GDT: NXT Takeover: San Antonio (January 28, 2017)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anyone know why Revival were left off the show? Someone injured? Those guys are awesome to watch.

Dillinger/Young - ***
Almas/Strong - ***1/4
AoP/DIY - ***1/2
Asuka/Royce/Kay/Cross - ***1/4
Nakamura/Roode - ****1/4

Definitely agree.

Please just bring Nakamura up and move towards Roode/Ohno.

WM card is so filled right now. Unless they commit to using him in a main event, I don't want to see him called up til the night after. Night after Mania.. everyone singing his song... can you imagine?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Revival didn't have a match to have. The only guys could be working with are TM61, and they killed them off for a while (Thorne is out for 6+ months with an injury). They can't do Revival vs DIY again as AoP needed their big title shot.

They basically have no tag teams for the Revival to face. I expect to see some new tag teams made very soon as they currently just have three plus Sanity, and they can't do anything new with just those guys now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Revival didn't have a match to have. The only guys could be working with are TM61, and they killed them off for a while (Thorne is out for 6+ months with an injury). They can't do Revival vs DIY again as AoP needed their big title shot.

They basically have no tag teams for the Revival to face. I expect to see some new tag teams made very soon as they currently just have three plus Sanity, and they can't do anything new with just those guys now.

Thank you, Kimi. Haven't been watching as much as I'd like. I remember the big tag tourney and figured they could at least have an easy throw-in match to get the crowd on fire.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Didn't see the show but just saw that Rollins clip and holy crap - THIS is what they should've been doing from the start. If this is how the build is gonna be to Mania, I'm dialed back into this feud.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Cross needs to be Asuka's Orlando opponent. Triple Threat isn't a bad idea either though if you want to sneak the belt off her without her eating a pin.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
how do you even put anyone up against Auska?

She needs off NXT just to give everyone else a chance.

Naka, Joe and Roode should be at the top of the main cards. I cant believe WWE has talent like this and big show and shaq will take up 25 mins at wm

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Cross is the perfect opponent to face Asuka
Slowly over time, you're seeing Asuka 'struggle' against opponents (ie showing she's not invincible)
And Cross can go absolutely insane on her to finally topple her
Be it in some gimmick match or not

You show that it takes a wrestler to go to insane measures to beat Asuka
And you still have Asuka be the monster she is

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you have Asuka drop the title in a match, someone is still going to have to beat her in a rematch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad