GDT: NXT Takeover: San Antonio (January 28, 2017)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
We need a Styles/Nakamura program on Smackdown leading to a match at Mania for the title. Can you imagine?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We need a Styles/Nakamura program on Smackdown leading to a match at Mania for the title. Can you imagine?

It would look like they were literally hitting one another with moves. I would fear for every kick and punch. They'd show the non-WWE style.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Right now Bobby Roode is wondering how he's gone this long in his career without having matches this over

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The reason NXT always delivers is because they allow the great in ring storytelling that they never do on the main roster.

They make title matches important.

How many times have we seen Owens and Jericho and Reigns in ring? Owens-Reigns won't have the same appeal if they just knew how to build to a single match.

Styles-Cena is built the NXT way...no physicality or matches. Just promos. Let the hype build.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They make title matches important.

How many times have we seen Owens and Jericho and Reigns in ring? Owens-Reigns won't have the same appeal if they just knew how to build to a single match.

Styles-Cena is built the NXT way...no physicality or matches. Just promos. Let the hype build.

There hasn't been a single match all year on the main roster with storytelling like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad