Confirmed with Link: NYR acquire Adam McQuaid from Bruins for Kampfer, and 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
mcquaad86

Note the polar blue in front of his own net. McQuaid is a great crease-clearer, I have to give him that.

Very concerned about those slot chances, though.
If he has a partner that can deal with the slot, or a forward can cover it, it's not a concern.

A 3rd pairing D is not expected to do everything, right? Him being very good at crease clearing is good enough for me. Remember, you're looking at isolated stats. Combine for a five-man unit, annnnnnd...

Reactions: haveandare

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If he has a partner that can deal with the slot, or a forward can cover it, it's not a concern.

A 3rd pairing D is not expected to do everything, right? Him being very good at crease clearing is good enough for me. Remember, you're looking at isolated stats. Combine for a five-man unit, annnnnnd...

As long as he's not out there with Pionk whose chart looks like a grizzly bear bled all over the page.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The conditional seventh-rounder in the deal for Adam McQuaid will go to Boston — in addition to Steven Kampfer and a fourth-rounder — if No. 54 plays 25 games for the Rangers or he is traded during the season.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/16/david-quinn-pushes-rangers-hard-on-day-1/

Boston is getting the 7th barring a major injury to the player.

The Rangers just need to come up with a deal better than a 4th and a 7th by February 25.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I hope we did a real in-depth medical on McQuaid. Just seem like a classic situation where you are buying from an insider.

Boston walked away from Horton. He signed for 7 years for CBJ and after 35 games he retires with pay. I wouldn’t have paid a cent on that contract after that...

Hope that McQuaid don’t come here, play 2 weeks and then starts feeling a bad back or knee... Tikk did the same right?

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Why would be bring back as much or more than Holden tho?

If McQuaid has a good season and a GM is looking for some veteran toughness down the stretch he isn't going to be so concerned about what the Rangers got for Nick Holden a year ago. I mean we aren't talking about 1st round picks here. The market changes from deadline to deadline...and if a team is looking for something they aren't going to worry that much about overpaying by a round when we are talking about picks unlikely to pan out in the first place.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why would be bring back as much or more than Holden tho?

Right hand shot D, playoffs experienced and Cup ring, toughness and slot-clearing, occasional fights, "great in the room" - all common qualities teams seek when adding depth to potential contenders

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If McQuaid has a good season and a GM is looking for some veteran toughness down the stretch he isn't going to be so concerned about what the Rangers got for Nick Holden a year ago. I mean we aren't talking about 1st round picks here. The market changes from deadline to deadline...and if a team is looking for something they aren't going to worry that much about overpaying by a round when we are talking about picks unlikely to pan out in the first place.
Exactly. I think what he will bring is much more than micro-managing our "assets". We're talking about picks that have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming anything substantial in the nhl. Sorry, but I really like this move and when he continually drops his gloves to protect Anderson, Names and Zuccha (well maybe not him so much,lol) then maybe people will think twice and appreciate this move. We just got burned with McCleod, so its understandable. This MAN is not McCleod. Hopefully his faith and tuffness will rub off a lot and a little.

Reactions: leetch99

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't know if I see McQ bringing back a third, let alone a second.

I'd be perfectly happy if he can nab a fourth. To me, that would mean a solid investment for the Rangers.

100% agree. I'd also be totally fine re-signing him if he plays well and adds some snarl and toughness to the blue-line.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why would McQuaid have a good season when he just had one of the worst seasons for any defenseman in the entire NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad