NY Residents...(Lottery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
MSG is showing the Press Conference at 3 on Friday...and also airing the lottery at 4. I found this out during the Mets\Padres game, of all things(Glavine is pitching, and they were discussing how excited he is about the NHL's return, mentioned that he was a Kings draftpick\outstanding hockey player, etc). Mets announcers were surprisingly complimentary\excited about the deal being reached. Shrug.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
nomorekids said:
MSG is showing the Press Conference at 3 on Friday...and also airing the lottery at 4. I found this out during the Mets\Padres game, of all things(Glavine is pitching, and they were discussing how excited he is about the NHL's return, mentioned that he was a Kings draftpick\outstanding hockey player, etc). Mets announcers were surprisingly complimentary\excited about the deal being reached. Shrug.

Sweet!

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
nomorekids said:

Maybe americans dont hate hockey as much as we thought? I think it can bounce back, from what i've gathered lately.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
nomorekids said:

There will also be a round table discussion after the lottery with John Davidson, Sam Rosen, Doc Emerick, Stan Fischler and Mike Milbury (and others).

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
It does look like more and more US networks are picking it up. Earlier in the day, we got confirmation here in Colorado that our network (Altitude) would be carrying Friday's events (news conference, lottery, etc.) live in their entirety. (Altitude can be seen on DirecTV channel 644.)

http://coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=308

Altitude Sports & Entertainment, the telecast home of the Colorado Avalanche, will carry the NHL Press Conference and Draft Lottery live on Friday, July 22 beginning at 1:00pm Mountain Time.
Commissioner Gary Bettman is expected to conduct a press conference at 1:00pm Mountain Time announcing the ratification of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the National Hockey League and the NHL Players’ Association in addition to new playing rules. Following the conclusion of the Commissioner’s press conference, the NHL will conduct live coverage of the Draft Lottery results, with picks announced in descending order from 30 to one.
The 2005 NHL Entry Draft is slated for Saturday, July 30, and the first round will be carried live by Altitude beginning at 10:00am Mountain Time.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Not sure what you mean. Altitude and MSG are airing everything... the news conference, full lottery, etc.
For example, ESPN is only airing the first 2 picks. If MSG is definetly sticking with the whole lottery, than that's great

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
nyr7andcounting said:
For example, ESPN is only airing the first 2 picks. If MSG is definetly sticking with the whole lottery, than that's great
Yeah, I saw that ESPNews is only cutting in and showing only the top 2 live. That's why your best bet is with Altitude or MSG... I'm certain that Altitude will have the lottery in its entirety, and I'm guessing MSG will also.

PECAhead

Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
nomorekids said:

One of the Mets Announcers does play-by-play for the Isles TV broadcast. Howie Rose. Well at least he used to announce some Mets games from time to time. I don't know if he still does, or if he was even one of the announcers for this particular Mets-Padres games.

Howie Rose was a former host on WFAN. He is one of the few "Hockey Guys" in the NY Media. And how he likes to point out: Definitely a face for the Radio...

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
PECAhead said:
One of the Mets Announcers does play-by-play for the Isles TV broadcast. Howie Rose. Well at least he used to announce some Mets games from time to time. I don't know if he still does, or if he was even one of the announcers for this particular Mets-Padres games.

Howie Rose was a former host on WFAN. He is one of the few "Hockey Guys" in the NY Media. And how he likes to point out: Definitely a face for the Radio...

Howie does radio for the Mets.

He also used to do radio for the Rangers. He's best remembered by Ranger fans for his "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" call.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
SingnBluesOnBroadway said:
Howie does radio for the Mets.

He also used to do radio for the Rangers. He's best remembered by Ranger fans for his "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" call.

"The Rangers have one more hill to climb."

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
nomorekids said:
funny but in 1983 I got out of school and took over the family season tickets; they have this award ceremony the last game of the season where they honor the area HS hockey player for both scholastic and ability, and the winner was Tommy Glavine. He played a few years after me and I never played against him at Billerica HS but some of my buddies did and he was tremendous. We were all aware of him. I always wondered what happened to him because he never made the NHL?

Tom's actually going to get serious consideration for the HOF and one of his HS teamates I believe was Gary Disarcina; I believe they were together at same time.

Yizee*

MSG Does a GREAT job on covering Rangers hockey - they do not ignore it like ESPN and others do they give plenty of attention to it and I wish every station was like this

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Yizee said:
MSG Does a GREAT job on covering Rangers hockey - they do not ignore it like ESPN and others do they give plenty of attention to it and I wish every station was like this
I agree, my Sabres are gonna be on MSG this year and im confident that they wilol have good coverage too.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
JOHNBOY said:
I agree, my Sabres are gonna be on MSG this year and im confident that they wilol have good coverage too.

I didn't realize you guys get MSG up there. Do you see Ranger games? Will Northern NY get Sabres games and Southern NY get Rangers games when they play on the same day?

MSG is a great network because they give hockey the good treatement, but also what makes it so great is the duo of Sam and JD. They are both great in their own right and even better together.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I imagine everyone'll be using TSN's feed, since they say their coverage is "exclusive". But that's probably better for everybody.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Where's Empire?

I think they shut down that station after the last year

anyways, it goes to show you that they do pay attention to hockey somewhat in NY :P

bladeNYR

Jul 12, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Phil333 said:
MSG is a great network because they give hockey the good treatement, but also what makes it so great is the duo of Sam and JD. They are both great in their own right and even better together.

So true. They would be even better if Dolan wasn't around. You can tell that they had to hold back several times when the Rangers were playing bad.

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
Levitate said:
I think they shut down that station after the last year

anyways, it goes to show you that they do pay attention to hockey somewhat in NY :P

Empire went under last fall. The staff is gone, and the Sabres have been shifted to MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad