Dreger: NYR to buy out Tony DeAngelo in the Summer.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
use your head, is he a goner because he has a political stance that a lot of the league shares or is it because he’s an asshole?

and you may be right on the lawsuit front but he’s about to have a giant contract more or less terminated....it’s not gonna be because he voted red lol

What makes you think his brand of conservatism is actually shared by a lot of the league? They're not all alike. He could very well be an asshole about his trumpism. And someone very vocal possibly to the point of being obnoxious to teammates about it could be bought out due to it.

I actually don't know because none of this shit has actually been discussed publicly to the degree that being definitive about it is a sound logical decision. You seem to think that your speculation is so obvious that it should be easy to defend with citable evidence but it seems like you're talking out of your ass like the snowflakes you want to lambast.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
so there are millions of aholes, should they all lose their jobs?

if they have a continuous pattern of abusing teammates and causing locker room dysfunction then yes.

professional sports franchises don’t like cancers- why do you think so many teams have moved on from him? Teams have cut bait with him at every level because he is a malignant tumor.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What makes you think his brand of conservatism is actually shared by a lot of the league? They're not all alike. He could very well be an asshole about his trumpism. And someone very vocal possibly to the point of being obnoxious to teammates about it could be bought out due to it.

I actually don't know because none of this shit has actually been discussed publicly to the degree that being definitive about it is a sound logical decision. You seem to think that your speculation is so obvious that it should be easy to defend with citable evidence but it seems like you're talking out of your ass like the snowflakes you want to lambast.

yeah I’m the one talking out of my ass, not the complete dumbasses who are willfully oblivious to the reality that DeAngelo has had a million chances and has blown every single one of them :laugh:

again you can hear quacking and think it’s an eagle if you want, I’m gonna be over here in reality

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
if they have a continuous pattern of abusing teammates and causing locker room dysfunction then yes.

professional sports franchises don’t like cancers- why do you think so many teams have moved on from him? Teams have cut bait with him at every level because he is a malignant tumor.

So many teams? only 1 team is getting rid of him, other 2 used him as a trade. Your argument is very very weak.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
yeah I’m the one talking out of my ass, not the complete dumbasses who are willfully oblivious to the reality that DeAngelo has had a million chances and has blown every single one of them :laugh:

again you can hear quacking and think it’s an eagle if you want, I’m gonna be over here in reality

You can't even support your opinion with anything. You might want to slow your roll. You quite simply don't know that his politics aren't involved and you need to get over yourself that you could be very wrong about your thinking.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You can't even support your opinion with anything. You might want to slow your roll. You quite simply don't know that his politics aren't involved and you need to get over yourself that you could be very wrong about your thinking.

Summer 2017 New York Rangers Prospect Rankings: 1-5

Let me guess blah blah blah fake news he’s making it up. We have a confirmed OHL insider on our own board who is on the record as more or less saying that everything that’s out there about DeAngelo is true. His own dad is on video defending his bigotry.

but yeah everybody’s a meanie to him because he voted the same way 74+ million ppl voted. It couldn’t possibly be that he’s an asshole, it’s definitely the politics.

Like that quote from a source in the article says- “There’s plenty out there for anyone with a brain to figure out the kind of guy he is”. I think I’ll sign off on that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Summer 2017 New York Rangers Prospect Rankings: 1-5

Let me guess blah blah blah fake news he’s making it up. We have a confirmed OHL insider on our own board who is on the record as more or less saying that everything that’s out there about DeAngelo is true. His own dad is on video defending his bigotry.

but yeah everybody’s a meanie to him because he voted the same way 74+ million ppl voted. It couldn’t possibly be that he’s an asshole, it’s definitely the politics.

Like that quote from a source in the article says- “There’s plenty out there for anyone with a brain to figure out the kind of guy he is”. I think I’ll sign off on that.

But somehow you think his politics aren't involved when a lot of what he carries with him is inherently political? I don't get why you're so hung up on thinking that when a lot of what's out there on him is his political leanings and his abrasiveness.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
But somehow you think his politics aren't involved when a lot of what he carries with him is inherently political? I don't get why you're so hung up on thinking that when a lot of what's out there on him is his political leanings and his abrasiveness.

I really don't want to get into a long drawn out argument over this but the two bolded things are mutually exclusive. He got shit canned because he couldn't or wouldn't stfu, leave his crap at the locker room door and play hockey.

Whether the thing he wouldn't stfu about was politics, fashion or whether "The Phantom Menace" was the best movie in the Star Wars franchise makes no difference. He was still let go because he was abrasive.

If he came into work and quietly did his job and then went home, logged onto 4chan or whatever the **** it is now and followed 'breadcrumbs' about the number 13 and the color purple, no one would give a shit and he'd still be on the Rangers.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
his junior team got rid of him for being a cancer. Do you ever wonder why a first round pick that seemingly has talent keeps moving around and is now getting bought out?

maybe it keeps following him around because he keeps doing dumb shit...

talented 1st rounders get moved around all the time. From anything I read I don't see what he did so bad to deserve being waived. He was pissed with coach's unfair treatment of him and he had a right to be pissed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I really don't want to get into a long drawn out argument over this but the two bolded things are mutually exclusive. He got shit canned because he couldn't or wouldn't stfu, leave his crap at the locker room door and play hockey.

Whether the thing he wouldn't stfu about was politics, fashion or whether "The Phantom Menace" was the best movie in the Star Wars franchise makes no difference. He was still let go because he was abrasive.

If he came into work and quietly did his job and then went home, logged onto 4chan or whatever the **** it is now and followed 'breadcrumbs' about the number 13 and the color purple, no one would give a shit and he'd still be on the Rangers.

I sincerely doubt fashion or entertainment discussions regardless of how animated it got would ever contribute to this sort of result. It's also never been something that has followed him unlike the other things but I do agree he could've kept the political beliefs if he wasn't public about it.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I sincerely doubt fashion or entertainment discussions regardless of how animated it got would ever contribute to this sort of result. It's also never been something that has followed him unlike the other things but I do agree he could've kept the political beliefs if he wasn't public about it.

I was using hyperbole BUT

If we were co workers and every single time I saw you - whether you were on a break or doing something super important that required focus I came up to you and started in...

"The thing you NEED to understand about The Phantom Menace is..."

over and over and over...

I'm guessing you would eventually go to management and say "You GOTTA get this ****ing guy AWAY from me!"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I was using hyperbole BUT

If we were co workers and every single time I saw you - whether you were on a break or doing something super important that required focus I came up to you and started in...

"The thing you NEED to understand about The Phantom Menace is..."

over and over and over...

I'm guessing you would eventually go to management and say "You GOTTA get this ****ing guy AWAY from me!"

And management would tell you to suck it up under those circumstances. This sort of stuff goes beyond that is my point.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
And management would tell you to suck it up under those circumstances. This sort of stuff goes beyond that is my point.

And management tells me to suck it up and I don't - I keep on going and I'm fired.

Fired for being abrasive and agitating my coworkers - not because I have seemingly unending passion for a particular Star Wars film.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And management tells me to suck it up and I don't - I keep on going and I'm fired.

Fired for being abrasive and agitating my coworkers - not because I have seemingly unending passion for a particular Star Wars film.

It's not going to be over that sort of issue no matter how hard you try.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It doesn’t matter. What does matter (in this hypothetical example) is that I was fired because I’m emotionally immature, have no self or impulse control and I’m agitating my coworkers.

That's great but it wouldn't happen on a hockey club. It has to meet an exceptionally high bar to warrant this sort of response and it's not going to come from being a star wars fanatic or a fashion nut.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As a Rangers Fan, I had his back all the way. Or most of. I neglected his off-Ice mishaps and focused my attention on what he does on the ice. Until it started infecting our locker room.

All Tony wants now is a shot to play hockey and avoid all the crap that follows him. Bitch, you should have had that approach the second you signed your contract extension.

Whoever gets Tony will be blown away by how creative and productive he is offensively. You’ll probably be surprised by the fact that he tries defensively too. If he can just STFU and play hockey, he’ll have a decent NHL career.

Reactions: leetch99

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
As a Rangers Fan, I had his back all the way. Or most of. I neglected his off-Ice mishaps and focused my attention on what he does on the ice. Until it started infecting our locker room.

All Tony wants now is a shot to play hockey and avoid all the crap that follows him. Bitch, you should have had that approach the second you signed your contract extension.

Whoever gets Tony will be blown away by how creative and productive he is offensively. You’ll probably be surprised by the fact that he tries defensively too. If he can just STFU and play hockey, he’ll have a decent NHL career.

The problem is that the "if" statement here - the can just shut the f*** up and play hockey - has ALWAYS been his problem. He has been repeatedly told that he's a good player but he needs to shut the f*** up, and he doesn't seem to get that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think politics and jackass go together with him. I'm sure there are some who share his views and so be it, you're entitled to do that. I just find it hard to believe that at a time when covid numbers are rising and NHL players are locked away together at a hotel, with nothing to do other than talk about current events - vaccine, restrictions, election, etc - that DeAngelo only had some social media opinions and wasn't being very vocal with the boys and staff. Views aside, it was probably "enough already", added to an already growing list the organization didn't like.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Did he start shit with K'Andre? Pretty sure they're buds. He's friends with Jones and Duclair as well, pretty weird for a racist

And not for nothing, he also played with Justin Bailey and Darnell Nurse.

If I were Tony I wouldn’t have accepted this either. Now I’m not sure exactly how buyouts work exactly, but I’d take the $4.8M this year + the reduced salary for as long as the buyout lasts + new salary over the reduced buyout salary + new salary. Assuming, of course, that the buyout means that I only get paid the buyout fee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad