Speculation: Nylander XIV (on the block per Friedman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Severson+ for Nylander

Toronto gets a top 4 soon to be 24yr old signed long term to a fair contract, NJ gets a young forward they desperately need who would be signed long term

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Oh, since when is he officially on the block? :O

Wonder if something is going down soon-ish

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The title is misleading. A Friedman source who was not Dubas claimed he was on the block. That is not official.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
You're not going to fleece Toronto like you did to Edmonton in Larsson for Hall trade because Dubas isnt dumb as Chiarelli.
Nylander is like 2 tiers down from league mvp level. Severson is Larsson level.

I’m not saying it’s equal. But it isn’t Edmonton New Jersey bad.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
60pt winger sweeptakes, thread 14.

I think Toronto is getting hosed in the trade. 2 weeks is too short.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Soft? How many truly “hard” players are left in the NHL?

There are plenty.. you don’t have to be big and strong to be hard. For example, Elias Pettersson is a tough hard nosed player who would battle anyone for the puck and he’s only 170 pounds.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Severson was bad in the the 6-1 lose to the Leafs. Friedman didn't provide any new info. GMs talk all the time about availability of players, there are "soft" offers on virtually any player.
Trading Nylander for trade value isn't the issue. He's very tradable if signed to a reasonable contract. It's getting him signed to the reasonable contract either by Leafs or his new team is the continuing issue.

Reactions: shortfuze

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Severson was bad in the the 6-1 lose to the Leafs. Friedman didn't provide any new info. GMs talk all the time about availability of players, there are "soft" offers on virtually any player.
Trading Nylander for trade value isn't the issue. He's very tradable if signed to a reasonable contract. It's getting him signed to the reasonable contract either by Leafs or his new team is the continuing issue.
I think Elliot was referring to is there any team willing to pay him more than Pasternak.
u gott a sign the kid before u try to get value,who knows maybe u take an unptrotected 1st round pick ,save the cap space and maybe try your luck and aquirre a piece later that may bring u an element u can control on your terms .
leafs have cap space ,in about a month some teams may be throwing in the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad