Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Blake Wheeler signs with the Rangers (1 year, $800k)

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Attachments

• 1688322851539.gif
    1688322851539.gif
    255.2 KB · Views: 1

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
He's still a middle 6 player.
Wheeler has lost some of his speed and stamina. His minutes need to be watched so he doesn't gas himself out. With a coach that limits his minutes due to age he will still produce and give 100%.
The Rangers organization and fans will be thrilled with Wheeler when you factor in the cap cost and desire to win.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Wanted him on the Leafs especially at that cap hit. NYR or the Devils battling it out for the division next year. Carolina Raptors in shambles.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Name the six
First things first radio I said chasing ON the 6th best team in the east. When you say ON it means they are the 6th. That means there are 5 better teams.

Carolina
Devils
Toronto
Florida
Tampa
Boston

Next question

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Where would u rank the Rags in the east? Where would u put them in the entire NHL?

Would love to see this
Only teams in the East I am confident saying are 100% better right now in July are the Devils and Canes. You think Toronto is better? We hear this every year. Another sexy team on paper. At least the NYR made the ECF two years ago and came two wins away from the Final. Toronto won two more games in the postseason last year. Rangers have a better goalie and blueline. Are Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares a better foursome than Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider and Trocheck? Sure. Does Toronto have a Fox on the backend? Don't give me Boston either, who just had to shed several guys because they're ****** cap wise. They aren't replicating 130 points again.

Florida? They had a miracle run. Give me a break.

Tampa just moved Maroon, haven't signed Jeannot yet, don't have a backup, and they're over the cap by a few million right now. Their days are numbered.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Only teams in the East I am confident saying are 100% better right now in July are the Devils and Canes. You think Toronto is better? We hear this every year. Another sexy team on paper. At least the NYR made the ECF two years ago and came two wins away from the Final. Toronto won two more games in the postseason last year. Rangers have a better goalie and blueline. Are Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares a better foursome than Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider and Trocheck? Sure. Does Toronto have a Fox on the backend? Don't give me Boston either, who just had to shed several guys because they're ****** cap wise. They aren't replicating 130 points again.

Florida? They had a miracle run. Give me a break.

Tampa just moved Maroon, haven't signed Jeannot yet, don't have a backup, and they're over the cap by a few million right now. Their days are numbered.

Yea I think Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Tavares are better. I think every person outside of Ranger fans would agree. Didn’t Toronto just sign Bertuzzi and Domi also? The leafs are better.

Florida won the presidents trophy 2 years ago. Last season the struggled a little but they proved they were still a very good team team. If Florida played the Rangers in the playoffs last year they were beating them.

I do not think Boston will repeat 130 points but I still have them over the Rangers just like Las Vegas.

I don’t know how you are talking about another teams backup when the Rangers just signed Quick to do the job. Tampas day are numbered. I agree. For next year if I had to pick the Rangers or the Lightening to win the cup I’m taking Tampa.

Other teams around the Rangers have gotten better this offseason. The Rangers added Wheeler, Nash, Bonino, Quick?? I mean are these signings taking them over the hump lol. Let’s be real here. Take the blinders off. If Wheeler wanted to go to a team for 1 year (like he just signed for) just to win a cup, are you telling me the Rangers have the best chance? Because as my first argument stated. Why would Wheeler go to the Rangers for one year if he just wanted to win a cup.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Rangers just can't help themselves with all these country club signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad