Confirmed Trade: [NYR/VAN] Wyatt Kalynuk for future considerations

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You can trade a player for nothing at any time. There is no requirement to send something back. Future considerations pretty much means "free" but it could also mean something akin to "last right of refusal on a future deal" or "call me if you need a favour later, and we will oblige"
yep,
on occasion, in NHL, 'Future considerations' has also been used
to move an NHL-signed AHL player to a different AHL team,
and paired with an AHL-level 'Future Considerations" trade to bring an AHL-signed player to the AHL team of the trading NHL team

AHL teams are also preparing their rosters for postseason and facing roster eligibility guidelines

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Sorry not getting your point. What do you think future considerations means?
In past, there was the term "player to be named later"
One thought i had re this, maybe 1, or both, teams wanted to see how TDL week played out, before deciding which 2nd player would come back to NYR to complete trade for Krav
I was answering to people who were saying this was to balance out the Kratsov deal. And the "future considerations" is just a white lie.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
How would the league know even if it was? If it was then it was just a gentleman’s agreement done over the phone over previous negotiations.
Kalynuk is playing in the AHL so trading him for future considerations wouldn’t really raise any eyebrows.
It is impossible to know. As long as there's no big advantage to doing it this way, it wont raise eyebrows. But nominally , there isn't supposed to be gentleman's agreements over the phone, that don't go through the league office.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yep,
on occasion, in NHL, 'Future considerations' has also been used
to move an NHL-signed AHL player to a different AHL team,
and paired with an AHL-level 'Future Considerations" trade to bring an AHL-signed player to the AHL team of the trading NHL team

AHL teams are also preparing their rosters for postseason and facing roster eligibility guidelines

SO actually it seems this was a case as I mentioned
simultaneously, NYR affilate sent an RD on AHL deal to Abbotsford
2023-03-03Zach Giuttari
Zach Giuttari (D)

Hartford
DELTraded to Abbotsford (AHL)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It is impossible to know. As long as there's no big advantage to doing it this way, it wont raise eyebrows. But nominally , there isn't supposed to be gentleman's agreements over the phone, that don't go through the league office.
It wouldn't matter at all. A GM is under no obligation to offer a player to every single team in the league. They can ship a player out for free to a single team based on past rapport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad