Confirmed Signing with Link: Nylander re-signs with Leafs (6.9 million AAV For 6 Years) - XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
For everyone who is gonna keep saying '7.5 AAV', for the last f***ing time look at this Tweet

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Wow that’s a steal for him. He got f***ing paid too. Probably feels amazing to sign a ticket like that. So damn rich.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Chiarelli is an awful gm. Let's not confuse having a top 10 scoring centre locked up for under a decade at 8.5 million as one of his bad moves.

But he’s not a top 10 scoring centre when he’s centring his own line. It’s just the truth.

Reactions: Flipwon

Crow

May 19, 2014
I just came for the comedy, but I keep seeing 6.9 and 6-range. If all I've seen is correct, his cap hit starting next year is $7M. I'm not going to say $20k puts him in a diff range than the guys who are at $7m.
Yeah calling it 6.9 if it’s really 6.98 or 6.996 or whatever someone said is quite a bit of bullshit.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
People who doubt Dubas just continue to get dummied. I can't believe the Leafs are lucky to have a good management, coach and team at the same time. They have a window of 10+ years right now.

Tavares signed? Check.
Nylander signed? Check.

Marner and Matthews to go.

We can and we will.

can and will what? sign your own RFAs?

not generally a thing most GMs have a problem with

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Nylander didn't drop to $6.9 million, he dropped to $7.5 million because the contract he signed was the equivalent of a $7.5 million AAV. Even if you assume that Nylander started at $8.5 million, which I haven't seen an actual source for saying that, Nylander dropped $1 million a year in salary and the Leafs went up $1 million a year in AAV. If you assume that Nylander was asking for what Draisaitl made, both went off of their initial ask about the same, but I haven't seen anything to make that assumption about Nylander.

No, he dropped to 6.96. That is both the dollars he makes and his AAV.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Absolutely, in the mean time, enjoy the best offense in hockey over here in Toronto. We were a top team without an entire top-line. Now that we have said top line - well - I'll let your imagination do the rest.

Very special time to be a Leafs fan.
Why do you keep changing the subject? This is not a Leafs infomercial.

We were commenting on negiations with Nylander and you spin it in other directions.

And as I said. I really enjoyed how Nylander and Gross handled Dubas to the last min. Can't wait to see how Marner and his reps can go to school on this negotiations. Makes for a fascinating off season next summer.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
That's from year 2 to 6. First year it's 10.2 million. Nylander doesn't care about "cap" he wanted to get fairly paid and is making an average 7.5m a year regardless of how much is front loaded in bonuses.

He didn't play 26 games which you seem to be forgetting, hence why the 7.5m AAV is inaccurate.

10.2m = 6.996m pro-rated, and not 7.5m. If it was pro-rated from 7.5m the number would be above 11m AAV

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Because it took 2 months to get it done if it were so simple.

But it wasn't that simple, as the tweet said...Leafs didn't want to go past 6.5m and they went 500k over.
which again is still better then actually giving out a bad contract, at the end of the day leafs are saving long term, they signed willy to a reasonable contract, that i should mention would not have been possible two months ago, we only save long term since it dragged so long.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I keep seeing this, the more times Leafs fans repeat it, the less sense it makes. He's making right at $7 million, screaming how this is a huge win for the Leafs because it's "less than $7 million" makes literally no sense.

What part of anything under 7 we’d be happy with is hard to understand? Is it less than 7 million? I didn’t want to see 7.5-8 million I wanted to see less then 7. It was a fair deal all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad