Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CBJ] Jack Roslovic (50% retained) for 2026 cond. 4th round pick

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Guess the jets getting a 3rd for him was about right after all.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Low risk high upside trade for the rangers and Columbus got value for someone they'd likely let fo this summer.

Call it a win win

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Always been kind of a fascinating player to me. Every 5th or 6th game I watch of his I'm like wow is that Roslovic kid good, he's got a real future when he puts it together. Then for most of the others he's either invisible or straight up crap.

At 27 that's likely what he is at this point. Still a little surprised he's never cracked 50pts.
For a 4th @ 50% probably a worthwhile gamble for Drury. Guess the Columbus hometown boy couldn't make it stick for the Jackets.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He doesn’t have to be good defensively for this role. All he needs to do is crumble some adderall in Zibanejad’s Gatorade.
By the way, you seriously shouldn't crumble adderall. They're in slow-release capsules for a reason.

Reactions: Black Tank

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think this can be huge value to the Rangers, but if you watched Roslovic go through extended disappearing acts his whole career, you knew his trade value was always going to be low.
At 2mil AAV, I'd take the risk. Better hit or miss than miss or miss.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
This is a great trade for the Rangers. I wish the Avs had went for him instead of ryjo in the offseason.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sure it's covered here but this is a good low risk move by NYR, unless they expect more than what he really is. Jack's dealt with an ego issue throughout his career. Wanted so bad to be a center but unable to process the defensive responsibilities to show him to use his ability to transition. He's a great skater, has size and can handle the puck. He'll tease you with his skill setonly to be left disappointed when he forgets how to play the game. His move to the wing has improved his game and he's playing very well the last 6 weeks. The issue has always been doing it consistently. He had no future in Columbus so moving him made sense. He'll play high in your PK if needed. He's good at that. He'll tease you with his skill set and then you'll be pissed when he disappears for long stretches. He's a complementary piece that is most likely a 0.5ppg player with PK time.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
This trade isn't really about Roslovic, it's about 50% retained and about trying another ingredient to change the Kreider-Zbad even strength chemistry. Wheeler, Kakko, Vesey and others as well all failed so now it's time to try another experiment. Roslovic doesn't have to do much, Zbad is strong defensively so there's no pressure on him to carry that load for that line and Kreider is going to be in front of the net no matter what so he's easy to predict.

He looked good in his debut on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad