Waived: [NYR] F Tyler Pitlick waived by the Rangers (cleared)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
... in Montreal. Tyler Pitlick doesn't make them better. If they wanted him for organizational depth they could have signed him to a two-way deal in 2022.

As they're still in sell mode, spots in the roster deserve to go to players in the system. If there are a rash of injuries, then they can look at the waiver market.

Gignac would also have to pass through waivers, further reducing the point of the claim.

It's not about making them better, it's about filling spots. Pitlick deal ends after this year so he's just a placeholder. Gignac can fight for a spot next year.

Also, we do have injuries in Dvorak, Dach and RHP.

Laval can still make the PO, but if Roy and Gignac are up it's not going to happen.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
It's not about making them better, it's about filling spots. Pitlick deal ends after this year so he's just a placeholder. Gignac can fight for a spot next year.

Also, we do have injuries in Dvorak, Dach and RHP.

Laval can still make the PO, but if Roy and Gignac are up it's not going to happen.
Gignac likely doesn't clear. I'd rather keep him than risk losing him for a guy that is gone after this year. Gignac plays out the season. In the fall, during camp, he can go back.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Gignac likely doesn't clear. I'd rather keep him than risk losing him for a guy that is gone after this year. Gignac plays out the season. In the fall, during camp, he can go back.

PPG AHL vet regularly clear waiver. I'd be really surprised if anyone claimed him. I'd only be worried about it if the Quebec TVA Sports were an NHL team.

4 NHL games (0 point) at 27 years old doesn't make him an attractive target.

De Leo, Bemstrom, Shore, Jost, Hinostroza, Brown, Toninato, Foudy and Katchouk all cleared waivers during this season (and not in the pre-season waiver rush).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Why? There is barely any positive in keeping them up and it leads to Laval losing its top 2 scorers.

Top2 North are comfortable in their spot, but the next 5 teams are fighting teeth and nails for the last 3 spots.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
PPG AHL vet regularly clear waiver. I'd be really surprised if anyone claimed him. I'd only be worried about it if the Quebec TVA Sports were an NHL team.

4 NHL games (0 point) at 27 years old doesn't make him an attractive target.

De Leo, Bemstrom, Shore, Jost, Hinostroza, Brown, Toninato, Foudy and Katchouk all cleared waivers during this season (and not in the pre-season waiver rush).
26 years old. First goal last night.

Taking Pitlick isn't worth dropping to the bottom of the waiver claim list. Waiver claims don't make any sense until the deadline sorts out.

Having a ppg AHL player YOU signed next year is worth more than the risk of losing him to swap him out for some random player that doesn't make you better, doesn't address a real need, and isn't required for the time being.

Giving roster spots to prospects you want to develop makes more sense. The potential for signing a draft pick leaving college and giving them the rest of the season makes more sense. Signing a college UFA makes more sense.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
26 years old. First goal last night.

Taking Pitlick isn't worth dropping to the bottom of the waiver claim list. Waiver claims don't make any sense until the deadline sorts out.

Having a ppg AHL player YOU signed next year is worth more than the risk of losing him to swap him out for some random player that doesn't make you better, doesn't address a real need, and isn't required for the time being.

Giving roster spots to prospects you want to develop makes more sense. The potential for signing a draft pick leaving college and giving them the rest of the season makes more sense. Signing a college UFA makes more sense.

There is no dropping to the bottom of "waiver claim list". That's just a fantasy thing.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Thanks
We saw this apply, IIRC, last summer, when DeAngelo was rumored be returning to Canes w retention against the new deal he’d signed w Flyers.
Because of this clause, League wouldn't allow it,
Canes wouldn’t assume Full Cap Hit, so Flyers didnt get an asset back,
Flyers released TonyD, and Canes signed him at near league minimum
Completely forgot about that TDA situation. Thanks!

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Dunno about other Flyers fans, but I liked when Pitlick was on the team. He's a darn good player on the PK, and he's not bad on face off's. He's not a top-end Centre, but I wouldn't mind if Danny Briere brought him back.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Dunno about other Flyers fans, but I liked when Pitlick was on the team. He's a darn good player on the PK, and he's not bad on face off's. He's not a top-end Centre, but I wouldn't mind if Danny Briere brought him back.
I think he could have been a real good third line player if he wasn't perpetually injured throughout his entire career. Knees, ligaments, wrist, concussions, ankles, spleen.

The poor guy couldn't get through a season without a serious injury for 95% of his career.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad