Observations, Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
wow. 20 game suspension for wideman. that's a fine of 565k bucks for him. actually thought they would make it only 10 or so, but can't say I blame them for 20

Right where I expected it to be; and, now he and the player's union will appeal and it will be reduced to 10 or so .... my guess

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
To those saying it will likely be appealed down to 10-15, how? What defense does he have? SiriusXM NHL Radio blasted holes through any defense he could possibly have.

If he appeals, his appeal is heard by Bettman, then a 3rd party.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
To those saying it will likely be appealed down to 10-15, how? What defense does he have? SiriusXM NHL Radio blasted holes through any defense he could possibly have.

If he appeals, his appeal is heard by Bettman, then a 3rd party.

I'm not saying I think it deserves to be reduced ... just that the union will appeal and likely get it reduced.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not saying I think it deserves to be reduced ... just that the union will appeal and likely get it reduced.

The players union may appeal, but the officials union and league will fight back HARD. There has not been one angle presented that I have seen that has not had major holes blown through it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Apparently it's now known he suffered a concussion on the hit. I'm guessing he had no idea what was going on and started coming out of a fog right as the play was coming back at him. He saw someone skating towards him and didn't want that pain to come again so he reacted. I doubt there was any malicious intent. unfortunately for him it was an official and not a player.

Lebrun:
https://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun/status/695048784783478784

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Then the Flames need to be severely punished for allowing a concussed player on the ice without going through the protocol. Frankly somewhere in the range of what he has to pay out of his pocket would be a nice start.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
nothing has been said anywhere that I've seen about us giving up only 1 goal for 5 consecutive games for the first time in our history even by the really defense first teams. (not that I've actually been looking :laugh:).

but this is some streak we are on defensively and in net and should be appreciated.

As weak as the offense was last game, continue to play like that on the defensive side of the ice and we will win a lot of games down the stretch. I can handle low scoring, low chance non-exciting games much better than I can losses.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
nothing has been said anywhere that I've seen about us giving up only 1 goal for 5 consecutive games for the first time in our history even by the really defense first teams. (not that I've actually been looking :laugh:).

but this is some streak we are on defensively and in net and should be appreciated.

As weak as the offense was last game, continue to play like that on the defensive side of the ice and we will win a lot of games down the stretch. I can handle low scoring, low chance non-exciting games much better than I can losses.

That is really a pretty remarkable stat when you think about it- the fact that it has never been done before in team history. As good as the Preds have been defensively over the past decade you would think it would have happened before........

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser

way too positive for these boards.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He most recently said(and I guess this is a compliment in his own way) that he's struggled with adjusting to Nashville, but the all star game and being caught up in all of the festivities helped.

If we take that as a snide comment then we need a bigger spine as a city. I'd say the same thing to my friends here if I moved to any other region of the country.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Rinne is dreadful this year. I really was hoping that the 4 game streak of 1 goal against was a turning point. Tonight, it feels like a mirage. He is destroying this teams chances so so so often. 6 goals on 19 shots....

Love the guy... Not sure what is happening .... It just is not coming together this year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I am usually a fairly optimistic fan compared to most on here, but after that game tonight, I am just about ready for this season to be over. By far and away the most frustrating season of any team I have ever been a fan of, and that is saying a lot.

The Flyers game was just a microcosm of our entire season. Outshoot them 40-19. Have SEVEN power plays- and lose 6-3. I have never, ever seen a year like this one when every breakdown we have winds up in the back of our net. 6 goals on 19 shots. That is beyond pathetic. And this against one of the worst offensive teams in the league- before tonight they had not scored more than 4 goals in a game all season.

We have had a bunch of terrible games this year but this one is pretty darn close to being the worst one in my opinion......

I am sure once I calm down I will feel differently, but right now I just want the season to be over. And because we are just 4 days removed from the pure joy of the All Star weekend it makes these last 2 games all the more depressing.......

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Well, so much for the momentum from the 4 gm win streak. Completely wasted.

I am usually a fairly optimistic fan compared to most on here, but after that game tonight, I am just about ready for this season to be over. By far and away the most frustrating season of any team I have ever been a fan of, and that is saying a lot.

The Flyers game was just a microcosm of our entire season. Outshoot them 40-19. Have SEVEN power plays- and lose 6-3. I have never, ever seen a year like this one when every breakdown we have winds up in the back of our net. 6 goals on 19 shots. That is beyond pathetic. And this against one of the worst offensive teams in the league- before tonight they had not scored more than 4 goals in a game all season.

We have had a bunch of terrible games this year but this one is pretty darn close to being the worst one in my opinion......

I am sure once I calm down I will feel differently, but right now I just want the season to be over. And because we are just 4 days removed from the pure joy of the All Star weekend it makes these last 2 games all the more depressing.......
I'm like you, always optimistic that good things will happen, the team will turn it around. But, This game just about squashed all my hopes that I held onto for the team turning things around and making a run.

I know the next game I'll still be believing we can win, but for now, it's a bad feeling about this team and their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany