Confirmed with Link: [NYR/VAN] Wyatt Kalynuk for future considerations

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This makes sense if we needed the contract slot, but we don't. Seems like it's just weakening Abbotsford for the playoffs by trading their #2 or #3 defender.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Canucks free up a contract slot. Maybe looking to sign some college free agents / junior prospects?

Yep.

Out: Horvat, Stillman, Lazar, Kalynuk
In: Beauvillier, Raty, Kravtsov, Hronek

Missed anyone?

Stillman, Lazar and Kalynuk leaving get is 3 roster back E need to take runs at college players. Canucks definitely need Dmen so fingers crossed for Livingstone.

60/40? I don't like it lol

Better than I expected. I'll take those odds. McDonough and Livingstone are the kind of moves the Canucks need to pull off and have them succeed to make the current plans work out. We need some assets from nowhere that cost us nothing.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yep.

Out: Horvat, Stillman, Lazar, Kalynuk
In: Beauvillier, Raty, Kravtsov, Hronek

Missed anyone?

Stillman, Lazar and Kalynuk leaving get is 3 roster back E need to take runs at college Dmen. Canucks definitely need Dmen so fingers crossed.

Better than I expected. I'll take those odds.
That out VS. in looks promising when it doesn't include draft picks!

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks basically exchanged Horvat for three players; Beauvillier, Raty and Hronek. So they were probably getting tight in terms of contracts.

Canucks have been linked a number of NCAA free agents, including Jake Livingston, a 6'4" right shot d-man who hails from Creston B.C and played his junior hockey in the BCJHL.

From all reports he's at the top of the NCAA free agent board this April. Would certainly ease the loss of Kalynuk for the Abby Canucks.,

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't sign here if I were him. This team is filled with Wingers.

Yup. If I were the agent for Jake Livingstone, I'd be telling him to sign whatever Vancouver puts in front of him because it's an absurdly good situation for him.

If I were the agent for Aiden McDonough, I'd be telling him to go to UFA because I'd be highly dubious of his chances behind about 10 other similar scoring wingers.

With these guys who are 24, they get one shot. They have to make it basically right away. If they get stuck in the AHL for a season, they're 25 years old and yesterday's news and branded as minor-leaguers.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not very high on livingstone. his skating is nowhere near nhl level and he's probably too old to do much meaningful work on it. he reminds me a lot of matt kiersted who is only one year older but has been trying to crack the panthers roster and failing for a couple seasons now

he's still worth a contract because he's got size and who knows maybe that's enough but if i were the canucks i'd be working on signing bear and scouting free agent defenders with some pk ability and bottom pairing potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad