Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Observation: I'm getting sick and ****ing tired of typing out long posts and then when I try and post them it tells me I'm somehow not signed in and when I hit log in the whole thing goes away. I'm not typing all that crap again.

I've been there. A long time ago, I would lose long posts because I happened to hit Reply when my internet connection was having a hiccup. After I lost enough like that, I started developing the habit of pressing Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C to copy my posts to the clipboard just before hitting Reply. That way, if something goes wrong, I can just press Ctrl+V to paste what I wrote into a new reply. On Macs, I think that the same commands work, but with Command instead of Ctrl. Anyways, I don't lose posts any more, thanks to that habit that I practically do without even thinking about any more. I recommend it.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I’ve been dreading this- pretty painful watching Jets/Knights right now- knowing that we could be sitting in Bridgestone right now- ugh

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
came on to clean my account out for the summer, don't understand how you people can actually still be thinking and talking about hockey at this point after this disappointment. I have to simply cleanse my mind of hockey for months to recover.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Well the Jets score 65 seconds in. Fluery as been the best goalie in the playoffs and he let one in just over a minute in. Turnover by Vegas leads to a goal sounds familiar.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well the Jets score 65 seconds in. Fluery as been the best goalie in the playoffs and he let one in just over a minute in. Turnover by Vegas leads to a goal sounds familiar.

Now 2-0

Still can’t believe we basically shut the Jets out 2 straight games in their building

When the Jets roll past Knights in 5 we are going to look back with some regret- we played like crap and still took a great team like Jets to 7 games

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Now 2-0

Still can’t believe we basically shut the Jets out 2 straight games in their building

When the Jets roll past Knights in 5 we are going to look back with some regret- we played like crap and still took a great team like Jets to 7 games

We have a tendency to just look at how bad our own team played and not credit the other team for how good they were. Sometimes the other team makes you look bad. Like the 3-0 blown lead in game 3. If it were the other way around and we were the ones who came back and won that game we would be talking about how great we played not that the other team blew it.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it's so painful to watch winnipeg and vegas. this was our year. we had the best team. i have to just turn it off.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We have a tendency to just look at how bad our own team played and not credit the other team for how good they were. Sometimes the other team makes you look bad. Like the 3-0 blown lead in game 3. If it were the other way around and we were the ones who came back and won that game we would be talking about how great we played not that the other team blew it.

Oh I agree with that completely- but that doesn’t change the point at all- even if they were the reason we stunk, we were still good enough to take it to 7.

But I’m not giving them all the credit for our horrific defensive play/goaltending in Bridgestone. We were awful

Play just halfway decent at home and we are playing right now

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Dear Nashville Predators...

There's a lot of smack talk about you all...

I will defend you all like you are mine...

You the Nashville predators made my Team the Winnipeg Jets better...

Why???

Because your central team made my central team better..

Thank You Nashville Predators...

Go :nashville Go

My ghonads aka B - all - s are fine...

NHL shite fans want to kick you when your down...

Not on my watch...

I have your back...

Central teams may hate each other but when it comes to the others???

Its Go Central Go...

You Preds fans are awesome...

Don't ever forget that...

f*** the Pacific and the rest...

Merci...

Thanks...

In French Btw...

Believe in yourselves...

You all deserve it...

Dam my team just won and I'm talking to you all first...

If you don't know where you came from...

How do you know where your going...

Go :nashville Go

Thank you so much...

A Jets fan...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
came on to clean my account out for the summer, don't understand how you people can actually still be thinking and talking about hockey at this point after this disappointment. I have to simply cleanse my mind of hockey for months to recover.
It's interesting to me how some of the players were willing to go to the WC. In a good way. Josi, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, Tolvanen, Bonino, Ekholm, and apparently now Turris too? Wow, I am quite impressed. Maybe it is a way to "get away from it all" for them, but I have to think it'd be easier to do something else and not think about ANY kind of hockey for a while.

You

Jul 1, 2010
It's interesting to me how some of the players were willing to go to the WC. In a good way. Josi, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, Tolvanen, Bonino, Ekholm, and apparently now Turris too? Wow, I am quite impressed. Maybe it is a way to "get away from it all" for them, but I have to think it'd be easier to do something else and not think about ANY kind of hockey for a while.
Haven't been keeping up but I'd have to assume that Canada was scoring too many goals and wanted to give everyone else a fighting chance.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

This post needs more attention. Some truth in it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Have the Preds released the usual post season injury report? Or was the whole team healthily sucking ass?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Have the Preds released the usual post season injury report? Or was the whole team healthily sucking ass?
josi, fiala, forsberg, arvy, ekholm, bonino are all playing for their countries so they definitely were healthy. and i haven't heard of anyone else being injured except obviously fisher. seems we were about as completely healthy as it can get for the NHL playoffs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
josi, fiala, forsberg, arvy, ekholm, bonino are all playing for their countries so they definitely were healthy. and i haven't heard of anyone else being injured except obviously fisher. seems we were about as completely healthy as it can get for the NHL playoffs.

And still sh*t the bed.
And last year we were two games from the Cup with effing Sissions as our 1 C.

Goddammit I thought I was better but now I need to vomit. Again.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
IMG_4696.PNG

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I know I’m probably in the vast minority but some of you guys are going way overboard with Rinne.

There is plenty of blame to go around but many seem to be focusing solely on him.

Where are the funny Josi “disappearing” pics? Or any of the 6 or 7 others that could be named?

Pekka was not good enough- no argument.

But to me, the play of our defense in front of him, including our #1 D pair- was the biggest issue we had

Pekka was long gone from game 7 and it was freaking 2-1 in the first period- it’s not like we were down 4-0- and we still couldn’t get it done

Heck, had our D played the way they are supposed to, we could have won the freaking series in 6 games- even with the way Pekka played in those first 6 games

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Josi and Ellis seem to get a pass for the most part. If they had provided even half the production they are capable of then we'd be playing Vegas right now. They were horrendous defensively and just as bad offensively. These are supposed to be leaders of this team. Where was that on display during the Jets series?

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad