Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Kevin Shattenkirk (4 Years, $6.65M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
get ready because if he goes to NJ it's going to be a ****ing AWFUL contract lol

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It gives Shattenkirk a chance to sign another big contract after this one

He's unlikely to get a monster contract at 32 given how many minutes he's gonna play the next 4 years and he's probably going to play at least 6-7 playoff rounds as well

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
GTFO people, $6.9M is awful for a guy who is one of the best offensive D's and one of the best PPQB's in his prime? Yeah OK.

Yes I think it is because he certainly didn't look good in the playoffs and being a PPQB doesn't justify 7 Million. That put's him at #11 for d man with people like Karlsson, Keith and OEL behind him

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's unlikely to get a monster contract at 32 given how many minutes he's gonna play the next 4 years and he's probably going to play at least 6-7 playoff rounds as well

Funny things happen in free agency. Remember this.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
If he goes to New Jersey too long and too much money, I do believe those fans of the Devils who believe in Ray Shero will start to sour.:shakehead

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Yes I think it is because he certainly didn't look good in the playoffs and being a PPQB doesn't justify 7 Million. That put's him at #11 for d man with people like Karlsson, Keith and OEL behind him

Not that I think he is worth 7 million, but you can't compare it do other contracts that were signed years ago. It's all refelective of their current market. You could find deals that look great/awful on any team if you went by that logic.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If he goes to New Jersey too long and too much money, I do believe those fans of the Devils who believe in Ray Shero will start to sour.:shakehead

NJ board has been hilarious in regards to Shattenkirk. Most want him but a vocal few do not.

I really don't know which side of the fence I'm on to be honest.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

So 10+ playoff games on a team he joined at the deadline overshadows a 400+ game career. Sounds about right.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It would be amazing if he went up to the Rangers podium, ripped of the blue shirt nWo style and was wearing a Devils jersey underneath.

Then hits Gorton with a Diamond Cutter.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

**** happens, caps blow ass.. so yeah, hard to perform with them.

I hate that argument, well no **** Sherlock. When did they sign their contracts?!

$ goes up you know, how much did they pay Greyzky annually when he played? Is Ovechkin better than him? He has made more $.

+$7M is going to be "normal" for players like Shatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad