Observations IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Something interesting will be the game tomorrow. Airlines are cancelling all flights to Nashville today. The Sharks also played last night so they could not really travel ahead of the system. I would assume this would mean the Sharks may end up traveling on the day of the game, which could provide for some jet lag.

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
Something interesting will be the game tomorrow. Airlines are cancelling all flights to Nashville today. The Sharks also played last night so they could not really travel ahead of the system. I would assume this would mean the Sharks may end up traveling on the day of the game, which could provide for some jet lag.

Are Franson and Santorelli already in town? I was hoping they got in yesterday...

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I know everyone is talking about how this trade improves our PP but since Fisher has been back, the PP% is either at 20% or 24%. They showed the stat on TV the other night against the Devils. Our PK and PP% combined since Fisher is back is at 105% or thereabouts. Having Franson gives us more options on the PP but it's not like we've been bad on the PP for the last 30 games or so.

This goes for all fan bases and something I notice around here, once something happens, good or more importantly, bad, we tend to think that's the case when things have actually changed. People have worried about the special teams but that has improved dramatically. We have blown leads in games and we did so frequently in a stretch of games but in reality, we haven't blown as many games as we think we have but tend to give that small sample size the bulk of our worry.

We all thought Forsberg would fall off with the production he's had but he continues to play well. We worry about Ribeiro and his poor FO% yet he and his linemates continue to produce.

I remember when Suter was improving dramatically yet people still thought he was the dredge of hockey and a bust of a pick when in reality he was blossoming.

Jones is blossoming in front of us but because he'll still make a gaffe or two during a game, we focus on that than all the good to great things he's been doing, especially since Ellis went down.

Franson and Santorelli are different players than when they left. Franson is more physical which was always a knock on him. Santorelli has a motor that will go great with Jarnkrok and Forsberg if he stays on that line.

Remember a few weeks ago I suggested swapping the lines out some and having one of our top 6 pushed down to the third line to get favorable matchups and now we see Forsberg there and he had a pretty good game the other night. The speed and relentless play that this third line has the capability of could make us a very dangerous team. We already are but this could really push us over the edge.

My question is Poile acquired Santorelli and I'm sure he consulted Lavy which means Lavy wanted someone in the lineup on the bench or pushed to perform better. We will see who sits on Tuesday and/or what the lines will be.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
My understanding is they were having visa trouble and may not make it for tomorrow.

Not sure I'd call it trouble, more like bad timing for the trade. Should have happened Thursday if he was going to do it if they wanted to get them in the lineup asap. Trade happened on a Sunday when the Feds are closed. Monday is a Federal Holiday. That leaves them having to wait until Tuesday.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Not sure I'd call it trouble, more like bad timing for the trade. Should have happened Thursday if he was going to do it if they wanted to get them in the lineup asap. Trade happened on a Sunday when the Feds are closed. Monday is a Federal Holiday. That leaves them having to wait until Tuesday.

One would think they could travel here as visitors, same as they would for any Toronto game and then get the Visa stuff done while they're here. But I'm guessing its something like they can't officially work for an American company until they have the right US Visa. But at this point, they're not traveling here today anyhow.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
One would think they could travel here as visitors, same as they would for any Toronto game and then get the Visa stuff done while they're here. But I'm guessing its something like they can't officially work for an American company until they have the right US Visa. But at this point, they're not traveling here today anyhow.

I would say the deal with traveling as Visitors as you were referring such as if they were playing for Toronto would be worked out weeks in advance and not last minute like this situation.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I am just wondering if fans are even going to be able to get to the arena?- According to the forecast it isn't going to be above freezing in Nashville until Saturday, so not much chance for the ice/snow to melt........

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I am just wondering if fans are even going to be able to get to the arena?- According to the forecast it isn't going to be above freezing in Nashville until Saturday, so not much chance for the ice/snow to melt........

I bought Sharks tickets around Thanksgiving and been so excited about coming from far east Tennessee (Kingsport area). Best seats I've ever bought, right above the Preds exit ... 8 rows off the ice with no one in front.

Oh well, hope my Nashville friends can use the tickets because I can't get there and back home in this weather..

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I bought Sharks tickets around Thanksgiving and been so excited about coming from far east Tennessee (Kingsport area). Best seats I've ever bought, right above the Preds exit ... 8 rows off the ice with no one in front.

Oh well, hope my Nashville friends can use the tickets because I can't get there and back home in this weather..

Maybe contact the team and see if you can trade them for another game due to the weather. I have traded tickets in the past.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't really think this amount of snow would have been grounds for a canceling a game anyways....

It's more of the ice than it is snow. I live 6 miles north east from downtown and all I have is ice, no snow. And if the visiting team could not get to the arena, then it would be grounds for postponement.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
It's more of the ice than it is snow. I live 6 miles north east from downtown and all I have is ice, no snow. And if the visiting team could not get to the arena, then it would be grounds for postponement.

John Glennon reported that Ellis skated with the team at practice today. If the players were expected to get downtown today, I assume the Sharks can get there from the airport.

By the way, its all ice where I live south of Murfreesboro too.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
John Glennon reported that Ellis skated with the team at practice today. If the players were expected to get downtown today, I assume the Sharks can get there from the airport.

By the way, its all ice where I live south of Murfreesboro too.

It's not from the airport, it is landing at the airport. If you look at the flight list for today, about 90% of all flights have been cancelled and they are already cancelling flights for tomorrow. I suppose they could always land somewhere else and take a bus in.

http://flynashville.com/flights/Pages/real-time-flight-info.aspx

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
charter flights come into a different area of the airport. I don't think they use the same runways.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
charter flights come into a different area of the airport. I don't think they use the same runways.

Which I may be wrong in this, but I would think that would make it worse on this situation. You would think they would focus on the busiest runways first.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
It's not from the airport, it is landing at the airport. If you look at the flight list for today, about 90% of all flights have been cancelled and they are already cancelling flights for tomorrow. I suppose they could always land somewhere else and take a bus in.

http://flynashville.com/flights/Pages/real-time-flight-info.aspx

That cancellation list is pretty long. I guess they could land in Chattanooga. But I wouldn't want to be on a bus going over Signal Mountain tonight. I hope the game is rescheduled. I have tickets and likely won't make it there from Wartrace.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The interstates are pretty clear. As long as they can get downtown, there will be a game. And you only have to keep one runway cleared for the charter to land.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I doubt going to Chattanooga would be an option, getting over Mount Eagle may be impossible ( if it isn't already). They did say they are down to one runway but they are doing everything they can to keep it open so they may be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad