Observations XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
before it all gets overlooked between the depression from last night and before the hope of the next game, Wilson and Jarnkrok both at least played really well last night.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I was originally responding to Roman Yoshi comment PK should be sitting. He is obviously injured and not half the player he was earlier in the year. I'm not jumping off a cliff by saying I'm surprised he came back not 100% and would rather he be 100% post any surgery than ??% he is now. IF surgery is still in the picture would anyone want him to wait and not fully recuperate for October because of a May surgery instead of a February one?

I will just repeat what I have been saying previously on this subject.

I just hope and pray that our management isn’t stupid enough to be playing Subban if he truly isn’t healthy. If there is any chance that his back is still messed up, or that they know surgery is imminent, then it would be completely ridiculous to have him anywhere near the ice. (Not to mention he played in the freaking All-star game, which would be the ultimate stupidity).

If there is one injury you can’t mess around with it is a back injury. This isn’t one of those injuries where you just tolerate the pain and play through it with no chance of making it worse. Quite the opposite. One wrong hit could mess up his entire career if he is still playing with an injured back. I had to have two back surgeries a few years ago for something very similar to what Subban supposedly has- and I can’t think of a worse thing a person could do with that type of ailment than try to play hockey.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i don't believe subban is playing hurt or for one minute think we would risk him playing if we truly thought playing put him at any further risk.

think that's just being used as an excuse from some for him not being more dominating. to me, he's simply playing tentatively, which admittedly 'might' be him not having confidence in the injury not reoccurring (whatever it was to begin with, and i'm certainly betting it was back or neck again).

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i don't believe subban is playing hurt or for one minute think we would risk him playing if we truly thought playing put him at any further risk.

think that's just being used as an excuse from some for him not being more dominating. to me, he's simply playing tentatively, which admittedly 'might' be him not having confidence in the injury not reoccurring (whatever it was to begin with, and i'm certainly betting it was back or neck again).

To me, I think he's hurt because his skating and stride, and consequently his speed are way off of what I'm accustomed to. Maybe it's not so dire as he's putting off badly needed surgery, but I don't think he's playing at 100 percent, either.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
If there is one injury you can’t mess around with it is a back injury.

Just ask Steve Sullivan. I don't think for one second if Subban's injury was still significant Poile or his doctors would be letting him touch the ice. Whether people around here like it or not he is a cornerstone player for this team who they have a large investment in.
Could a big hit injure him? Sure. They all take risks every second they are on the ice. I will trust in management and the doctors because they know a lot more about what's going on with Subban than any of you do.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You both are assuming it was a back injury. That was a rumor but never confirmed. There was also a different rumor going around about it being something totally unrelated.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Tell a competitive guy that the team could use your help and you patch yourself up and take the ice even if you're not fully recovered.

If you add the fact how banged up those guys are sometimes during playoffs when they take the ice, a little twisted ankle or whatever feel like nothing.

Forsberg played with broken finger or what it was last year? If you knew it you might have noticed it, but could anyone then call it anything but just being a little off somehow?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just noticed that we are at the 50 game mark and we have the exact same record this year as last year at this time:

24-18-8

We have scored 11 more goals this year and allowed 1 more than last year.

What is interesting is at this time last year, starting with game 51 we lost two straight at home in regulation and went on to lose 5 of the next 7. It appeared that all of our pre all-star break momentum was gone, but after that brief slump we really turned it on with a 14 game point streak that solidified our playoff spot.

Point is, we really didn’t truly put everything together last year until around game 60.

Which again makes the overreaction to one loss all the more ridiculous.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Tell a competitive guy that the team could use your help and you patch yourself up and take the ice even if you're not fully recovered.

If you add the fact how banged up those guys are sometimes during playoffs when they take the ice, a little twisted ankle or whatever feel like nothing.

Forsberg played with broken finger or what it was last year? If you knew it you might have noticed it, but could anyone then call it anything but just being a little off somehow?

Yeah but that ain't PK. Don't you listen? He's selfish and only gives to kids so he looks good. He isn't some character guy that will sacrifice his health for his team mates.

And I think the observation about his skating is dead on. Which makes me wonder if that rumor about his back was just scurrilous rumors put out by a media machine that has made a living off of ******** on him. Maybe it's a leg or knee issue.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Yeah but that ain't PK. Don't you listen? He's selfish and only gives to kids so he looks good. He isn't some character guy that will sacrifice his health for his team mates.

And I think the observation about his skating is dead on. Which makes me wonder if that rumor about his back was just scurrilous rumors put out by a media machine that has made a living off of ******** on him. Maybe it's a leg or knee issue.

Have you ever met PK? Spent time with him? Know his character? More than likely a no on all those questions. If you want to question what a player does on the ice that's fine and warranted. Calling someone selfish is bunk and off limits in my book. In some scrims recently he has been sticking up for his teammates. That doesn't sound like a selfish guy to me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Have you ever met PK? Spent time with him? Know his character? More than likely a no on all those questions. If you want to question what a player does on the ice that's fine and warranted. Calling someone selfish is bunk and off limits in my book. In some scrims recently he has been sticking up for his teammates. That doesn't sound like a selfish guy to me.
I was under the impression he was being sarcastic but maybe not.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

I was being sarcastic. Sorry it didn't read that way. An emoji would have been well placed I guess.

To be clear, I was being sarcastic in the first paragraph, but meant what I wrote in the second.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I was being sarcastic. Sorry it didn't read that way. An emoji would have been well placed I guess.

To be clear, I was being sarcastic in the first paragraph, but meant what I wrote in the second.

Sorry. Sarcasm doesn't come across as well when I'm hungry. Funny how that works. Lol.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
had hopes Josi would be ready for this homestand, but see he's still vague about when

I'll be surprised if he's not back by Saturday. He practiced fully yesterday.

And going by the past, players are always vague, sometimes even on the morning of the day they wind up playing

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Just noticed that we are at the 50 game mark and we have the exact same record this year as last year at this time:

24-18-8

We have scored 11 more goals this year and allowed 1 more than last year.

What is interesting is at this time last year, starting with game 51 we lost two straight at home in regulation and went on to lose 5 of the next 7. It appeared that all of our pre all-star break momentum was gone, but after that brief slump we really turned it on with a 14 game point streak that solidified our playoff spot.

Point is, we really didn’t truly put everything together last year until around game 60.

Which again makes the overreaction to one loss all the more ridiculous.

Great perspective. It's hard to see that forest thru all these trees. Another difference year-over-year is how we got to Game 50. We've been injured and assimilating new players all year. Last year we were pretty much intact. Seems to me, we have a bigger upside this year. For some reason last year, we got our spit together from Game 60 thru Game 82, and into the playoffs. We don't need that kind of run this year. Our Division is down and we're already in a Playoff spot. So if we just play well, it doesn't have to be lights-out.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'll be surprised if he's not back by Saturday. He practiced fully yesterday.

And going by the past, players are always vague, sometimes even on the morning of the day they wind up playing

The last step in concussion protocol is to have a full practice with no symptoms, so I'd assume the next game will be his return if he didn't have any symptoms after practice.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
well, we just played ourselves a fine, conservative, defensive hockey game. just like we should have against PIT, but didn't. Good job Rinne, Arvy, Johanssen, defensemen.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That was a really good win- we needed it badly. We have now held the Oilers to 2 goals in 125 minutes- not bad at all.

Too bad the loss to Pittsburgh eliminated us from contention or else this one would have had even more meaning.....:sarcasm:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Huge win last night. Great game from our first line. Thought Jarnkrok also had a really strong game.

Once again, thought Ellis was our best D men.

Props to Pekka for having his best game of the year. He really earned that win for us.

Still have concerns about our 6v5 play... very nervous about that.

Thought Maroon was a punk for fighting McLeod with his visor on when McLeod is visor-less.

Powerplay was powerless... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad