Observations IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
All I can say is if someone chooses not to go to a PLAYOFF game in Nashville because of Chicago fans, we're already losing the battle before the game even starts.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
All I can say is if someone chooses not to go to a PLAYOFF game in Nashville because of Chicago fans, we're already losing the battle before the game even starts.
"By popular request from you, the Predators faithful, we are 'Growing the Gold' this post season. This may mean some new ticketing policies will be introduced."

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
"By popular request from you, the Predators faithful, we are 'Growing the Gold' this post season. This may mean some new ticketing policies will be introduced."
lol it might as well say "By popular request from you, the Predators faithful, we are 'Growing the Gold' this post season. In the event of a series against Chicago or St. Louis, we will try and keep them away."

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
lol it might as well say "By popular request from you, the Predators faithful, we are 'Growing the Gold' this post season. In the event of a series against Chicago or St. Louis, we will try and keep them away."

Of course it is. I know you will still see their fans here, but these policies will stem the amount in the building:

Select Marquee Matchups:

Tickets for the playoffs may only be sold in our market and will be paperless (i.e. fans must scan the credit card used to purchase the tickets to enter the building).

Smashville Proud:

For select playoff games season-ticket holders must use their passport to enter Bridgestone Arena.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
just for laughs here were Wayne Gretzky's 1971-1972 stats in midget hockey (against older players);

Season:1971-72
Team: Brantford Nadrofsky Steelers
League: Midget
GP: 85
G: 378
A: 139
TP: 517

(stolen from main board)

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
just for laughs here were Wayne Gretzky's 1971-1972 stats in midget hockey (against older players);

(stolen from main board)

My mind literally was just blown because of that ... :help: ... more than 4.5 goals/game

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Like everyone else on here, I have pretty much been losing my mind over this horrible collapse. I haven't even looked at the standings in over a week, but today I forced myself to look.

And if you want to find some small ray of light, something positive: it is pretty darn amazing that despite a 2-9 record the past 3 weeks, we are still right there in the race for the best record, even though it feels like we are 20 points back.

We STILL have more points than the mighty Blackhawks, the Penguins, Red Wings, Islanders, Lightning, Kings.

It just shows how incredible a season we were having before this slump.

Hopefully we can finish strong......

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

(stolen from main board)

That's getting it done.

Question anyone have a link to the Ford Ice center player stats. I coached a kid in 2009 that scored 3 a game in the league(only due to a 3 goal max per player per game) I would like to see if the kid continued.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am torn about going if we play the hawks. I want to support my team but I don't want to end up on the wrong side of an altercation. Maybe if I am medicated, I could go.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Well, I am off that week, but I'd only be driving down to the Madhouse for what'd likely be game 2. I'm assuming I'd need to call the Preds directly if I wanted to do something for game 3 &/or 4, and take a picture of my desktop to prove I'm not a Hawks fan.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just watching Blues/Jets tonight, which is a possible first round match up.

The playoffs this year are going to be incredible- there is only around a 10-12 point difference in the 1 and 8 seeds- can't remember a more evenly balanced season.

The Blues may be the best team in the league but a series against Winnipeg would be an absolute war, as would most every other series.

Nothing can happen that would shock me in the first round- the 7's and 8's can easily win in the first round.

Minnesota against anyone in the first round- think they can't win?

Boston or Washington in the East- they could easily knock off Montreal or NY.

Aside from a stress level of about 1,000 about the Preds fate, I can't wait for the playoffs- it is going to be awesome.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
For a regular season game I completely understand giving up your tix because you don't want to deal with the negatives regarding Hawks games- but in the playoffs its a whole different deal- we need every single season ticket holder in their seat...
That is my fear. That the team will be still in this slump and that people will not even buy playoff tickets. I've heard some season ticket holders say they aren't even going to sign up because they don't think the team would even win a game. And a couple said that they are signing up, but if we have to play a certain team, they aren't sure if they will come.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That is my fear. That the team will be still in this slump and that people will not even buy playoff tickets. I've heard some season ticket holders say they aren't even going to sign up because they don't think the team would even win a game. And a couple said that they are signing up, but if we have to play a certain team, they aren't sure if they will come.
Well it's good to know we've still got that minor league city mindset at heart. And if they aren't buying tickets because "financially it wouldn't be worth it to see us lose", that's minor league support in a nutshell. Also, this is the same fan base that rips Chicago people for being bandwagoners, right?

As far as people not coming if we play Chicago, people can do what they want but I'd hope that our fan base wouldn't just roll over and concede defeat because of visiting fans. Nothing says we've arrived as a hockey market like saying "screw it I'm not going to a playoff game because of the away fans."

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If this going to turn into another useless argument about fan loyalty???? In Observations?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I'm not sure why anyone would expect people who have already plunked down a large amount of money for season tix to be enthused about paying for playoff tickets right now. It's nor about fan loyalty, it's about the fact that the product on the ice right now isn't worth paying the inflated playoff ticket price to see. The slump has come at the worst possible time for the team from a sales and marketing perspective

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Feb 12 ... the last time we beat a team currently in a playoff position. Since then, we've won one game against a team with a shot at the playoffs. Earlier in the season, we could count on wins against the lower tier teams and a decent record against playoff teams ... now we're fighting to get points even against teams like the Yotes.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I don't care who we are playing, I don't care who may or may not in the building, I don't care what our record is in the last X games..first time back to playoffs in 2 years. I will be there.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Doesn't matter what you did during the season. Doesn't matter how you got there. Every team starts with 0 wins in the playoffs.

While it will be important to pull out of this slump before the playoffs start just to gain some confidence back, with the parity of the playoff teams, it doesn't really matter what position that we finish in. The 1st round match-ups are going to be a crap shoot. In fact, I'd rather start in the 2-3 slot rather than #1. The #1 seed draws a wildcard team which is essentially a team that has been playing "playoff hockey" for a month.

If I were Lavy, I'd tell the team that we will use the last 10 games to tune up our game for the playoffs. Take the pressure off of winning and losing. Change the mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad