Claimed off Waivers: [NYR] Rangers claim F Jake Leschyshyn off waivers from the Golden Knights

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
NYR been exceptionally healthy recent seasons, compared to many (see Caps, Avs, this season)

and NYR AHL affiliate lacks F depth (4 Fs currently hurt) only collecting points recently, no obvious callup guys either, glad they left 'Pack alone, for now

no downside here, can re-waive at any day

Not to go full contrarian because we see each other on the Rangers board but I'd say they've been fortunate with no serious injuries, yet only ok otherwise. There were a lot of games the Covid season and last year they had the Greg McKeggs, Phil Diguiseppes and Dryden Hunts of the world in their lineup all at the same time due to injuries.

Even in the playoffs at least three guys on their team were playing with lower body injuries that were anchors.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Screenshot_20230112_075745_Instagram.jpg

Plan the parade. I've literally never seen such a bad card.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not to go full contrarian because we see each other on the Rangers board but I'd say they've been fortunate with no serious injuries, yet only ok otherwise. There were a lot of games the Covid season and last year they had the Greg McKeggs, Phil Diguiseppes and Dryden Hunts of the world in their lineup all at the same time due to injuries.

Even in the playoffs at least three guys on their team were playing with lower body injuries that were anchors.
We've had some fortunate luck in the regular season when it comes to injuries. Playoffs, I mean everybody plays through injuries, but during our run it did seem that whenever we got to playoffs, half the team was skating on 1 leg.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

all true
really looking at teams which have lost many many man-games to injuries, and needing deep deep bench just to dress 12 and 6

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
O goals
0 assists
0 points

22 games this year

“This guy is a zero”……. Minus 7 plus/ minus

NYR …… paid $56250 in waiver fees plus travel costs to get him to NY from Vegas to eat popcorn 🍿 in the press Box!

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Besides Hague, is there a single player drafted by Vegas that has played a full season for the Golden Knights?

I haven't seen this much recklessness with draft picks / prospects since the Blues in the early 1990's

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Besides Hague, is there a single player drafted by Vegas that has played a full season for the Golden Knights?

I haven't seen this much recklessness with draft picks / prospects since the Blues in the early 1990's
And Rangers fans thought they cant draft well. That is a bit concerning

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

Doesn't help that they immediately went into win-now mode.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
People shitting on a player who know nothing about him
and flashing some joke advanced stats...

Good two-way center with solid offensive upside, good at face-offs.
Rangers got a good bottom 6 center, if they choose to use him.

Young player who just needs confidence.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I like this move as a Rangers fan. He is only 23. i like the upside here.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It would be nice if Vegas can have a 4th line that costs less than 5.8M next season. Hopefully they can pick him back off waivers by next season.

I think he can be an effective 4C.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
View attachment 634031

Plan the parade. I've literally never seen such a bad card.

Who is worse. Jake or Shawn Chambers from NHLPA 93. Because his player card reminds me of chambers stats.

And for those who are to young. Here is the background.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

Calm down Jake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad