Proposal: NYR to ????

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
Just like the Mike milbury era for the Islanders. Hard to believe that Chara was once an islander.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
2 firsts and Georgiev? Thats a hell of a price, you could get quite a lot

Kerfoot could be gotten for a lot cheaper than that.
Tyler Johnson could probably be gotten

If I were New York though, I'd much prefer to keep the firsts unless something huge becomes available and you don't get borderline 1Cs on ELCs for even that much of a price.

Reactions: egelband

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Filip Chytil will be our 2C of the future. People don’t realize how good this kid is. He’s still very raw and far from his ceiling, I think he’ll break out next season and end up as a 55-65 point center. We can also just draft one with one of our 2 1st round picks. Strome has also worked perfectly with Panarin. A #1 LHD is a MUCH bigger need, someone like Ekholm, Lindholm, McDonagh, or Brodin

Ideally our lineup should look like this within 2 years

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kravtsov
Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
Lemieux-Strome-Gauthier
Howden-Andersson-Gettinger/Fast

Lindgren-Fox
(McD clone)-Trouba
Miller-DeAngelo

Have each defensive pair play around 20 mins a night and have them compete for ice time. Use some combination of Lundkvist, Georgiev, both or either of our 1sts, or another prospect to get that LHD

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

If I were New York though, I'd much prefer to keep the firsts unless something huge becomes available and you don't get borderline 1Cs on ELCs for even that much of a price.

Is it really though? What exactly does anything in this package do to entice a team to trade a legit Top 6 Center? The answer is absolutely nothing.

Maybe you get an >30 2C for that... But certainly not a younger Top 6 guy.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

But neither Kerfoot nor Johnson do much for the Rangers.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I doubt the Rangers are trading 2 first rounders for anyone who isn’t a young difference maker and since those types aren’t available, the only trade I could see them making otherwise would be to move up with those picks, targeting someone in this draft.

Reactions: bernmeister

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
As usual, people here over value their players way too much. Two first rounders and a young starting goalie is a ton to give up. If I was to target a center I would think Hertl is a good one. He's coming off a tough knee injury. Rangers need a top faceoff guy who can put up 60 plus points as the second center. . San Jose is loaded with terrible contracts. They need to rebuild. I would think a package of Georgiev, Hajek, Rykov and Strome is enough to get Hertl. Hajek and Rykov are two, talented lefty defense prospects. However, I suspect the Rangers will go with Miller and Robertson on the left side in a couple years. Strome can fill in for Hertl if they can sign him at a resonable price. They could also use him to deal for another prospect.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As usual, people here over value their players way too much. Two first rounders and a young starting goalie is a ton to give up. If I was to target a center I would think Hertl is a good one. He's coming off a tough knee injury. Rangers need a top faceoff guy who can put up 60 plus points as the second center. . San Jose is loaded with terrible contracts. They need to rebuild. I would think a package of Georgiev, Hajek, Rykov and Strome is enough to get Hertl. Hajek and Rykov are two, talented lefty defense prospects. However, I suspect the Rangers will go with Miller and Robertson on the left side in a couple years. Strome can fill in for Hertl if they can sign him at a resonable price. They could also use him to deal for another prospect.
Oh come on. As a NYR fan, that package is brutal for Hertl. Hajek has looked awful. Rykov is a question mark, and Strome is going want around 5 million after playing with Panarin and putting up 60 points. Getting a potential starter is nice, but it's not Hertl nice.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Oh come on. As a NYR fan, that package is brutal for Hertl. Hajek has looked awful. Rykov is a question mark, and Strome is going want around 5 million after playing with Panarin and putting up 60 points. Getting a potential starter is nice, but it's not Hertl nice.
I actually think you may be overrating Hertl a bit. He carries a 5.6M cap hit for the next two seasons. And then needs a contract. He's basically 6 months younger than Strome.

Add in three additional young pieces, and I'm not sure I make the trade from a Ranger POV. And I'm not sure SJ does.

We might be getting a little seduced by the memory for Hertl basically retiring Martin Biron.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I actually think you may be overrating Hertl a bit. He carries a 5.6M cap hit for the next two seasons. And then needs a contract. He's basically 6 months younger than Strome.

Add in three additional young pieces, and I'm not sure I make the trade from a Ranger POV. And I'm not sure SJ does.

We might be getting a little seduced by the memory for Hertl basically retiring Martin Biron.
Hertl is a little inconsistence, but he's still a great player. He had a pretty similar season to Zibanejad a season ago, plus he's good on the dot. A 1-2 punch of Zibby and Hertl would be amazing for us and worth giving up a goalie who's going to end up our backup, and 2 players that may never fully make a permanent roster spot. Strome had a good season with us, but I don't trust him to close out games or be a key player for us. I may think highly of Hertl compared to some, but nothing we're giving up is going to hurt us in the long run.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
You're lost. Georgiev is a young, future starter goalie. That in itself is a lot. Hajek has not been brutal. Total lie. He was playing fine before he got hurt. Rykov is pretty talented. Hertl is coming off a severe knee injury. He's nowhere near close to the 75 point player he was. If you look at his season this year before he went down he was average at best. His career high before his 75 point season was 46 points over 5 seasons. He was on average for 61 points this year while being a -31. Problem with fans like yourself is you look at 6 years of a players career and take his highest point total season and think he's now that kind of player. Hertl has been basically and even +/- player over his career. Strome has been a plus player over his career. You make it seem like he's garbage. The only reason I would give up that which I deem overpayment for a guy that has been pretty much a 46 point player is because of his faceoff ability. Do I think he can be a 60+ guy with Panarin. Yep. Do I think he'll rot on the Sharks and do nothing going forward. Yep. The Sharks have 2 goalies who are 30 and their team is going nowhere. They have an old, defense with terrible contracts. They need to find someway to move at least 2 to 3 bad contracts even if it means eating half of them.

Hertl isn't close to being a great player and comparing him to Zibanejad is insulting. He's not half the player Zibanejad is. When you watch Zibanejad play now you see a guy that is clearly one of the top 2 to 4 players on the ice every game when looking at both teams playing. You never see that with Hertl. He would be a better compliment to Panarin than Strome. Agree. However, if you think getting a young, starting goalie and two talented, left handed defenseman with Strome is not enough, you are lost. Hertl's value will only drop like a rock on that team. Plus, if he comes back from this injury much like Hall did and his game is substantially less, you won't get jack for him.

Last edited:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The Rangers look like they have taken a step forward before the stoppage happened. They are set in goal, have solid depth with talented players in NHL and prospects on D and F. Where they are lacking is a true #2.

What Center can the Rangers get if they offer:

Both 1st round picks this year and Georgiev?

NYR 2020 1st
Carolina 2020 1st
Georgiev
Strome
B. Smith

For

Toews
Entwistle

---

I think Toews would be a fantastic add for the Rangers. He can bring the leadership that brings the talented young roster together.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Ton of respect for Toews but that is too much and his salary doesn't make sense for NY. A guy who is a top faceoff center and is an under the radar guy is Danault. He's real good defensively and his offense should be OK with Panarin. Price is getting old. Montreal is going nowhere and they don't draft particularly well. I would think NY could acquire him. I would think he's a fan favorite in Montreal but when your future in goal is bleak and you need as many decent young prospects as you can get, he should be moved at 27.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ton of respect for Toews but that is too much and his salary doesn't make sense for NY. A guy who is a top faceoff center and is an under the radar guy is Danault. He's real good defensively and his offense should be OK with Panarin. Price is getting old. Montreal is going nowhere and they don't draft particularly well. I would think NY could acquire him. I would think he's a fan favorite in Montreal but when your future in goal is bleak and you need as many decent young prospects as you can get, he should be moved at 27.

Hahahahahahaha

What planet do you live on? Danault is near untouchable and centers a line with the best corsi statline in the league and is on a steal of a contract.

Habs goaltending is assured now and into the future. Cayden Primeau is emerging as our future #1. The last thing the Habs would do is trade for another goaltender. That is ridiculous!

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If Danault is near untouchable, your team has absolutely not future and no chance of doing anything for the next decade. They must have some good whiskey up in Toronto.

Reactions: egelband

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Danault is near untouchable, your team has absolutely not future and no chance of doing anything for the next decade. They must have some good whiskey up in Toronto.

Your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Although I think you clearly are an expert on whiskey (consumption).

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Reasonable asks for both 1sts (protected) and Georgiev might be:

Sean Monahan
William Karlsson
Richard Rakell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Reasonable asks for both 1sts (protected) and Georgiev might be:

Sean Monahan
William Karlsson
Richard Rakell

I can't imagine Calgary or Vegas doing those deals. As far as Anaheim the firsts are nice but with Gibson in net they don't need geo.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Maybe you can have Kadri in summer 2021 once Newhook and Bowers have made the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad