Value of: NYI - WPG

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
To WPG: Pulock, 1st (NYI or CGY)
To NYI: Trouba

Would this deal make any sense? does Trouba want to play in WPG? Is the value way off? The Isles look like they could use some right now D help and Trouba seems more ready for that then Pulock (whats his long term outlook)

although I am sure the Jets would prefer to keep Trouba if they wanna go for it this season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Would this deal make any sense? does Trouba want to play in WPG? Is the value way off? The Isles look like they could use some right now D help and Trouba seems more ready for that then Pulock (whats his long term outlook)

although I am sure the Jets would prefer to keep Trouba if they wanna go for it this season.

Jets fans won't like this. They need Trouba just as much as the Isles do (maybe not as much, but they need him). And in a contending season, I can't see them making a move like this

Reactions: Evil Little

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Winnipeg is better then the Islanders, No way is Chevy dealing Trouba for what you're offering.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007

The value is off for sure.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Winnipeg is better then the Islanders, No way is Chevy dealing Trouba for what you're offering.

just wanna put it out there I am not an Isles fan, I asked in the OP if the value was way off. Do you think they could be trading partners? and what else would be required...

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
what is trouba looking for contract wise?
and pulock is done for the year.....( shoulder injury ) then he is off to free agency. so you would only be getting a first round pick for trouba.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Agreed it's pretty bad from a Jets point of view.

I thought it may be thats why I asked if the value was even close? what more do you think it would require?

Thread was mostly based on a couple Jets fans post in one of my other threads where they seemed some what unsure how things would go with Trouba in the off season

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
just wanna put it out there I am not an Isles fan, I asked in the OP if the value was way off. Do you think they could be trading partners? and what else would be required...
Yeah the value is definitely way off, Not sure if the Isles or Jets make good trading partners at least not for Trouba the asking price would definitely be Barzal at least.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
and pulock is done for the year.....( shoulder injury ) then he is off to free agency. so you would only be getting a first round pick for trouba.

didnt even realize he was done for the season (you sure thats not Dehaan) definitely makes this a no go. was just thinking 2 RFA one from Manitoba one who seems like he would rather play in the states same age both Righties...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Depending on the team i could see Trouba getting a similar deal as Cam Fowler so 7 or 8 years around $6.5 million per would be my guess. Obviously 8 from Winnipeg 7 from the rest of the league.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
you seem like a good poster, but you always leave me wanting more, seen a few of your posts where you just post statements but no solutions. what would you require/expect
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate being called a good poster. As for the trade, the value is off because Islanders is giving too much with first rounder in a deep draft and a quality defenceman for another quality defenceman.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
didnt even realize he was done for the season (you sure thats not Dehaan) definitely makes this a no go. was just thinking 2 RFA one from Manitoba one who seems like he would rather play in the states same age both Righties...
you are right it is de haan......my mistake.
from an islanders standpoint, i say "sure, why not?"
from a winnipeg standpoint, i say "no thank you."

Reactions: Dano85

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate being called a good poster. As for the trade, the value is off because Islanders is giving too much with first rounder in a deep draft and a quality defenceman for another quality defenceman.

hmmm seems like you are the only one who thinks this deal is in the Jets favor, as noted in the OP I am not 100% certain of the expectations surrounding Pulock

broc

Dec 20, 2010

No, the value is off bc Pulock is not worth close to Trouba, and the 1st is not enough to change that.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
I think his ceiling is Justin Faulk. He may not get there, but I think that's a solid comparable if he puts it together.

I don't want to give up Pulock, but I really like Trouba.

thanks.

Jets off season should be interesting they have 8 RFAs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad