Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CBJ] Jack Roslovic (50% retained) for 2026 cond. 4th round pick

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
My CBJ friends, can he add needed juice to play with Kreider and Zibanejad?

He doesn't have to carry them because they're proven good players that manage to score on the PP, but they cannot put the puck in the net at even strength and generally have bad underlyings. Can he turbo-charge them into good even strength players again?

That's all he needs to do. If not, I don't know where he plays.
Its possible. He works fine with skill and would add some speed to that line. Hes a complimentary piece so on that line it may work. Hes been doing well with Gaudreau-Jenner 5v5. I dont know what happened to his goal scoring but hes been making plays. 3 goals and 8 assists his last 10 games and I dont know NYs PK groups but he can play there too

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its possible. He works fine with skill and would add some speed to that line. Hes a complimentary piece so on that line it may work. Hes been doing well with Gaudreau-Jenner 5v5. I dont know what happened to his goal scoring but hes been making plays. 3 goals and 8 assists his last 10 games and I dont know NYs PK groups but he can play there too
Thanks!

The speed will definitely help. They need someone who can carry the puck because Zibanejad doesn't move his feet anymore, and Kreider while he has great speed is starting to slow down and doesn't carry the puck.

My biggest concern is it sounds like he might have a similar problem to Zibanejad in that he doesn't score goals at even strength. I don't know if Roslovic shoots a lot and is getting unlucky or it's a both problem in that he doesn't shoot or score. Zibanejad has a both problem, but a better playmaker than we've had on that line this year could help him get better shooting chances anyway. Kreider isn't a playmaker, so he doesn't have anyone to set him up.

Reactions: Marioesque

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Thanks!

The speed will definitely help. They need someone who can carry the puck because Zibanejad doesn't move his feet anymore, and Kreider while he has great speed is starting to slow down and doesn't carry the puck.

My biggest concern is it sounds like he might have a similar problem to Zibanejad in that he doesn't score goals at even strength. I don't know if Roslovic shoots a lot and is getting unlucky or it's a both problem in that he doesn't shoot or score. Zibanejad has a both problem, but a better playmaker than we've had on that line this year could help him get better shooting chances anyway. Kreider isn't a playmaker, so he doesn't have anyone to set him up.
Roslovic has a fine shot and hes almost that Anisimov type player where you see more to give but he cant play at his best for any extended period. Hes basically known to go on some random heater every season but cant capture it for overly long. Hes been solid lately and maybe a new dynamic helps him keep it going, hes been playing more simple Id say

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

He doesn't have to carry them because they're proven good players that manage to score on the PP, but they cannot put the puck in the net at even strength and generally have bad underlyings. Can he turbo-charge them into good even strength players again?

That's all he needs to do. If not, I don't know what his spot is in this lineup.

He's a decent complimentary player to high skilled players. He has skills and is fast so it could work in 2nd line.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Roslovic has a fine shot and hes almost that Anisimov type player where you see more to give but he cant play at his best for any extended period. Hes basically known to go on some random heater every season but cant capture it for overly long. Hes been solid lately and maybe a new dynamic helps him keep it going, hes been playing more simple Id say
So he's better than wennberg for one less pick 😆

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So he's better than wennberg for one less pick 😆
Hes not as responsible. I wouldnt confuse PKer with good defensively. Theyll provide something very different but needed there. Roslovic is so inconsistent and Columbus put him on line 1 where to Roslovics credit he improved but it took that to even see this deal. He started the season a healthy scratch or a 3rd/4th liner. When hes good hes good, when hes bad hes real bad

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hes not as responsible. I wouldnt confuse PKer with good defensively. Theyll provide something very different but needed there. Roslovic is so inconsistent and Columbus put him on line 1 where to Roslovics credit he improved but it took that to even see this deal. He started the season a healthy scratch or a 3rd/4th liner. When hes good hes good, when hes bad hes real bad
This. It's like he periodically forgets how to play hockey - suddenly his passes start going to nobody and he starts dangling around phantoms. It's awesome when he's on and extremely exasperating when he's off.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This. It's like he periodically forgets how to play hockey - suddenly his passes start going to nobody and he starts dangling around phantoms. It's awesome when he's on and extremely exasperating when he's off.
I feel like he's going to be a good compliment to someone like Kreider. Mika, maybe. But I feel his game works REALLY well with Kreider.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I feel like he's going to be a good compliment to someone like Kreider. Mika, maybe. But I feel his game works REALLY well with Kreider.
Kreider, I could see it. If it works, then bravo for him and y'all. Just be wary about assuming he'll be a fit there forever, that's all. :)

Reactions: CLW

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This reminds me of the Vatrano trade we had 2 season ago and look what he's done since then. Hopefully a new opportunity can similarly help this guy find some more consistent success in his game.

Reactions: cwede and Mac n Gs

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
So... they get both Petan and Roslovic... they also have Trouba, and Wheeler (LTIR).

But other than that this is a good pick-up.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

That's all he needs to do. If not, I don't know what his spot is in this lineup.
He should by no means carry a line, but he he’s an elite skater with great puck handling that can make an impact when the chemistry is there. Properly utilized as a winger he’s a jack in the box and when he has his groove on, he’ll look fantastic.

You’ll never know what you get from game to game though. His ceiling is high, but floor is somewhat low. I’ll be intrigued to watch how he fares now within a new system and role.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Shoulda kept him if all they could muster was a late 4th.

Must be doin the whole “culture change” thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad