Recalled/Assigned: #NYR have recalled forward Ryan Bourque and defenseman Chris Summers

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
OMG i LOVE Ryan Bourque's game... I want to see him play his heart out... I really want the guy to succeed. I feel like he's the next Dorsett IMO

LOL at Summers though... just waiting for a 6-5 loss lmao

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
OMG i LOVE Ryan Bourque's game... I want to see him play his heart out... I really want the guy to succeed. I feel like he's the next Dorsett IMO

LOL at Summers though... just waiting for a 6-5 loss lmao

Dont laugh too hard as summers is clearly the 8th D when everyone's healthy

Bourque could make the team next year as a cheap 4th liner

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Chris Summers had 264 pro games before this season began. The AHL limit for developmental players is 260 before the start of the season.

http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

I'm guessing that the callup of Summers over McIlrath has something to do with this rule.

Or perhaps the organization feels McIlrath shouldn't be playing against NHL competition. Are we allowed to consider that possibility at this point?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Or perhaps the organization feels McIlrath shouldn't be playing against NHL competition. Are we allowed to consider that possibility at this point?

If you have any logic to back it up.

Lets hear it. Lets hear why HFD should let go of their best defenseman in the middle of a huge playoff push, when they have three games this weekend; for something arbitrary like "resting our player". I'm listening.

Chris Summers had 264 pro games before this season began. The AHL limit for developmental players is 260 before the start of the season.

http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

I was thinking this, thanks for confirming.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Dont laugh too hard as summers is clearly the 8th D when everyone's healthy

Bourque could make the team next year as a cheap 4th liner

He actually has one of the cheapest contracts in our organization at around $550k... That's almost $1M less than Glass' cap hit, which is why I think they are focusing on running Lindberg, Bourque, and Klingberg into the lineup as soon as the deadline next year

I don't think so... The Vet rule that was posted above seems accurate. Pack needs to make the playoffs as they are in a tight race for a solid seed

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If you have any logic to back it up.

Lets hear it. Lets hear why HFD should let go of their best defenseman in the middle of a huge playoff push, when they have three games this weekend; for something arbitrary like "resting our player". I'm listening.

I was thinking this, thanks for confirming.

My logic is that the Rangers have had a couple of chances to bring him up for spot duty - to see how he looks against NHL'ers - and they haven't done so.

Is it strong logic? No, of course not. But its better logic than depicting a minor league playoff push as something thats more important than McIlrath's NHL development.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
maybe it's simply cap reasons. The bonuses Hayes could achieve might still exceed the accured cap space this season, so they want to save any penny possible.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
My logic is that the Rangers have had a couple of chances to bring him up for spot duty - to see how he looks against NHL'ers - and they haven't done so.

Is it strong logic? No, of course not. But its better logic than depicting a minor league playoff push as something thats more important than McIlrath's NHL development.

But the Rangers didn't call up Lindberg either, and he has been by far Hartford's best forward.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

This would make a LOT more sense if they called up Lindberg, Hrivik, or another forward, considering Bourque is like 4th-5th on the forward depth chart.

Chris Summers is also without a doubt below Kostka on the depth chart, and they didn't call him up either.

Summers also has to sit AHL games out because of the veteran limit.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
This would make a LOT more sense if they called up Lindberg, Hrivik, or another forward, considering Bourque is like 4th-5th on the forward depth chart.

Chris Summers is also without a doubt below Kostka on the depth chart, and they didn't call him up either.

Summers also has to sit AHL games out because of the veteran limit.

As BRB points out, they're not sitting any centers. Hrivik has been playing center exclusively for the Pack this year.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
LOL, the Bruins board is taking the NYR's personnel choices rather hard.

Not really, Not sure two posters is what I would call the Bruins board :laugh: It is what it is. Its win or go home time for us. The sens forgot how to lose :laugh:

Its smart and expected for the Ranger to sit some guys.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Disappointed Kostka and the worst forward in Hartford weren't called up as well. We had 4 call-ups available.

Let's hope Summers plays 30 minutes and Glass never leaves the ice. Lundqvist needs to do his best 1st game of the season imitation. He can be lights out on Saturday.

MUST LOSE GAME for the Rangers. Still a good chance Ottawa can knock NYI or Pitts from the play-offs.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Summers is part of the depth chart for the playoffs. He's lefty, he's experienced, but he's new to AV's bench. Call-up is the right thing. Why wait.

It's fun to call guys terrible.
But whether its him or Kostka or Allen or McIlrath, its up to AV and Ulf to manage to our best advantage

Seeing McDonagh struggle towards the bench tuesday in 3d period was a solid reminder how it takes the whole organization

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
As BRB points out, they're not sitting any centers. Hrivik has been playing center exclusively for the Pack this year.

They had no problem shifting a C to Wing when they wanted to give Lindbergh a game earlier.

Besides, Klingberg should've been called up if they wanted a Winger with potential of playing in the play-offs. Unless they moved Stempniak just for kicks. Half the team will be injured before Ryan Bourque gets into a meaningful game.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

We're talking about 2 games max. He's not going to develop in a significant way by playing 2 NHL thats that are as close to meaningless as is possible. If it's about seeing where he's at - the next question is, for what? He'll be a black ace no matter where he's at if the schedules allow it, along with other guys. Seeing where he's at right now doesn't really have any value over seeing where he's at next year when he'll be further along. The D is set this season.

I think one could argue that leading a minor league defense into the playoffs is part of his development.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They had no problem shifting a C to Wing when they wanted to give Lindbergh a game earlier.

Besides, Klingberg should've been called up if they wanted a Winger with potential of playing in the play-offs. Unless they moved Stempniak just for kicks. Half the team will be injured before Ryan Bourque gets into a meaningful game.

Good point.

And that was against a playoff team too.

Klingberg is injured BTW

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Good point.

And that was against a playoff team too.

Klingberg is injured BTW

That sucks.

As far as McIlrath, his lack of call-up would be more concerning if Connor Allen was recalled instead of Summers. Unless Allen is injured too.

They obviously aren't taking this game seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad