Confirmed Trade: [NYI/VAN] Bo Horvat (25% retained) for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, and 2023 1st round pick (top 12 protected) | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Team drafts you by trading franchise level goalie to acquire you.

Name you captain.

Both your kids are born there. Your wife works there. You are 27 years old, coming off of 31 goals in 50 games. Fans love you, coaches love you. You are 100% willing to re-sign as long as a reasonable contract offer comes you way. I'd bet he would have taken 8m to stay with the Canucks. They trade you because of JT f***ing Miller (it was one or the other) and you have to uproot everything and leave that.

I think anything to do with Vancouver in it triggers him.
You lost me at reasonable contract and 8 million. Bo Horvat is 50-60 point shoot-first 2nd line center who can't match-up effectively against the other teams' best players. If he wanted a reasonable contract, he'd probably still be a Canuck.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
When Bo said, on multiple occasions, that he wanted to move on unless Vancouver started winning, the "Irony gods" started stirring the pot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You lost me at reasonable contract and 8 million. Bo Horvat is 50-60 point shoot-first 2nd line center who can't match-up effectively against the other teams' best players. If he wanted a reasonable contract, he'd probably still be a Canuck.
That's a very bitter take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Glad this one dimensional, arrogant, selfish player is out of Vancouver. He clearly had only his own self interest in mind and was only playing hard to get a new contract. Now that he has a new contract he is playing at a "I got paid like Tavares" pace.

He is on easy street now. In a wimpy- no pressure market...better to forget his name...it won't mean anything anymore.

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
Glad this one dimensional, arrogant, selfish player is out of Vancouver. He clearly had only his own self interest in mind and was only playing hard to get a new contract. Now that he has a new contract he is playing at a "I got paid like Tavares" pace.

He is on easy street now. In a wimpy- no pressure market...better to forget his name...it won't mean anything anymore.
Awwww

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Team drafts you by trading franchise level goalie to acquire you.

Name you captain.

Both your kids are born there. Your wife works there. You are 27 years old, coming off of 31 goals in 50 games. Fans love you, coaches love you. You are 100% willing to re-sign as long as a reasonable contract offer comes you way. I'd bet he would have taken 8m to stay with the Canucks. They trade you because of JT f***ing Miller (it was one or the other) and you have to uproot everything and leave that.

I think anything to do with Vancouver in it triggers him.

That isn’t true. In the end Vancouver offered him a contract to stay that was fair. The offer was between 7-8mil on a max. 8 year term. It wasn’t as good as the deal he got in New York, but I also don’t think it was a bad offer using the Miller deal as a benchmark (more term, slightly less AVG). If he really wanted to stay, he could have took it. But, he chose not to, and was traded.

That’s all well and fine. Hockey is a business, and he did what was best for him rather than staying at a discount. But, if you’re going to make nasty ass comments when you leave, then expect that to have a negative effect on the fan base that it impacts. I personally think it shows a lack of character to make those comments once you leave a place, but hey, he has to wear that going forward.

Reactions: Fatass and Tempo

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
silly people. he was asked how the playoff push was in the new environment. he said it was better than the old environment (i.e. because they're not making a playoff push and were run by buffoons, though he didn't spell the last bit out). has always given props to the fans out west. He legitimately wanted to be out there with a management that was bent on winning. He didn't see that happening and was not gonna miss his UFA dollars for it. Plain and simple. This trade will work out for all parties. Most of all, it could boom for Vancouver if Raty and the pick blossom over a renaissance. Tito will not hurt you so long as he's motivated. Love that guy.

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
I find it very hard to believe he was taking a shot at the fans. It makes zero sense. He made it clear he wanted to be a Canuck for life. That doesn't sound like someone who hated his time in Vancouver. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he flubbed his words trying to hype up his new fan base.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Whatever truth hurts i guess.

On the flip side thank fxxx we traded him before we signed him to anything resembling that contract. The "give you that for free" was pretty funny considering what that will look like in 4-5yrs?

Hronek Beauvillier for the same cap hit and Raty grooming as the future 3C......Thank you hockey gods we deserve it after finally getting rid of the moron that ran our franchise into the ground for 8yrs and Bo had to live through that horrendous era so if he's bitter then so be it.

Bo's a good dude (met him was a really cool chat for about 10minutes as he actually cared enough about the fans that he showed some return interest in me and my family) he's a solid player and will be good for the Islanders for awhile.

Our fans are probably amongst the most quiet pretentious whiners in the NHL while in NY he gets to play in a wicked new building with an amped up loud supportive boisterous crowd pushing them towards playoffs and he will be beast when he gets there because the playoffs are his thing so look out Carolina.

Not cool to direct it at us fans as we actually supported that shxx sandwich but whatever im sure enough idiots have said things to him in Van to want to poke a little

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
On the flip side thank fxxx we traded him before we signed him to anything resembling that contract. The "give you that for free" was pretty funny considering what that will look like in 4-5yrs?
Like every other Lou contract, it can be bought out at any time for a modest cap hit (2.8M in this case).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Like every other Lou contract, it can be bought out at any time for a modest cap hit (2.8M in this case).
I think it's ok for you guys. Meets your window when he starts to get really bad most of your core will all be toast. For us with OEL and already giving Miller a similar deal and Hughes Pettersson 23/24 it would have crippled us so im not throwing shade at an overpayment.

2nd line C's in their primes are hard to come by and for us getting 3 players that can help is more important especially the D.

Last edited:

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
This guy is mid and his contract sucks. When are teams gonna stop overpaying guys on career years?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This guy is mid and his contract sucks. When are teams gonna stop overpaying guys on career years?
I think Lou Lam was over a barrel and had no choice but to pay Bo “too much and for too long”. He gave up a great amount to acquire Bo. He couldn’t afford to see Bo walk as a UFA come July. So he overpaid to keep the player. Bo is a career 50-60 point guy. He’s average defensively. He doesn’t drive a line offensively. He’s great on face offs and has great character. What do those guys get paid? Kind of the Kadri 7x7?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
What he gave up is exactly what a center of his caliber would have cost in a trade on contract. Just because he traded him without a contract and then signed him doesn't mean he gave up too much. He was comfortable giving up that much knowing that he could sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad