Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Barclay Goodrow signs with the Rangers (6 years, $3.642M AAV)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'm betting whatever Goodrow gets these will be the relative differences:

Armia close, maybe 250-500k more

Coleman gets 1 million more

Hyman 2 million more

If Hyman flees, he'll get $6 million per easily.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
He's a ufa so there's no reason for him to be in a rush to sign with Rangers unless they are offering him a good contract or he has a desire to play in New York.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
I came in to ask this. Are teams allowed to sign protected players right now? They should be able to but I’m just not sure how the freeze rules works.

Seattle is the only team that can sign players right now. The Rangers can still talk to Goodrow if he is protected and figure out a deal but the pen to paper won't be done until after the roster freeze is over.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I wouldn't worry about him costing 4 mil, he should be closer to 3 mil. However, they got to be careful with the term. Six years, as been rumored, would be way too long. He's an awesome 4th liner, elite even (if there is such a thing) and can fill in admirably short term on the 3rd line but you don't want to be stuck paying him over 3 mil for that long. If it's under 3 like Sissons deal, it's a lot more tolerable.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't worry about him costing 4 mil, he should be closer to 3 mil. However, they got to be careful with the term. Six years, as been rumored, would be way too long. He's an awesome 4th liner, elite even (if there is such a thing) and can fill in admirably short term on the 3rd line but you don't want to be stuck paying him over 3 mil for that long. If it's under 3 like Sissons deal, it's a lot more tolerable.

Who cares? Everyone always bugs out about cap hits and term on contracts and these guys on the lower end of the "overpaid" spectrum are always movable and moved or bought out. The Rangers have had more cap issues than anyone in history and they always find a way out of it as they will again if he ever becomes an issue.

The Rangers have never not gotten or gone after a player they wanted because of the cap or cap issues.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Were are the stats guys? I need to know. Guys who have won two cups signs for/ is traded to another team. Have they already reach their personal goals and decline from here on? Or will they still play at a high level?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Seattle is the only team that can sign players right now. The Rangers can still talk to Goodrow if he is protected and figure out a deal but the pen to paper won't be done until after the roster freeze is over.

I’m not positive this is true. It the player is on your protected list, Seattle can’t talk to them and there ought to also be no reason you can’t, so there also shouldn’t be any reason you’d have to wait to announce an agreement with a player you have exclusive rights to.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad