Confirmed Trade: [NYI/VAN] Bo Horvat (25% retained) for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, and 2023 1st round pick (top 12 protected) | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yzerman somehow won this trade...

Death, taxes and Yzerman winning.
By picking what 16th?

And losing the 2nd best defender who is a rhd at that?

Since the trade, The islanders trade has gotten nothing but worse, and the trade is looking worse daily for stevie Y.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
By picking what 16th?

Since the trade, The islanders trade has gotten nothing but worse, and the trade is looking worse daily for stevie Y.
Cope, canucks traded for damaged goods

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The amount of people “surprised” at Horvat’s recent slide, have never watched Horvat play much. It’s what he does. It’s who he’s always been.

The great thing about him is, he does contribute in other areas during these stretches. You also know he’ll bust out of his slumps. Generally in a very big way.

With the playoffs approaching, he’ll be a good story to watch. I wouldn’t be concerned at all. It’s who he is.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
There are franchise, superstar, and elite players. He isn’t one of those players. He’s very good and has sure great skill sets but is a flawed player. Always has been.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He has still not done enough sire. We wanneth him to score much more. Our investment group is also not happy of his faceoffs lately. Not his shots, blocks or hits neither. He did them more and better in vancouver. We are following him. Hard.

I don't know why you keep saying that he hit more in Van. He has never done that and likely never will. He looks like someone that could be a wrecking ball but has never played that way. I hope for the Islanders sake that he starts to use his big frame but I wouldn't expect it.

And I wouldn't be shocked if he went on a bit of a goal scoring hot streak after getting the monkey off his back last game. That's the type of player he is. Invisible for a month and just when you start to give up on him, he goes streaking.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
By picking what 16th?

wait till the Islanders make the semi finals. lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Talking like this, he better have a big playoffs, because he just turned on the fan base that many fans really enjoyed his time .
I honestly Believe it came out wrong and he was trying to pump the isles crowd. All he’s said in interviews is how great the fans and people of Vancouver are.
That being said, still shocked he said this like this. Doesn’t seem like his character.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Talking like this, he better have a big playoffs, because he just turned on the fan base that many fans really enjoyed his time .

Hes salty that they traded him in his prime as a captain. I think he was really comfortable in VAN. He talked about how he thought he was going to be a Canuck for life. I mean i dont blame him, but yeah bizzare to call out the fans.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I honestly Believe it came out wrong and he was trying to pump the isles crowd. All he’s said in interviews is how great the fans and people of Vancouver are.
That being said, still shocked he said this like this. Doesn’t seem like his character.
Gotta love a nice heel turn

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hes salty that they traded him in his prime as a captain. I think he was really comfortable in VAN. He talked about how he thought he was going to be a Canuck for life. I mean i dont blame him, but yeah bizzare to call out the fans.
Remember all the drama about locker room problems, pettersson basically came out and said it was not JT Miller, without directly, saying it, would it not be hilarious if it was Bo Horvat all this time.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Remember all the drama about locker room problems, pettersson basically came out and said it was not JT Miller, without directly, saying it, would it not be hilarious if it was Bo Horvat all this time.
And all the drama was actually over whether the fans suck or not with Bo leading the yay side, Miller leading the nay side

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
And all the drama was actually over whether the fans suck or not with Bo leading the yay side, Miller leading the nay side
Don’t you find it kind of odd, he was literally our captain, this season, and he calls out the fans, not management or coaching staff, in the same season?

It makes no sense

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Team drafts you by trading franchise level goalie to acquire you.

Name you captain.

Both your kids are born there. Your wife works there. You are 27 years old, coming off of 31 goals in 50 games. Fans love you, coaches love you. You are 100% willing to re-sign as long as a reasonable contract offer comes you way. I'd bet he would have taken 8m to stay with the Canucks. They trade you because of JT f***ing Miller (it was one or the other) and you have to uproot everything and leave that.

I think anything to do with Vancouver in it triggers him.

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
I have to admit that was a weird thing to say. With that being said, he's had a couple of nice games recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad