Confirmed with Link: NYR acquire Adam McQuaid from Bruins for Kampfer, and 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Muscle for the third pairing/7th defenseman I guess. Seems unnecessary though.

He can play in a limited role at least

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I don't see McQuaid as an upgrade to Kampfer, to add a 4th round pick is bad asset management when we're supposed to be rebuilding. Adds some physicality I guess

Reactions: Rangers743

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't see McQuaid as an upgrade to Kampfer, to add a 4th round pick is bad asset management when we're supposed to be rebuilding. Adds some physicality I guess

A 4th round pick is worth very little. Kampfer is worth very little. It's a pretty "meh" trade across the board.

It does add some muscle though which is is probably the goal, for better or worse. I think McQuaid is alright as sheltered D/7th guy but I haven't checked the stats on him either

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
A 4th round pick is worth very little. Kampfer is worth very little. It's a pretty "meh" trade across the board.

It does add some muscle though which is is probably the goal, for better or worse. I think McQuaid is alright as sheltered D/7th guy but I haven't checked the stats on him either
I'm not up in arms about it, I just don't see the point. If we're able to flip McQuaid at the deadline for something more valuable than a 4th, then fine.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Sure, why not. Tough, leadership, can actually kinda play a bit? If you're gonna have a tough guy to protect the rookies I'd prefer McQuaid over McLeod for sure. A cheaper Girardi, which I'll take all day.

Solidifies the bottom pairing too, right handed shot. Pair Hajek with him maybe to learn? Or maybe Lindgren, who can end up a similar player?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
:dunno:

I have no problem with it. Gorts traded a 4th for Holden and received more than that in return. Hopefully this keeps McLeod out of the lineup for the Toffness faktor.

Gorts and co. talk about character and leadership being important. Well, this was keeping with that philosophy. An up coming UFA who will play his heart out hoping to get a decent contract next year, will protect the team, is a role model for the young kids and, someone we could likely flip at the deadline for a 2nd/3rd. By all means. Good job JG.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If you trade McQuaid, a proven playoff D man to a contender at the deadline for a really late 2nd, do you still hate this trade? I would love it, and think they can get that this spring.

He really shouldn't play enough here to warrant a team giving up a 2nd rounder.

ADA, Shatty, Pionk on the Right. Potentially Smith, depending on where he plays.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He really shouldn't play enough here to warrant a team giving up a 2nd rounder.

ADA, Shatty, Pionk on the Right. Potentially Smith, depending on where he plays.

This is assuming both ADA and Pionk show that they deserve to be full time NHL players, which neither has done yet.

Reactions: RGY

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Who was the last defenseman Gorton traded a 4th for? Holden. Holden returned a 3rd + O'Gara at the deadline. That is similar to what I think McQuaid will return at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad