Value of: NYI - WPG

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
as an isles fan a reluctant yes, not that winnipeg should do this, becase the wouldnt, not even close. but Pulock is cheaper and we need that more with our roster right now. trouba will be commanding 6-7 or more long term soon enough. we probably cant pay DeHaan anyway so Trouba is just gonna make our situation harder

im hoping Dehaans injury may lower his ask a bit (i know fat chance right...but we can hope) in the end depending on where the pick turns out, we might be glad we didnt do this. Bob McKenzie says this is a Defenseman draft with several high end prospects, so with 2 firsts I'm hoping we snag our own Trouba... he was a 7th over all so it could happen.

As long as we hold both picks we have a decent shot at 2 of them and cost controlled unlike trouba. in 2 years time this kid is getting a massive deal it wouldnt shock me if he gets 8-9 Million, Detroit has lusted after this kid a long time as has Toronto. and im sure there are others

and i dont think Winnipeg has a shot in hell to keep him, nor do the Isles if by some miracle we even could get him. he's gonna get crazy money, which is funny because he's not considered a scorer, but the chatter says in his case that dont matter

Last edited:

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
To WPG: Pulock, 1st (NYI or CGY)
To NYI: Trouba

Would this deal make any sense? does Trouba want to play in WPG? Is the value way off? The Isles look like they could use some right now D help and Trouba seems more ready for that then Pulock (whats his long term outlook)

although I am sure the Jets would prefer to keep Trouba if they wanna go for it this season.

I think trouba and hutchinson for pulock colle and a first and 2nd

Reactions: IODCPiper

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trouba will re-sign with the Jets.
If he were going to the Isles, it would be Barzal, a 2nd in 2018 and de Haan (50% retained)...yes, I know he is hurt and an UFA.
Having said that, there is no way Chevy is trading Trouba especially before this off season unless it is a severe overpay.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
If he were going to the Isles, it would be Barzal, a 2nd in 2018 and de Haan (50% retained)...yes, I know he is hurt and an UFA.
Having said that, there is no way Chevy is trading Trouba especially before this off season unless it is a severe overpay.

Yeah of course they would prefer, i considered mention this as an offseason move (jets perspective), would think isles would prefer in season with the shape of their D

also Barzal is an great piece but with scheif little and lowry would they need another C?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
You can never have too many quality centers. I can't see the Isles giving up Barzal let alone de Haan but like I say, if they threw in a 2nd with de Haan and Barzal, I'd probably do it.

MP Scheif Laine
Ehlers Barzal Wheeler
Connor Little Roslovic
Lemieux Lowry Armia

Morrissey Buff
de Haan Myers
Kulikov Poolman

Helle Mason

I'd send the Jets' 1st and the 2nd from the Isles for Tanev from the Canucks (maybe throw in Petan) and trade Myers.

Last edited:

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
You can never have too many quality centers. I can't see the Isles giving up Barzal let alone de Haan but like I say, if they threw in a 2nd with de Haan and Barzal, I'd probably do it.

MP Scheif Laine
Ehlers Barzal Wheeler
Connor Little Armia
Lemieux Roslovic Copp/Tanev/Dano

Morrissey Buff
de Haan Myers
Kulikov Poolman

Helle Mason

I'd send the Jets' 1st and the 2nd from the Isles for Tanev from the Canucks (maybe throw in Petan) and trade Myers.

no Lowry?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don’t see the appeal for the Jets to do this. Pulock has a lot of potential but still hasn’t proven anything.

Would it be fair to say the Jets would be willing to move Myers before Trouba?

Last edited:

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I don’t see the appeal for the Jets to do this. Pulock has a lot of potential but still hasn’t proven anything.

Would it be fair to say the Jets would be willing to move Myers before Trouba?

I would think they probably would rather move myers. dont know if the isles would consider that same trade for myers...maybe pulock and a 2nd? not sure

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Not related to the OP trade but how much you think the Jets RFAs sign for?

Trouba
Morrissey
Poolman

Lowry
Armia
Tanev
Dano

Helly

then next year
Connor
Laine

Thanks

Trouba 5.5m 6-8 years
Morrissey 4.5m 6-8 years
Poolman 1m 1 year

Lowry 3.5m 4-6 years
Armia 2m 2-4 years
Tanev 1.5m 1 year
Dano 1m 1 year

Helly 4.5m 5-6 years

then next year
Connor 5.5m 5-6 years
Laine 7.5m 6-8 years

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Isles wouldn't move Barzal at all. And doubt they'd move Pulock alone for Myers. Pulock though unproven is more cost effective considering our cap issues.If Garth snow is balking at dehaans reported ask of 5 m, there is no way he'd take Myers at 5.5m

The Isles aren't generally a cap max team as Snow likes to leave some wiggle room for contingencies

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I seriously doubt he will re-sign in winnipeg. he's from the Detroit area and it's known that both the Leafs and Red Wings covet him, and McKenzie reported that both made offers to Chevy during their staredown before he re-signed in winnipeg

Kurt Overhardt trouba s agent said at the time that there wasn't much they could do at the time contractually, but that the next time Trouba could do as he wished.

So Id Expect that winnipegs Chances Of Re-signing Him Are No better than ten percent

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I seriously doubt he will re-sign in winnipeg. he's from the Detroit area and it's known that both the Leafs and Red Wings covet him, and McKenzie reported that both made offers to Chevy during their staredown before he re-signed in winnipeg

Kurt Overhardt trouba s agent said at the time that there wasn't much they could do at the time contractually, but that the next time Trouba could do as he wished.

So Id Expect that winnipegs Chances Of Re-signing Him Are No better than ten percent

isnt he still an RFA?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
isnt he still an RFA?
Yeah But Then He'll Have Arbitration Rights he didnt last time, so he'd get a one year deal at around 6m and then be free. That's what overhardt was hinting at. It was a subtle threat to Chevy that the next time, he couldn't dictate terms in the future.

The last time Overhardt tried to get someone to put out an offer sheet but Gm's have learned not to do that to each other.But it was then that Overhardt found out that Detroit and Toronto had great interest. Since then Overhardt and Chevy shall we say do not exchange Christmas cards...... They have both made some digs at the others direction at league functions like the draft

Chevy is very strong willed and Overhardt can be a bit of an assh*t so it's easy to see why they have their issues

Last edited:

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Trouba 5.5m 6-8 years
Morrissey 4.5m 6-8 years
Poolman 1m 1 year

Lowry 3.5m 4-6 years
Armia 2m 2-4 years
Tanev 1.5m 1 year
Dano 1m 1 year

Helly 4.5m 5-6 years

then next year
Connor 5.5m 5-6 years
Laine 7.5m 6-8 years
A lot of those contracts are about 2 million off...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Yeah But Then He'll Have Arbitration Rights he didnt last time, so he'd get a one year deal at around 6m and then be free. That's what overhardt was hinting at. It was a subtle threat to Chevy that the next time, he couldn't dictate terms in the future.

The last time Overhardt tried to get someone to put out an offer sheet but Gm's have learned not to do that to each other.But it was then that Overhardt found out that Detroit and Toronto had great interest. Since then Overhardt and Chevy shall we say do not exchange Christmas cards...... They have both made some digs at the others direction at league functions like the draft

Chevy is very strong willed and Overhardt can be a bit of an assh*t so it's easy to see why they have their issues
First of all, Trouba has two years of RFA left.
2nd of all, are you saying you would give me 10 to 1 odds that Trouba doesn't re-sign with the Jets? I'd bet a hun on that one.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
A lot of those contracts are about 2 million off...
which ones? I can give you my reasoning for all of them

Trouba shouldnt get much more than Slavin with this season's play.
Morrissey shouldnt get more than Trouba.
Bonino got 4.1m as UFA, so looking at that I think Lowry will go a bit under it.
I don't think Hellebuyck will get more than 5m with 1 great season under his belt.
Unless Connor improves massively, he shouldnt get more than Ehlers, who just signed for 6m.
Laine was the tough one for sure, but I was looking at Pastanak's contract with that one.
Poolman and Dano are not getting regular NHL time so 1x1 deals make sense imo.
Jets have a lot of guys coming up so I don't see the point in giving Tanev a bigger contract. He can just go UFA after the year and make his money.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
First of all, Trouba has two years of RFA left.
2nd of all, are you saying you would give me 10 to 1 odds that Trouba doesn't re-sign with the Jets? I'd bet a hun on that one.
No He Has 1 Year On His Current Deal And One turn As An RFA. But With Arbitration Rights.

Check Your Facts

And After Thst Id Say Hes gone they gave One 7+ deal to A Defender. They wont give two Especially With Wheeler Hellebuyck And Morrissey To Sign Too. And don't forget Laine the year after, Trouba is as good as gone when the time comes

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
No, his current deal is over at the end of this season and he has two more years of RFA...check your facts.
I Did I Said Two Years . The arbitration Can Be 2 Years If Trouba Asks. Didnt you Know That? It's his choice.Why would he only want one and still be restricted?

They Still Have 54 million Spent Next Year With Hellebuyck Laine Wheeler Morrissey And 8 Others To Sign at the same Time

Trouba will arbitrate 2 years at 7 plus and then walk. That's is why id be very reluctant to trade for him

To keep him they'd need to sign him long term this coming year and risk losing Laine and Wheeler the next year.

Your Guide to Understanding NHL Salary Arbitration

Id use Ryan Suter as a comparable or Seabrook both have fallen off big time so Trouba should easily win that way he could ask 8 or 9 as a free agent. Sorry but there's no way you could afford him at that point

Besides when has winnipeg ever played at the cap?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad