Observations IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm not sure why anyone would expect people who have already plunked down a large amount of money for season tix to be enthused about paying for playoff tickets right now. It's nor about fan loyalty, it's about the fact that the product on the ice right now isn't worth paying the inflated playoff ticket price to see. The slump has come at the worst possible time for the team from a sales and marketing perspective

So you are saying that regardless of a team's record, regardless of the season they have had- that if a team slumps any time in the month leading up to the playoffs then fans shouldn't be expected to support their team in the playoffs????

In our case we could still wind up with one of the top 8 records in the entire league, yet our fans would be justified in saying "nope, not supporting the team" because of a 3 week slump?

Sorry, that is ridiculous- any season ticket holders who don't want their playoff tickets let me know, I'll take them.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I'm not sure why anyone would expect people who have already plunked down a large amount of money for season tix to be enthused about paying for playoff tickets right now. It's nor about fan loyalty, it's about the fact that the product on the ice right now isn't worth paying the inflated playoff ticket price to see. The slump has come at the worst possible time for the team from a sales and marketing perspective

Not arguing the perspective, but.... in you're a FSTH you're getting your tix at FSTH price, so actually discounted - for the 1st round. Half I don't remember exactly, but if it's more than normal, it's only a couple bucks and still below face is gonna' be.

That said, I'm indeed not enthused about plunking down $$ for the 3rd place Preds; we get it together over the last 10 and are the 2nd place Preds I'll probably be a bit more enthusiastic, although still POd that we got that red-menace in our barn and the whole 'what coulda' been'...... and if I'm being honest, I think I'd rather fall all the way to 4th and play Anaheim than I would be on the 3-home-game side of a series with Chitaco.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Robby Stanley @RStanley247
· 21h 21 hours ago
Laviolette said he hasn't talked to Wilson yet and that he's being evaluated

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Arvidsson called up on emergency basis....no doubt for if Wilson cant play, whatever the issue is.
wouldn't doubt it being a groin since they were doing a very "training camp like" uptempo practice yesterday

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Stu was on the radio this morning, dismissing any notion that anyone should be "panicking," because every team goes through a tough stretch every season, and the team has been "playing well, just not coming up with points to show for it" :help:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Stu was on the radio this morning, dismissing any notion that anyone should be "panicking," because every team goes through a tough stretch every season, and the team has been "playing well, just not coming up with points to show for it" :help:

Poor Stu has his vision clouded by the number of championship rings on his hand.....

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Stu sucks, but that's at least sort of accurate as of late. We went through stretches of the Anaheim and Minnesota games where we beat them up and down the ice but got 1 point out of it.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
fans panic. coaches and players get 'desperate' trying any conceivable line combinations. basically it's the same thing. play poorly and lose to BUF tomorrow and then i'll become desperate. and even more angry.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

The team has been playing well in the last 5 games. Take away the awful 6 game losing streak, and the last 5 games are viewed drastically differently.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Lindback is starting tonight for the Sabres so we will probably get Chad Johnson. If this team does not light the Sabres up tomorrow night the next three games could well be disastrous.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The team has been playing well in the last 5 games. Take away the awful 6 game losing streak, and the last 5 games are viewed drastically differently.

Two third period collapses, failure of the top six to score in regulation, needing OT to beat one of the worst teams in the conference ... that's the last five games. Rinne did have a good run of about 11 periods to start the road trip but had problems over the past four periods of play.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

This team the last 5 games: Scored just one goal in regulation against the league's worst team, manages a win in OT. Shut out against a middling San Jose team. Wins, but only scores 2 goals against LA. Once again scores just 2 goals and gives up 4 in the 3rd period in another loss. Yet again scores just 2 goals and loses to the Wild.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can possibly say that this team has been playing well in the last 5 games. As a matter of fact, this team has scored more then two goals just twice over its last 10 games, and those games were where they scored just 3.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
This team the last 5 games: Scored just one goal in regulation against the league's worst team, manages a win in OT. Shut out against a middling San Jose team. Wins, but only scores 2 goals against LA. Once again scores just 2 goals and gives up 4 in the 3rd period in another loss. Yet again scores just 2 goals and loses to the Wild.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can possibly say that this team has been playing well in the last 5 games. As a matter of fact, this team has scored more then two goals just twice over its last 10 games, and those games were where they scored just 3.

agreed. We're not getting blown out, but that doesn't mean we're playing particularly well.

I thought we played pretty well vs Minnesota, but Rinne crapped the bed.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So we are a team that can't score, and now it looks like we will be missing both Neal and Wilson tomorrow.

Things just keep getting better!!!!!

:help::help::help:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
after a full week and neal not even skating in yesterday's practice, well that's a little worrisome. since they said upper body, you immediately worry over concussion symptoms. or something broken.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
after a full week and neal not even skating in yesterday's practice, well that's a little worrisome. since they said upper body, you immediately worry over concussion symptoms. or something broken.

Hopefully not that shoulder again.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wouldn't surprise me if we don't have several guys playing with nagging injuries. Just to me, Weber hasn't played the same since he got knocked out in that Winnipeg game and we were right up to game time wondering if he would actually play.

Rinne is pretty obvious he hasn't been as good since his.

Ellis is getting better but still not the same.

Pretty sure Franson was dealing with something ( can't remember what) before we even traded for him.

Now there is Neal, Wilson and Nystrom ( could care less).

It wouldn't shock me at all to find out that part of this bad play is due too several key guys playing with some injuries.

I'm sure everyone will just label that as an excuse that shouldn't matter though.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Didn't they say that it was a nagging injury (implying that it is something that he had been playing through) during the broadcast of the first game that Neal missed?

The nagging injury comment was Lavi talking about Neals injury. The only thing I have seen about Wilson is upper body. With his history of shoulder issues even with surgery it is concerning. Hopefully Wilson is just a bruise that he will work thru in a few days. And hopefully Neal will be able to return soon as well if they miss extended periods not only does it hurt the regular season games there going to be behind the curve for post season play.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The nagging injury comment was Lavi talking about Neals injury. The only thing I have seen about Wilson is upper body. With his history of shoulder issues even with surgery it is concerning. Hopefully Wilson is just a bruise that he will work thru in a few days. And hopefully Neal will be able to return soon as well if they miss extended periods not only does it hurt the regular season games there going to be behind the curve for post season play.

I'm not going to be overly concerned about them missing time until about 4-5 games out, at that point it becomes a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad