Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Irwin is definitely the worst, but Lavy obviously has a crush on him.

Weber has been the most disappointing to me, probably to Poile as well. Look at what he was doing in Montreal and Vancouver. He was never a top-4 guy, but he was knowns for his puck handling ability and usually saw minutes on the second PP unit. That's puck moving aspect was specifically what Poile signed him for (as he reshaped the defense, trading Shea for Subban) and so far Y. Weber has been very underwhelming in that regard. He rarely handles the puck, and when he does he acts like it's a live grenade.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Emelin isn't near worth his pay but I think with a decent, puck-moving, fast partner he can be good. He's still new but I think he's played very well the last few games, maybe excluding the NYR game. Imo, he's the best among the WIBE followed up by Weber.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
personally think Irwin is getting playing time based off of what he did last season, if it wasn't for that I'm not sure Lavi would be any different with him than he would be with the others

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
personally think Irwin is getting playing time based off of what he did last season, if it wasn't for that I'm not sure Lavi would be any different with him than he would be with the others
That only gets you so much though. I think if he keeps this up for another week, he will be this year's Carle. Lavy gave him so many chances to start last year and finally started scratching him around the last week of October.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It's a little disheartening to see the Rangers go right back to what they have been all season last night, as soon as they weren't playing us anymore. Mind you, the Sharks didn't gift them the goals we did.

Yep- we had no business losing that game. Watching the replay, we held them to 3 shots on goal for around the final 26 minutes of the game (until their empty net goal). When you hold a team to 14 shots on goal, you need to win the freaking game.....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
3-0 at home, 1-3-1 on the road. at least for tonight i hope the pattern continues.

We desperately need to win this game because this is the beginning of maybe the toughest 10 game stretch we will face all season:

Calgary
@ Chicago
NYI
@ SJ
@ Anaheim
@ LA
@ Columbus
Pittsburgh
Washington
@ Minnesota

That is pretty brutal. With the way we have been playing on the road we need to take care of business at home for sure......

Reactions: Pred303

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i keep seeing 'updates' on bonino's status from non-team sources as saying he is expected to be out "for multiple weeks". don't know where this info comes from but i don't like it.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
i keep seeing 'updates' on bonino's status from non-team sources as saying he is expected to be out "for multiple weeks". don't know where this info comes from but i don't like it.
Same here- I am starting to become afraid that this signing could turn out to be a huge mistake......... Hopefully not...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

I think the fact that the team itself hasn't given any update isn't a great sign. For a team as thin down the middle as we are, this isn't good.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

His agent has reportedly told the media that.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Pekka Rinne, who admittedly was most of the problem last year when the team was struggling, has been REALLY good this year. His high-danger SV% is top ten -- after being second worst among starters last season:

upload_2017-10-24_13-56-58.png

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Additional fancy stats --

xG, or expected goals -- which takes into account not only raw Corsi data, but things like shooting accuracy, shot location, shot scenario(rebounds, shots off rush, etc) and danger of shot - essentially the stat du jour for offensive measurement

Victor Arvidsson and Ryan Johansen lead the team -- Josi, Subban, Forsberg all close behind. Nothing surprising there.

The two worst?

Kevin Fiala and Calle "sweetheart contract" Jarnkrok

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
4-1-2 in the last 7 isn't bad and we played promising in the OT tonight but it's evident that we need some scoring other than JOFA, Josi and Subban.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
It's great that our PP is working, but 5-on-5 we need to score more goals. We've now got 10 even strength goals in 9 games.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Additional fancy stats --

xG, or expected goals -- which takes into account not only raw Corsi data, but things like shooting accuracy, shot location, shot scenario(rebounds, shots off rush, etc) and danger of shot - essentially the stat du jour for offensive measurement

Victor Arvidsson and Ryan Johansen lead the team -- Josi, Subban, Forsberg all close behind. Nothing surprising there.

The two worst?

Kevin Fiala and Calle "sweetheart contract" Jarnkrok
man, i really hate to "beat a dead horse" but protecting jarnkrok was a bad decision on so many levels at this point.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll be honest if Jarnkrok doesn't get it together I hope he isn't in our long term plans either. I'm a guy that rooted and supported him last season and I've about grown tired of it.

Reactions: predhead1

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Well that was frustrating. Couple of quick hits from me this morning.

Thought we were the better team overall until the third period. Calgary really came out swinging.

Glad the linesman stopped being the center of attention during faceoffs as the game progressed. The first fifteenish minutes were hell.

The PK had a great game tonight. Full marks to Sissons and Watson specifically.

Fiala. He Smithed it.

No triangle of death in overtime.

Irwin was our worst D man by far. We need Girard

Power play scoring is good, but our 5v5 play has shriveled up.

Jarnkrok for Neal may be the worst deal of Poile's career. In Nashville.

Hartnell. Fine on the power play. Awful at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad