GDT: nyicar 7:30pm

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
League average goaltending this is a 4-2 game.

No idea what pks issue is and frankly I'm too tired to care.

Teams are understanding our goalies suck. We're about to become a shooting gallery.

Also since tda was Benched, and or slavin and burns have been on the pp, we've scored one ppg, which was a set play off a face off and given away 2 shg (It may be 3? But im pretty sure it was 2)
Since TDA is benched our D has improved 2 fold.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
giphy.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Quick was available but youre right, not much else.

Orlov-Chatfield are playing terrific together

Right now more concerned with first pair (burns rmeh and slavin lookin human) and Pesce
Quick was f***ing awful last year for the most part and probably only wanted to play where he's playing even if you could somehow predict his, thus far, small sample size Renaissance.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Skjei-pesce have great expected numbers but some bad luck.

Slavin and Burns have some not so great defensive numbers, great O numbers though. Some good luck defensively though

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Goaltending is clearly an issue. Goal scoring is also an issue. In a 4 goal game, our Top 6 scored none of them. We need more consistency in general from them. Special teams is whatever at this point. We’ve been beating that drum for probably over a decade at this point.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Goaltending is clearly an issue. Goal scoring is also an issue. In a 4 goal game, our Top 6 scored none of them. We need more consistency in general from them. Special teams is whatever at this point. We’ve been beating that drum for probably over a decade at this point.
Is Aho not in the top 6 anymore? He’s really fallen off.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
We are saying a top 10 goal scoring team has a scoring problem because our depth is scoring?

What will we come up with next?

Reactions: MustardStew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We score 4 goals and allow only 16 shots, we should win the game in a blowout. Instead, its a loss.

We have the league's worst goaltending situation right now. I know Edmonton is there, but those goalies get left on an island often. We're suffocating offensive attacks nightly and our goalies struggle to make it count. Raanta and Kochetkov are both not good enough. We cannot win the Cup with either of them backstopping us, so if that is our actual goal this year, a move absolutely needs to be made to bring in a starter. We realistically have no hope if we don't.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Seems like most of the goalies that will be truly available will be the same level as our guys have been historically though they certainly could come in and play better than our guys have this year.

Maybe you get lucky and find the next Adin Hill. But they'll probably continue to run with what they have for now and see where things go.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Is Aho not in the top 6 anymore? He’s really fallen off.

Did I miss something? Goal scorers were Chatfield, Staal x2 and Drury, yeah?

I ask this legitimately, because I was working the Winnipeg game tonight and could only keep up with the Canes game during that intermissions.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Did I miss something? Goal scorers were Chatfield, Staal x2 and Drury, yeah?

I ask this legitimately, because I was working the Winnipeg game tonight and could only keep up with the Canes game during that intermissions.
Aho scored the last goal, I’m just looking at the box score about to check out the replays.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
It's completely ok to be concerned about the goal tending. It's at the bottom of the league. I was cringing every time the Islanders took a shot. Speaking of shots they still kept the Islanders to only 16.

That being said they're still finding points. Albeit probably less than they would be, but until that stops happening I'm not worried about them making the playoffs. Which, is ultimately all they need to do.

Last edited:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I saw Rod and Gleason going bonkers in OT, over an Islanders line change. Far as I could tell, one Isles player had the puck, and one other player came on while one went off. It was pretty standard. Again, from what I saw. After a whistle the ref went over and they chatted and Rod seemed to wave and say “yeah ok you’re right.”

I’m still wondering what they thought they saw.

Reactions: geehaad

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
As bad as they've been in goal they still might turn it around. But they certainly need to consider goalie options along with hoping Freddie gets healthy enough to come back.

The one thing I wonder about Kochetkov is his play style and general demeanor on the ice used to be quite aggressive. I know he had some issues with penalties and such in the A last year. I wonder if that's been coached out of him to an extent and neutered him. He hasn't shown confidence or the thought of whooping somebody's ass.

As far as his aggressive play style, that shorty, he scrunched himself so small and wasn't aggressive in the slightest. Feels like he's not aggressive and not really playing with the athleticism we've seen in the past.

90% Freddie won't be back this season.

Raantas odds of staying healthy aren't great.

Rod needs to let Koochie do whatever needs to happen to get his mojo.

When did we trade for him? I thought we claimed him off waivers at the beginning of the season?
Am I confusing Reimer and McBackup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad