated. It all boils down to this the young guys in the system are not of the quality of superstar status yet day after day Faila and Saros are pumped by a handful as being legit NHL guys right now. For the last month really it has been Rinne the center of all thats wrong. What is wrong is that there are maybe 7 or 8 players that have in segments played like bonified NHL players who had very high expectations placed on them pre season.

And you are 100% correct that there are others deserving of being criticized. Neal gets some and Johanson does not get enough, the guy is friggin lazy just as the rumors from Cbus had pointed out. For some reason the top4 D does not mesh and the bottom pair is laughable at times.

It may be taken as I told you so but that is not my intention but I suppose I could be that way. Y Weber for example I was not pleased with that signing and he is the player he is and has been when he played elsewhere. Or how about the Matt Carl decision. Is there anyone who thinks Carl and Weber could step up to fill in the top4 during injury. Well I did not when they were signed, so am I Nostradamus??? Hardly And its the same with these kids they have been put into the roster and they are not ready. It does nothing for the team and can only hurt them long term.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Was just saying what Drake said, if you predict eveything to fail and say nothing but negatives, you have to be right sometimes. So, to tell other people off "I told you so" is pretty pathetic.

E: Byrd, what are you going to do if we have a win streak or let alone win a SC? Are you gonna delete your account?

I will be dead before they play for a SC so thats a moot point.

Will you continue to think every Euro player is superior to any player on the team? Two can play this game.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I will be dead before they play for a SC so thats a moot point.

Will you continue to think every Euro player is superior to any player on the team? Two can play this game.

Am I an Euro homer? I don't mean to come off that way, and I think I haven't shown any more love towards Euro player than NA players. But it happens to be that way, we have the most Euro players in the league and our core consists a lot of Euros, so I guess you could see it that way. If I'm homer towards some player, it's Wilson.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
On the plus side, the 60 of 63 minutes played at even-strength were good. The 3 on the PK sucked.

Thought Rinne, and for that matter the team in front of him played well, and hard all night. Gotta fix that penalty kill unit, and fast. Losing Ellis in warmups sucked.

And I just feel pity for Craig Smith right now. Quick pulling a Hasek out of his bag was something else.

As far as the young guys-neither has had a full season. Fiala has 8 goals in 41 games....a 20 goal pace. Coming into the season I thought that would be a good goal for him. If only he played more....

and anyone else catch Stu-pid say that Weber was slated to be out of the lineup rather than Bitetto before Ellis went down in warmups?

Ellis-I wonder if his leg/hip pops out of place. I had originally thought his ankle rolled in his boot, but it looks like in some of his stills when he is on edge, his boot is lace tight at top, which would eliminate that. Would explain the non-weight bearing aspect of it. But I am not a doctor.

I wouldn't call them good. 4 shots on goal in the first, 6 shots on goal by the halfway point, that was total trash. This team was lucky they even got 2 goals. Jarnkroks was a lucky bounce right to him and Fiala's was a scramble where anything can happen. This team had almost zero sustained pressure last night.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lavy Iced 4 scoring lines earlier this season before going back to a traditional 4 line lineup which GMDP help via trade and call ups.

Do you know why a 4th line exists? It's not for goal scoring, they can supplement scoring but that's not their job.

Funny; that's a significant portion of the job they have up here in Columbus and it works pretty damn well for us. Ditto Pittsburgh. And Washington. And the Rangers. And the Wild. But yeah, none of those teams matter, right?

I suppose I should shut up about it since this kind of caveman thinking is why our fourth lines are so damn effective (because of folks who just try to ice five grinders and get burned by it), but there's this funny thing in which I give a damn about how well the Preds do. Curious. :)

Spread out your skill. Spread out your grinders. Diversity is the key to thriving in life.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Funny; that's a significant portion of the job they have up here in Columbus and it works pretty damn well for us. Ditto Pittsburgh. And Washington. And the Rangers. And the Wild. But yeah, none of those teams matter, right?

I suppose I should shut up about it since this kind of caveman thinking is why our fourth lines are so damn effective (because of folks who just try to ice five grinders and get burned by it), but there's this funny thing in which I give a damn about how well the Preds do. Curious. :)

Spread out your skill. Spread out your grinders. Diversity is the key to thriving in life.
And some great goaltending.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And some great goaltending.
True of three out of five. Pittsburgh is getting pretty good goaltending (Murray has been very effective, but still has only about half the starts), and New York is basically in the same position as Nashville (semitroubled starter, helped by a better-than-expected backup).

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
True of three out of five. Pittsburgh is getting pretty good goaltending (Murray has been very effective, but still has only about half the starts), and New York is basically in the same position as Nashville (semitroubled starter, helped by a better-than-expected backup).
Little ot, but I always have seen Raanta as a starter, not a backup. Too bad he didn't initially get into a team like Calgary or Islanders or even the Jets where he could've become a starter. Hank is Swedish. Rinne is Finnish. Raanta is Finnish. That's the reason he's still undisputed #1 in the Rangerstown. Swedish people get **** done compared to Finns, or at least that is the mentality.
He has a worse sv% but has 5 more wins. Even when he's not ''on'' he still gets wins.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I wouldn't call them good. 4 shots on goal in the first, 6 shots on goal by the halfway point, that was total trash. This team was lucky they even got 2 goals. Jarnkroks was a lucky bounce right to him and Fiala's was a scramble where anything can happen. This team had almost zero sustained pressure last night.

Bingo. Same as the Ducks game. On ice, these have probably been the worst games we've played all season. On board, Rinne has kept us in it.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Bingo. Same as the Ducks game. On ice, these have probably been the worst games we've played all season. On board, Rinne has kept us in it.

The first period they were on there heels the entire period. The second both teams played pretty equal and the third was a mixture of the Kings playing horrible the first 9 minutes and then recovering and the Preds inability to take advantage of the Kings sloppy play early in the 3rd was costly. Smith, Forsberg and Arvy all three missed a chance to bury a rebound in the 3rd. Frosberg hit the iron, Smith missed the net as usual and Arvy was just froze looking at the puck as a King swiped the puck from right in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad