Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Josi practicing, Subban not.

If Subban is out, that right side depth is gonna be something else.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Josi practicing, Subban not.

If Subban is out, that right side depth is gonna be something else.
I doubt Subban is injured. The Preds website said nothing about it, but listed the other injuries.

Notes:
Captain Roman Josi, who has missed the past three games with a lower-body injury, skated once more during Monday's practice. Defenseman Yannick Weber (upper-body) and center Nick Bonino did not participate. Bonino, who left Saturday's game early and did not return, is still undergoing evaluation with an update likely on Tuesday.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/preds-practice-ponderings-oct-16/c-291987844

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Did Forsberg practice? He didn't look gassed to me on the overtime game winner, he looked hurt. Someone (Seabrook) fell on top of Forsberg (looked like he took a knee to the back). He got up very slow, skated to the middle, and stood there in obvious discomfort. At least, that is how it looked to me. Hopefully, I just had one too many beers...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Bonino out long term would be very worrying. Kamenev nor Gaudreau won't really be his replacement, Jarnkrok will. Will mean Jarnkrok is back to being second line center and we will be a weaker team for it.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
may just be maintenance day but he did seem to hurt himself in our last game so I dunno.
I didn't see anything against Chicago. He did hit a rut against Dallas and went down in the corner, but I didn't see anything in the Chicago game that would indicate it was an issue.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I didn't see anything against Chicago. He did hit a rut against Dallas and went down in the corner, but I didn't see anything in the Chicago game that would indicate it was an issue.

oh yeah you're right, meant the Dallas game.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
No mention of Bonino in that release but the Gaudreau callup is telling

Is it though? All it means is Bonino isn't able to go tonight. We only have 3C's on the roster without Bonino, therefore someone is called up and Milwaukee doesn't play until Friday if I remember correctly.

IMO Gaudreau over Kamenev is what is telling.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
if you are calling up someone to be your fourth line centerman you call up Gaudreau instead of Kamenev. i fully expect to see Johansen, Jarnkrok and Sissons center the top three lines without Bonino.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Kamenev wouldn't be a great choice for a 4th line center. I think Fred proved last year that he can be productive in that role whereas Kam probably needs a little more skill around him.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
if you are calling up someone to be your fourth line centerman you call up Gaudreau instead of Kamenev. i fully expect to see Johansen, Jarnkrok and Sissons center the top three lines without Bonino.

Following this logic though, Kamenev won't ever get called up unless we lose 2 centers

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Is it though? All it means is Bonino isn't able to go tonight. We only have 3C's on the roster without Bonino, therefore someone is called up and Milwaukee doesn't play until Friday if I remember correctly.

IMO Gaudreau over Kamenev is what is telling.

I don't know- who knows? With our injury luck lately I guess I am almost just expecting the worst with Bonino.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
really interested in seeing what the ultimate decision is on Girard here in a couple weeks. I hope we keep him up here, but my gut tells me if we see a couple more games like he had against CHI we will decide to send him down. It sorta got lost in all the post game disappointment of the overtime, but not only did he have a couple of dangerous giveaways early, it was also his failed clear that led to the tieing goal (the irwin stick robbery on the play made most overlook that i think). Without a doubt he has the talent to stay, but do we have the patience to watch him make youngster mistakes that cost us but grow while he's making them? I do, but not sure management will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad